“Perfect, beautiful, excellent! 👍👍👍👍👍” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The edge

and 1 more site!
The edge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
“Perfect, beautiful, excellent! 👍👍👍👍👍”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

First of all, we would
Like to say our heartfelt gratitude to our personal butlers, Ian & Panda for their excellent service. The moment we stepped into our villa, we were captivated by the marvellous view of the Indian ocean. The villa was spacious. In the villa everything is top notch, almost everything was provided. Spa was great, delicious food and ambience is peaceful n quiet. Great for honeymooners!
The indonesian sambal was so sumptious. I personally ask ian for it when we had our breakfast and knowing that i love eating it with keropok, he brought it together with the sambal. So thoughtful of him!
We left our wet laundry at the suntan chair and having to see this, the butler hanged it properly on hangers.
We love everything about the Edge and we already missing the place. Hope to come back again!
Thank you once again! Keep up the good service!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Zackin,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and am proud that our team took such good care of you! I look forward to welcoming you back to The edge soon.

Best wishes from the island of the Gods.

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in The Edge for 5 days with my family. Every minute proved to be memorable moment. It took half an hour to get to the villa from airport when traffic was good. The villas stand on the cliff up from the sea, providing magnificent sea view. The house was so spacious that my little boy felt excited to crawl around all day. Moreover, the private swimming pool was very convenient for baby to swim in.
The Butlers—Ian and Wing provided perfect service anytime you needed. They made good recommendations about the sight spots and good restaurants, drove us around and took care of the baby. My baby loved them much and enjoyed playing with them. I believe he is still missing them now. It is no exaggeration to say that we considered them as family members during the stay. It was really hard to say goodbye to them.
It was definitely breath-taking experience to have lunch at the bar, watching the vast, endless ocean and the froth of waves incessantly lapping against the rocks. The SPA and work-out rooms were also providing 180-degree sea view and total relaxation.
Finally, thank you Thomas for your gifts! We look forward to meeting you again in The Edge.
It is a perfect boutique that I will strongly recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: It is a good idea to have a afternoon drink in the private swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hi Wenjun986.

Thank you for staying with us here at The edge, I am glad you had the chance to appreciate the views and make use of our facilities. Most of all I am thrilled to hear that Wing and Ian took good care of you and especially your son. It would be wonderful to have you back and to be able to entertain your friends and family.

Best regards,

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at The Edge Bali this October for just 2nights since my vacation dates were limited.
I didn't expect much of Bali before departure since this actually was my second time visiting Bali.

I went to Bali 2 years ago and stayed in W hotel back then and whole trip was disappointing and even W hotel was a total disaster that I had to throw serious complaints and had regrets for choosing Bali for my vacation.

So, I didn't expect so much this time either. I picked couple of other resorts to stay in but I somehow was drawn to The Edge and I was also curious of this resort since it was so hard to find reviews of this property. I just wanted to try somewhere new, not very well known.

After staying at The Edge Bali, all I can think of is going back there again. I travel a lot and been to so many high-end resorts but none were satisfying as The Edge. I've been impressed by beautiful architectures or interiors of the resorts, I've been impressed by beautiful view from the resort etc... But The Edge was just the only resort that fulfiled all my needs and wants.

I stayed in The Mood (2 bedroom villa). Villa itself is flawless and all the furnitures and interiors just made me wordless. It was just perfect, well maintained and luxury. Moreover, pool in villa was larger than I expected. Usually pools in pool villas are quite small that you cannot really swim in there. But private pool in The Edge was large enough to actually swim. The view from 2bedroom villa is good but it might be a bit disappointing if you compare the view of cliff seen from 1/3/5bedroom villa. 2 bedroom villa don't have the best view of the ocean since you can partially see the ocean. If you are the person who considers 'view' most important pls choose 1/3/5 bedroom villa instead of 2 bedroom villa.

Apart from its beautiful architecture, cliff ocean view, butler service is the one thing that puts this resort uncomparable from other resorts. You get 2 butlers assigned to your villa and they are there 24hrs to fulfill your needs and repond quickly upon your request. And I was actually moved by their services since they even took care of things before I even asked them to. They knew what I needed before I even requested them. Never had this kind of butler service anywhere before. For example, I had hung wet swim suits on the chair to dry them, but butlers saw this and they brought hangers and put them on terrace where sun was up. Also, I had floaters to use in the swimming pool. Our butler deflated them upon check-out time and folded them neatly so I can pack my bags quicker. There are so much more that I can go on with praising but you get the idea how butlers are carefully looking out for their guests. Butler service definitely made my stay in Bali unforgettable. Hope more hotels learn from The Edge.

But there was one thing that I was a bit disappointed with. They are currently expanding the resort and there is construction going on at the site. however, I wasn't notified of this ealier and was a bit flustered when I saw construction and all the noise when I arrived the resort. Wish they had given me heads up regarding construction, but all other services from the resort was enough to make up for a little noise from construction.

