See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Aside to the very convenient location to the mrt station and the cosy japanese inspired exterior of the hotel, the room was disappointingly dark and old. The private spring tub in the bath was dubious looking in terms of hygiene. The spring water smelled like sewage (which may be natural) but poor ventilation just made the room smell like a bad drain. There was insufficient lighting in the room and the bath and the amenities within the room and bath is old. There isn't even a single hook to hang up our bath towels and there's 4 of us! And erm, there's not even a mirror in the room. I made a mistake to roll up the roller blinds in the bath only to find a horrifyingly dusty panel. Wallpaper in the room is also peeling with dusty curtains. I'm not looking forward to the breakfast tomorrow morning. Staff was also not very forthcoming :( I'm a rough traveler and hardly give reviews like this. Guys...just don't come here.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I arrived at Kaohsiung on the start of thunderstorm & Typhoon in mid June.
Was suggested to go up to Taipei instead of staying at Kaohsiung, found out that is the same "raining" at Taipei.
Since is a wet and cool/cold days in Taipei, i decided to go for something "Hot & comfortable" Hot Spring.
Selected this hotel due to reasonable pricing, since I am only staying for a night.
I arrived at the hotel at 2pm and was not aware that the check in time is 5pm. So I got stuck with no place to go on a raining day.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

We choose this hotel to enjoy the hot Spring in family but it is not mix gender and they didn't allow our daughter even under surveillance. I tried alone the hotspring facility and I have to say it is very old and dark. Chinese women chatting very loud in the spa so not very relaxing. The rooftop hot Bath is dirty, too warm for me, and very unpleasant surrounding. The picture on Booking.com are overestimating the reality of the place. You can still enjoy the private hot Spring in a very dark and smelling bad room. Windows are only in the bathroom. Staff ok but nothing exceptionnal, and the taiwanese breakfast not at the level. The only good point is the location very close to the metro station. I don't recommend this resort to a family or young people.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Emmanuelle B
Reviewed January 28, 2018

I booked this hotel for the price and I got what I paid for. I arrived after 10 PM and Google Maps took me to the "hostel" entrance where there was no sign in English and I don't read Chinese. The man working the desk walked me to the Hotel side and to my room, but my expectations were very low at that point. The room was very basic motel style decor. I did enjoy the hot spring in the room, but was disappointed that it wasn't as hot as I would have liked. Everyone was friendly, but this is not a hotel that caters to Western visitors.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Location: there are 2 entrances with 2 different names (shan yue resort and shan shui yue resort). We were confused when we found the first entrance and had to look for the other entrance because we did not know it's the same resort.
Room: we paid the equivalent of Singapore $286 for 2nights for room 325 but after staying in it for 1/2hour, we decided to check out. It was small, dark and smelled really old and musty. The worst thing is the in-room bathtub which was supposed to be the highlight of any onsen hotel stay. It was so old a section of concrete was exposed and looked really disgusting. I should have photographed it and you'd know what I meant. The electricity tripped 2 times in that 1/2 hour. In the end we made a last minute booking at Aqua Bella nearby and checked out immediately.

Date of stay: October 2017