See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Things we liked about Lotus Hotel: Easy access to MRT Xinbeitou station. Bus station for access to YangMing Shan park directly across the street. Location directly across from the pleasant Beitou Park and Beitou library. At least 3 7-11 stores visible from front door! Clean. Helpful front desk staff. Nice hearty breakfast. Umbrellas available to borrow. Hallway music innocuous and at pleasant volume. Hot springs bath literally in your own private bathtub!

Things to note: Bathroom did not offer shampoo. Bathroom is also the wet style: one drain in center of floor and no shower curtain. Decor of entire hotel is on the "tired" end of the spectrum.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2016

The Pink Lotus is situated well at the heart of Beitou: three different 24/7 stores a step away, hot springs down the street and MRT directly opposite. To top it off it was cheap.

Complimentary breakfast is provided 8-10am daily, albeit - its bland. Don't let that put you off, one should be thankful for a bite at all considering the price. It wasn't horrible and starts the day for more, so well appreciated it.

The room was cosy; styled in resemblance to what one would find when East first met West. It was cute, and comfortable. Air conditioning ran well - doesn't heat. Hot water was no problem as well. The old style bath might cause a bit of mess for those that prefer neat and tidy.

For those that speak no mandarin what-so-ever, the hotel has no English signboards. Like others suggested, look for the lotus icon to locate. Additionally, the staff speaks little to no English, so there may be some problems there... The short of what they said we found was:

- Present your passport
- Pay by cash or card
- Use the tokens for breakfast in the morning
- Return the key to the front desk if you require room servicing.

Hope that helps a little!

The main upset personally... the room is dirty beneath the shine. Nothing huge, but don't approach the place thinking its hygienic. You wouldn't for most hotels, so include this in it. Bacterial wipes would be highly recommended.

Room tip: Quadruple rooms are sometimes offered at the same price as doubles, keep an eye out
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2015

A very convenient location which is nearby the MRT station ,many restaurant and food stalls. Walking distance to famous sightseeing places. The room is spacious with private hot spring bath which make it specially awesome with the price it offered. Free yummy breakfast and helpful staffs. Surprisingly happy that we were allowed to check in to room just after we arrived about noon time.

Room tip: Choose a room with big hot spring tub
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 929liewn
Reviewed October 5, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with my family last week.

Staff were absolutely lovely! Especially the kitchen staff who made us little ham and egg toasties because we had a hangover. Awwww
Beds were comfy. Bath was delightful. Good location. Will stay again

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Since I reference Tripadvisor a lot when I book for hotels and flight. I think it's time for me to contribute a little bit to the web site for the rest of the travellers.

The hotel is right across a road from the Xin Beitou subway station, less than 1 minute walk distance! There is an convenience store (7-11) next to the hotel, and a 24-hour supermarket (Wellcome) adjacent to the hotel, so very convenient if you would like to buy some grocery or local snacks when you return to the hotel after a long day trip.

Perhaps I could speak Mandarin so I had no communication issue with the hotel staff. Not many guests in the lobby during my check in time so the process was smooth.

The lift was small and old with only the Chinese characters on "open" and "close" buttons though (Thank God I read Chinese!).

The room was spacious for me as a single guest, but I believe the space should be enough for 2 as well. Fair size for the bathroom, with a separate tab for hot spring water. However, I took hot spring water bath three times in the room, and the colour of the hot spring water was different every time :S

Amenities e.g. shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpastes, comb, towels, blazer, shower cap, hair dryer, etc., are available, but not hair conditioner.

My room did not have any nice views but I only spent most of the time in the bath tub and bed, so that did not bother me.

There were two spare quilts available inside the wardrobe, but the air-conditioning worked fine so I didn’t use it. However, the screen of air-conditioning was digital and was too “shiny” during the night, I had to use a brochure to cover it up so that I could sleep properly. The bed looked clean, and it was fair comfortable. Sound proof of the room was good by the way. At least I did not hear the next door talking.

The included breakfast in the hotel…um…perhaps you may just skip it and go to the Beitou Market down the road. I myself am not really get used to have congee and cold side dishes (e.g. tofu, cooled fried or marinated vegetables, etc.) as breakfast, but if you really would like to taste “local breakfast”), you can have a go… No English breakfast tea available! Only coffee, Chinese tea, and super sweet Taiwan “milk tea”… A little disappointed as an English breakfast tea / bubble tea lover.

Check out is very quick, just drop the key at the reception, saying "I am checking out", and bye!!

In general the hotel is good value, I am not sure how to judge the quality of the hot spring water though, but if you don’t mind (or you decided to go to somewhere else anyway for hot spring), Pink Lotus Hotel would be one of your budget choices.

Date of stay: April 2013