Tripadvisor

from $20.50
from $38.06
from $24.50
9,996 results
All reviews kecak dance the cliff be careful beautiful sunset indian ocean naughty monkeys watch the sunset tanah lot must visit place entrance fee traditional dance monkey forest sunglasses uluwatu snatched tourists hats
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was told the monkey's were aggressive only when I got there. Had I known I would have brought NOTHING inside with me and dress very plan. Long story short I now have NO PHONE FOR THE NEXT 2 1/2 Months. Becareful no matter what you read these monkey's are wild, smart, sneaky. I was taking photos when I heard a women scream about 200 feet from me, All I did was turn around from behind a monkey snatched my phone. I did nothing to provoke any monkey. My phone was gone with the monkey he jumped on the wall the phone ended up going over the cliffs.
That happed 5 min while being there. After that I just wanted to go but couldn't find my driver. While I was there several more screams from tourist also so the remains of the 6 people that did get there phones back, wish I had photos but phone over cliff They got them back but none are use able. I would not of thought a monkey could do such damage.
You read about other not having a problem with the monkey's, well that is because there are still more tourist than monkey's. I will not even go to monkey forest now. I HATE THEM, SO AGGRESSIVE THAT IS NOT EVEN THE HALF. What is worse is the people telling me I did not follow the rules. My be if the tourists were told the truth about what the monkey's are like we could make an informed decision.

2  Thank blaineyorkies
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First I want to say that I love the Kecak dance. Saw it in Ubud and decided to see it again in Uluatu temple at sunset. Besides the wonderful setup of this show and the high level of the dancer, the show is disappointing for the following reasons:
1. They let in people far beyond the capacity of this place which I estimate around 1000 people
2. They let in people after the show has begun...even 20 minuets after.
3 As people continue to come, they seat people on the stage and they almost touch the players.
4. Bases on the previous note, only a small portion of the stage is left to the players.
5. Now, the worst of all... towards the end of the show, just before the fire dance (which is the climax of the show....as the main actor is supposingly in a state of a trance, they start to play jocks in the most childish, stupid way, including reaching some people from the audience and get them on stage to do some funny acts. This is not what the play is suppose to be. It is a very cultural act, driving the players to a state of trance.... not in this show!!! It was rediculos to the point that I was ashamed for them... to see what they are doing to their culture...
6. As people are not prepared to this show, they start to leave in the middle. Since there is not enough space to walk through, they are stuck in front of you for a long time. This is far worse than disturbing

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank rafikfir
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the temple and i find it an overwhelming experience. The scenery is very beautiful and very majestic! We watch the kecak and fire dance show that was the cherry on the top of this amazing afternoon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

lots to see and do with some breathtaking views over the ocean. There are a few cheeky monkeys, but they seemed harmless. Lots of culture to become immersed in and a great way to experience a traditional Balinese temple.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited at sunset, not too crowded. It is not the most impressive temple in Bali but it is a nice visit especially at sunset due to its West location.