All reviews elephant mountain common room free tour taipei main station bathrooms and showers bunk beds meet new friends very nice and helpful staff person room comfortable place to stay my day stay different countries simple breakfast convenient place enjoyed my stay free breakfast ningxia night market
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Thank you for providing a satisfying service, the staffs are helpful and kind. After that, There are weekly activities to bring the visitor to explore TP. If I am in TP again, I will choose to stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Decent hostel. Not the best I've stayed in. Breakfast is subpar. The rooms are pretty tight. The bed was comfortable and the comforter was warm. Good level of cleanliness. However, some people would leave things in the bathrooms/shower areas making it look a bit cluttered.

Lockers in the room were great for storing valuables.

The area is right next to the taipei main station. Pretty easy to get around. Good staff. Quiet. I'd stay again.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Hostel Taipei H, 業者 at Homey Hostel, Taipei Main Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Hello Chaunna,

Thank you very much for your comments.
We are really glad that you enjoyed our environment ,the lockers and the cleanliness of the hostel.
We will go check on the shower rooms and toilets more often, so that other guests' belongings won't occupy the public space. Sorry for the inconvenience!

We are looking forward to your next visit, see you soon :)

szutung

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

My fiancé and I originally booked the 2 person bunks but ended up getting a 4 person room to ourselves, which was a perk. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and even gave us some good breakfast/food recommendations. Bathrooms and showers are all shared and co-ed, so keep that in mind, but they were clean and roomy-enough. We mostly loved Homey Hostel for its great central location — it’s walking distance from Kaohsiung Main Station and thus the train/HSR/MRT/Airport MRT. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Ok so first of all: this place is awesome. Like you must stay here if you come to taipei, otherwise you missed a good experience in your life.
They have :
Free breakfast, free wifi, you can use the kitchen for cooking and use the refrigerator,
Rooms are standart like in every hostel.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The common area have free computer access, a guitar and a keyboard.
Also free for use!
The location is also very good, so what else you want?

I could even make a reservation for my train ticket, but that is where my pain started.
They gave me a receipt and said i should show that to the staff in the train station so i can exchange it to my ticket.
Now going there was easy, but i could not speak chinese and literally nobody could tell me what that peace of paper was that i got from the hostel.
Even my taiwanese friend whom i met later was like „wtf is this?“.
The information at the station called them to ask what this peace of paper was, and then they gave me another paper which i had to show again to the next counter.
All this procedure took me like 30 min.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I stayed at this hostel for two nights. What struck me the most was the warm and friendly staff, who were service minded and helpful with whatever requests one might have as a guest. As to the rooms, the facilities are rather simple and what you would expect from the price. Some of the shared rooms had large windows with a beautiful view over the city. The common room also had a most friendly and relaxing atmosphere to it, and it was really easy to get to know other travelers. This hostel also offers facilities for doing laundry and drying clothes. If you're looking for a simple, warm and friendly hostel stay in Taipei, I would absolutely recommend Homey Hostel.

Room tip: Corner rooms are large with a great view
Date of stay: March 2019