See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

We choose this hotel to enjoy the hot Spring in family but it is not mix gender and they didn't allow our daughter even under surveillance. I tried alone the hotspring facility and I have to say it is very old and dark. Chinese women chatting very loud in the spa so not very relaxing. The rooftop hot Bath is dirty, too warm for me, and very unpleasant surrounding. The picture on Booking.com are overestimating the reality of the place. You can still enjoy the private hot Spring in a very dark and smelling bad room. Windows are only in the bathroom. Staff ok but nothing exceptionnal, and the taiwanese breakfast not at the level. The only good point is the location very close to the metro station. I don't recommend this resort to a family or young people.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Emmanuelle B
Reviewed January 28, 2018

I booked this hotel for the price and I got what I paid for. I arrived after 10 PM and Google Maps took me to the "hostel" entrance where there was no sign in English and I don't read Chinese. The man working the desk walked me to the Hotel side and to my room, but my expectations were very low at that point. The room was very basic motel style decor. I did enjoy the hot spring in the room, but was disappointed that it wasn't as hot as I would have liked. Everyone was friendly, but this is not a hotel that caters to Western visitors.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Location: there are 2 entrances with 2 different names (shan yue resort and shan shui yue resort). We were confused when we found the first entrance and had to look for the other entrance because we did not know it's the same resort.
Room: we paid the equivalent of Singapore $286 for 2nights for room 325 but after staying in it for 1/2hour, we decided to check out. It was small, dark and smelled really old and musty. The worst thing is the in-room bathtub which was supposed to be the highlight of any onsen hotel stay. It was so old a section of concrete was exposed and looked really disgusting. I should have photographed it and you'd know what I meant. The electricity tripped 2 times in that 1/2 hour. In the end we made a last minute booking at Aqua Bella nearby and checked out immediately.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank horeceb
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Even the hotel is closed to MRT, pls don't choose this hotel. It is very dirty (with ants). The breakfast is with limited choice of food. If considering the cost we paid , 20:00 check in and 12:00 check out, this hotel is with bad value so do not recommend this hotel. Besides, when we got home, we found that we had left a bag at the hotel.So we made a phone call to the manager of the hotel to see if we can get the bag back. However, the concierge said:“ We didn't find any bag in my room after we check out. Besides, the room has already occupied by other guests, and the housekeeper is off duty now. ” After a few hours later,we made a phone call to tell the hotel if they really can't find our bag, we may go to our nearest police station to file a report. On the next morning, the other concierge called me and told they find our bag in our room. It seems weird that how come they claim they didn't find the bag last afternoon after we check out ?!

衛生不佳、公眾池使用時間短暫且只能單次進入,公共室內按摩池水溫燙人根本無法使用!第二天退房後要再使用大眾池被拒絕!?(連住兩晚卻只能使用1次大眾池??並且也未在check in及大眾池贈送單上註明僅限入住時使用)早餐選擇性少。退房後有遺落物也未即時告知客人,且房務謊稱沒看到遺落物,並且推托說目前已經有新房客入住,告知飯店若真的找不到就要去警局報案遺失,結果轉達完可能會去報案,隔沒幾小時就找到遺落在房內的物品了?!非常不老實+管理鬆散+清潔極差的旅館!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived at Shan Yue, we tried to check in (it was 1pm) but were told that check in wasn't until 6pm. They said we couldn't use the facilities until we checked in either. As we'd travelled quite far to get here we weren't that pleased so after a bit of negotiation, they allowed us to drop our bags and use the communal (gender segregated) spa. It was great, with three pools and a sauna.

We came back at 4pm to pick something up from our bags and were told that our room was ready, which we really appreciated as they must have got it ready early. We had a double with hot springs and it was really lovely, the bed was really comfy and it was very cool to have a hot spring bath/hot tub in your room.

The only downside was the noise - we were staying next to people coming and going a lot and constantly running the hot springs, so we could hear constant slamming or pipes from our room late into the night. We were probably just unlucky with our neighbours though!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple