“Nice place awful staff”

and 1 more site!
Bali Bule Homestay
Ranked #7 of 40 Pecatu B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Pros: The pool is nice the rooms are big and clean, and you are a five min walk from uluwatu beach.
Cons: the most unhelpful and unfriendliest staff ever encountered in my 1 month trip in Indonesia.
I would also not recommend eating at their restaurant. The staff there is also pretty rude. Just walk to uluwatu beach (5 min up the road) and there are loads of food options with a great view on the most beautiful waves.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank audejacques
There are newer reviews for Bali Bule Homestay

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Bali Bule could be the best value in Uluwatu. First, the place is gorgeous! The pool is a few feet from any of the rooms and the price is great! If you're here to surf, get the room with 2 beds and you can pay as low as $22/night (sharing with a friend, total of $45/night). Unlike some of the hotels/motels, it's not dingy, it's NICE and PLEASANT.

The staff is outstanding, especially Nick, who will do whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant one! He even volunteered to get me a modem in Denpasar, because he knew the modem I ordered didn't come and he knew I really needed it for work. He also gave me a ride to Panang Panang beach, just because I asked how to get there and didn't know how to rid a motorbike! So nice!!! He also tried to teach me to ride a motorbike, but I was a lost case, not his fault :-).

The pool is inviting and fun, no, the water is no longer green as some people describe, maybe it was a temporary glitch.

Ok, some things to know:

1. Internet is super slow. Don't count on it at all. I had to buy a sim card and modem to get reasonable connection. However, if you only need to facebook and check email, you will be just fine.

2. Restaurant food is not good. I've told them that. Get out and walk in any direction for food, if you turn right, you get to Uluwatu Blue Point beach that has some good restaurant with amazing view (notice I said "good" and not "great", food in Uluwatu is not great in general...).

If you still want to eat at the restaurant, ask for the "Israeli Salad", I thought them how to make it and they did a good job with it.

I recommend Bali Bule 100%! Say hi to Nick!

Room Tip: Pick the more expensive one, with hot water and outdoor shower. It's only $10 more.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mearvk
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at a total of 8 places during our time in Bali (of varying types and qualities), and this was probably the best, especially for the price.

The room was modern and clean (overall we had found cleanliness at other places to be a bit of a problem). It's also very spacious, and the gardens etc are nicely maintained.

The staff were professional and friendly.

Overall very happy. You're probably not going to find better value accommodation in uluwatu!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I spent nearly two weeks in Uluwatu and we are glad we found Bali Bule. We had an AC bungalow -- comfortable, spacious and cleaned daily. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food was average and typical.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 10 days in a deluxe bungalow at Bali Bule. There are a total of 8 bungalows. The bungalows are very spacious and spotlessly clean. Our bungalow had A/C, satellite TV, hot/cold water shower and wi-fi. Inside the bungalow there are 3 areas. The bedroom area was the largest and consisted of a large comfortable bed (king), a desk and TV. Bungalows are set back from road so are very quiet at night. The shower/toilet area is quite big and consisted of a separate hot shower, cold shower, toilet and wash basin. There was complimentary shampoo and soap. The third area contained a large cupboard and ample space to leave bags, suitcases surfboards etc. Each bungalow also has a balcony/deck with chairs and tables overlooking the beautiful pool area. The grounds are beautiful landscaped and the pool, which is in the centre of the complex, is clean and well maintained. There are plenty of pool lounges and umbrellas. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is also a large parking area. Breakfast was not included in the price but there is a restaurant onsite that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Location is walking distance to uluwatu (10 mins) or by bike 1 min. To padang padang by bike it takes 5 minutes. There are plenty of restaurants/warungs at uluwatu, padang or in between. Opposite is a small convenience store or to the right is larger one about 1 minute walk. I would highly recommend Bali Bule... excellent value !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisw1972
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is actually my fiance's new-favorite hotel.

The rooms are nice: Each room is a separate building, so its very quiet. Each room/building is quite large, tastefully done, and pretty new. Each even has a deck in the front to lounge on. The grounds are landscaped very well, and the pool great. I see older reviews that mention the pool dying clothing/hair (that sucks) but at least in my experience it was fine - even my white t-shirt I swam in came out without any tint. So that problem seems fixed.

On-site restaurant is of good quality, and serves all meals.

Location is convenient: Both Padang Padang beach & Suluban beach are about 10 minutes walk away, or shorter if you use a motorbike (which the hotel rents). Directly across the street is a local convenience store, with two more about a minute's walk away. Additional restaurants are within 5 minutes walk.

Laundry service was fast & good.

Really, the grounds are beautiful, and it's just very...cute, especially for the price. It's not a resort - it's a hotel, but it *looks* like a boutique resort. There's nothing we wished had been different.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, equidistant from the pool, and no location is noisy - this is one place...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmace1
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I took my parents together to this place for two nights. We enjoyed our stay. We had some problem with shower though. The water wasn't warm enough. The restaurant is nice, except that the fresh juice aren't very great. The juice are so thin that do not taste fresh. The garden, the pool and the rooms are all very clean and nice. The location is good too, 10 minutes's walk to blue point (really beautiful place) and 20 minute's walk to Thomas beach. Attention though, we accidentally went to Thomas beach when we were looking for Padang Padang beach. Padang Padang is further, maybe 30+ minutes walk. You need to climb stairs for reaching both beaches. In general, we enjoyed our stay there. We think it is a good value for the price we pay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
Blue Point Bay Villas & Spa
Puri Uluwatu Villas
Puri Uluwatu Villas
#36 of 65 in Pecatu

Been to Bali Bule Homestay? Share your experiences!