“Nice medium class hotel”
Review of PinkCoco Bali

PinkCoco Bali
Ranked #1 of 42 Pecatu B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We staid four nights in an air conditionned room upstairs with nice sea view. We are very satisfied, except for the electrical lighting which is very poor: No bed light, impossible to read in the bed, and low lighting in the sitting place, where it is difficult to read.
The TV does not offer a french channel (TV5).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RDEF
surferbali, Owner at PinkCoco Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear valued customer,

Thanks for your comments after your stay in PinkCoco. We have not placed coffee or tea making facilities in all the rooms but we plan to do so soon.

In regards to the bathroom amenities we have kept the items at a minimum with just soap and gel/shampoo in order to control expenses and therefore keep the rates more affordable. Bearing in mind that we only have 12 rooms in the hotel, once we include amenities, that not everyone needs, the rate will need to be adjusted thus, we feel would be better not having them as most of people travel with their own amenities.

Nevertheless we will ask our Manager to have some amenities ready in case of request and to plan having them in the sea view rooms. It is correct that the hotels features two type of rooms, some with AC and other with fans which normally is good enough for many people which they prefer to pay a lower rate.

For next year we will open the new adult rooms, a new pool , a Spa and a new Café. We want to keep the hotel with low number of rooms so that everyone feels special.

Thanks again for your comments and listening to our guests is the only way we have to try to get things better.

Stay cool, no rules

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed at the Pink Coco for three nights - the rooms were very clean with nice flooring, shelves to store your items, really nice open air bathroom and nice structural touches throughout. However, the pink color theme was a bit much for us. The rooms do not have coffee, tea, electric kettle, shampoo, lotion or any of the other amenities you would expect for the price. Tea in the adjacent restaurant is $3 USD per cup and we could not get a decent (overpriced) cocktail at the restaurant.

We thought we had reserved into a room with air conditioning but our room only had a fan and it was uncomfortably hot. We were able to get AC for one night for an additional IDR 350,000 and that room was much larger with a television and beautiful sunset views.

You can walk to Padang Padang beach, a few restaurants and shops easily from the Pink Coca. However, to really get around you'll need to rent a motor scooter. We rented some from the shop next door and had an absolute blast checking out all the beaches around S. Bali.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room with air conditioning, they are much nicer than the ground level rooms with a f...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenjolene

Dear valued customer,

Nevertheless we will ask our Manager to have some amenities ready in case of request and to plan having them in the sea view rooms. It iss correct that the hotels features two type of rooms, some with AC and other with fans which normally is good enough for many people which they prefer to pay a lower rate.

Stay cool, no rules

Reviewed October 23, 2011

This place is really nice. It was the most expensive place we stayed on the trip and it was about $50 USD/night.

The wifi was terrible! off and on all the time. Otherwise this is a good place. Really good pizza in the restaurant.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smm11_11
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I am so glad that I come back again to Pink Coco Bali. It's a WOW when my sister and friend first arrived at Pink Coco Bali, a warm welcome from the friendly staff and very very special thanks to Jojo, Hotel Manager. He gave me very good advise, useful information about Bali, arranged our day trips and was very helpful about everything we asked for. We had a wonderful time since the first minute we arrived until the last moment.

The food at Trattoria made us so happy as always. And also there is various kind of wine to choose from. Juices are very fresh. Good food, great wine, happy and friendly staff, nice music and comfy atmosphere, what else should I ask for more?
I do love the shower in the room. Feel like taking a shower in the forest with water fall. The decoration in the room, bath room and balcony are simple but thoughtful, practical and very stylish. It’s a great combination design. I love the color, the view and the atmosphere of the hotel.

The swimming pool is very nice. I enjoyed morning swim so much and the hotel is just 5 minutes to Padang Padang beach, which is very good for surfing. This is a great hotel and highly recommended, wonderful for a getaway.

Will definitely go back again with my girl gang in November 2011. Can’t wait!!!

Bali lover <3

1  Thank PimjaiD
Reviewed September 27, 2011

the place was perfect for what i wanted. the rooms were clean and have nice swimming pool. i loved it and I'll be back. I would highly recommend the Pink Coco to anyone who is going to Bali.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eneliz
surferbali, Owner at PinkCoco Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience of Pink Coco Bali. I am thrilled we made a great impression.

We look forward to welcome you back and creating more happiness when you return to Pink Coco Bali.

Stay Cool, No Rules,

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I booked a 3 night stay at the Pink Coco, and pre-paid for my stay. I showed up at the hotel around 18:30 and there was no one on-site. I asked an employee of the adjacent restaurant if they knew where the staff was, and they said the hotel office was closed. I eventually found a security guard who called the hotel manager for me. After waiting about 45 minutes, the hotel manager arrived. The manager told me that the hotel was full. I showed her my booking page from Agoda, and that I already reserved and paid for the room. She smiled and said "sorry we're full". She called the rat-hole hostel next door and arranged for me to stay there. I didn't have the energy or a phone to go elsewhere, so I lugged my bags next store and stayed in a dirty, loud room that was nothing like what I had payed for. Upon arriving home from Bali, I contacted Agoda to see if they would refund one night of my 3 night stay, and they have done nothing. So, be wary of pre-paying and having a reservation, it doesn't mean you will have a room. Also, you better check in while someone is sitting in their office, or you may not get in at all. There are plenty of great options for Bali, and I will never try and stay here again.

Room Tip: Reservations mean nothing to this hotel.
5  Thank kc_monk
surferbali, Owner at PinkCoco Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Guests,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the incident during your stay. Please allow me to clarify with the fact that I have at this time.

Pink Coco Bali guests always in advance the booking made through Agoda. In this case was no booking made and we did not receive any email or information. We have reported to Agoda the incident and we are waiting for the clarification from their end.

Pink Coco Bali was full that day and it was impossible to allocate you in the hotel, but our staff paid for the room where you stayed that night, and the following day you checked in at Pink Coco Bali. Once we get a reply from Agoda, we will place further information on this website, unless you would like to get in touch directly with me. My private email is ayuwapa@hotmail.com

I really apologize, but please understand this problem was not caused by our side and our staff solved the problem the best way they could. Agoda is a very good business partner for Pink Coco Bali and this is the first time an incident like this has happened.

Hopefully, there will be another chance to welcome you back to Pink Coco Bali, and we will give you a complimentary 2 nights stay for this inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Hotel is incredibly nice, clean, cool, and beautiful! The localization is very good, close to a gorgeaus small beach with clear water and beautiful people!
The staff is so friendly, always relaxed but still responsible, which in my opinion is a perfect combination :)
Have to make a remark to the shower, stylish, rustic... loved it!
Great place to stay if you are looking for good environment with comfort and good time! Besides that the Restaurant could not be more great, delicious italian food, fresh salads, always with a perfect touch in the presentation, and very important, great music ;)
You go there and you will see what I am talking about...Strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: ground floor rooms have very comfy sofas on the balcony, and are next to the swimming pool
1  Thank Filipa P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
#7 of 67 in Pecatu
Sal Secret Spot
Sal Secret Spot
#7 of 9 in Uluwatu

Been to PinkCoco Bali? Share your experiences!