All reviews recommended hotel tatami area private hot spring train station xin beitou short walk hotspring tub one night stay supermarket baths mins dryer renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Front desk staff and bell was very attentive at check in. We got upgraded to a deluxe room. When I enter the room, all the furniture and bedding are old. Start with my biggest concern- the lock. They use the old fashion locks, one key with a tag of your room number which mean there's no way to track or run lock investigation. For instance, you lose an item inside the room, it will be you say, they say. They claim the room have anti peep system which I am not sure how it works.
Furniture - Many scratches but clean on the surfaces. I don't have picture of the tub but you can see from others. It looks old and stain. I know it might be because of the hot spring and different chemical. That is why I think this hotel need renovation so bad.

As a guest, I get a pass to visit the public hot spring once a day. The lady bring you to the locker room with hair dryer and all that which is alright. Once I enter the hot spring area... hell it is a perfect place to shot a horror movie. I did not see anything paranormal but the energy and the lighting freaks me the hell out. guess what, the place is completely empty. I was the only one in the public hot spring area yeah. The tub again its very yellow. After few mins in there, I cannot relax at all so I left before I actually see anything.

Breakfast have Chinese and western options. It is free and served in a banquet room.

Owner should be ashamed!! All the staff are great, friendly, professional. Do I think they are proud working there? Absolutely not. The facility is a joke!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

The front desk service was not good. We visited Taiwan for three weeks and stayed in several cities. This hotel had the worst service among all hotels. For example, my wife came to ask them about the quality of Onsen water, the front desk staff did not even look at her and offered an unreasonable answer.

On the other hand, the hotel only allowed the visitor one time of using the public Onsen for one night of stay. I find this was quite mean for Onsen resorts.

I like staying at onsen resorts for holiday because I enjoy the worry free state of mind. However staying at this hotel does not give me this feeling.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I last reviewed Sweet Me 7 years ago. Since then I have been back at least a dozen times. On any visit to Taipei I always visit Sweet Me as it is my favourite private hot spring in Beitou. And, I love that the rooms have both a hot and cold baths (many don't). For 90 minutes the cost is NT$1100 (when I last reviewed 7 years ago it was NT$900, so the price increase since then is very reasonable. Location is just a very short walk (3 mins) from Xin Beitou Station.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank thespgtraveler
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We were told by hotel reception is cheaper if hotel book taxi to airport from hotel at flat rate TWD1,000 instead of metered fare. Since we paid TWD1,165 from airport to Sweetme on metered fare, we thought it's a good deal. When we reach airport, taxi driver asked for TWD1,200. It was a total scam...

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

An onsen lover, I had to stop over Beitou when I’m in Taipei. I’ve never experience onsen in Taipei before and was told that Beitou is THE place to go. A little disappointment though....

The hotel has a private onsen. It’s decent size and everything was fine. Just that the overall experience is nothing after you gave experience Japanese onsen. I think if you want to try, a night here is good enough.

Overall the staff is helpful, breakfast is boring and same over the 2 days. Room is clean and location is convenient. A little bit old overall.

Date of stay: May 2018