I am definitely going back to this resort. Hopefully by the time the construction is all finished. if anyone is looking for a perfect paradise in Bali, The Edge would be the perfect choice for you.

Room Tip: Uluwatu cliff ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pinkberry6
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Pinkberry6, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am proud of the team and the fact that they were able to exceed your expectations in many ways, I will make sure to forward your praise. We pride ourselves for our service here at The edge, and so it gives me great satisfaction to hear that it is the best that you have ever experienced.
My apologies for the unwelcome surprise of the noise from the project next door. We have made an effort to communicate this fact to all of our guests and I am very sorry that we seem to have failed to do so in this instance. We will make it up to you on your next visit and look forward to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We held our wedding here in August 2013, and I simply could not be more grateful for everything The Edge have done for us - my husband and I work long hours but organizing the wedding was just so easy! I sent a handful of emails and everything else was perfectly handled and organised by the team at The Edge. They were on top of it all, even prompting me about things I'd not yet considered organizing for the wedding. The staff are even more beautiful in person - Thomas Weber, Melida Weber, Ade Mariani, Agus Patra, Giles, Yuli, Suka, Aly and all the other staff were always so friendly, attentive, and accommodating, they left nothing to be desired. Each and every one of our 100+ guests only had rave reviews about The Edge. Don't even get me started on the spectacular resort, villas, and clifftop view overlooking the vast Indian Ocean! Just stunning. No matter where you are in the resort, there is something to marvel at. The Edge is the ultimate in tranquil, luxurious and relaxing accommodation that will always have special memories attached to it now. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Sharon S,

Thank you for all the praise and your wonderful review! I will make sure to forward your feedback to the team. We are absolutely delighted that we were able to fulfill your desires with regards to the wedding. We wish you all the best for the future and hope to see you again.

Best wishes.

Zürich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

As i stay in this villa i was very glad to see on the reception one certificate
that the owners use constant a special-deepcleaningservice from a
swiss-company by the matresses/sofas/chairs and carpets conter the mitesdust!For me as a
allergic person was very comfortable to stay in this place and sleep in this clean bed.
Thanks a lot to the managment for this extra-invest for more protection
for healthy of your guests!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roger M
Dear Roger M,

I am glad that you were able to get some well deserved rest during your stay with us. We understand the importance of doing allergy treatments of our mattresses on a regular basis and appreciate that you understand the importance of doing so. I hope that you had a wonderful time with us and hope to see you back in the not too distant future.

With warm regards,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Edge was picked due to its exclusivity and good reviews and it lived truly up to them. We wanted to spend 3D2N somewhere near Singapore, just to recharge from our hectic schedules from work and family commitments. The service was top-notch, from the point where I wrote in to enquire about booking the one bedroom villa to the point they sent us off at the airport. The hotel was professional enough to alert me that there was construction going on next door (they are expanding) and there was to be a wedding the day after our last day at the hotel, hence they wouldn't be able to provide late checkout as requested as they need the villa for setting up.

Hence, we shifted our booking a day earlier and truly had a great time hanging out at the property until 4pm on our last day. Views were breath-taking, you can't see any of the neighboring villas and there were lots of greenery and landscaping around. Our butlers, Adi and Wing, were helpful and knowledgable. Wing drove us out on two evenings for dinner and counter-advised on departure timings to avoid the traffic jams and ensuring we will arrive early enough at the temple to buy the show tickets as they get sold out quickly.

Food was great, has wide variety and great presentation. For the price you pay, you get exclusivity and peace because we literally had breakfast (for me) and lunch for my hubby (slept in till 12pm) at one seating. Adi and Wing did checks to see when my hubby's share of breakfast should be served and offered to postpone our spa treatments until he has settled his breakfast.

Hence I feel that the team at The Edge is well trained enough and is able to manage guests' expectations to make their stay a very pleasant one. We enjoyed the tour around the property, and the comfortable bed, Apple TV, yoga DVDs (as requested) and the massive toilet with top notch amenities. Spa services were good as well.

The only small complaint we had was we didn't feel there was sufficient privacy at the one bedroom villa, as there are 3 entry points of which two do not have doors. One was the stairway coming down from the 3 bedroom villa, other was a passage way from the spa below and a wooden door which was our main entrance.

There are monkeys roaming around and one entered our room on the last day. Maybe it saw the birthday cake the staff has prepared for me. No harm but just watch out for them and I think the treatment (as observed) was to take an umbrella and run after it.

Overall, we loved and are missing The Edge. Also want to mention that the VIP treatment at the airport immigration was a nice touch and hopefully this will maintain when the new airport opens. Made arriving and departing such a breeze. Thank you, to Thomas, Samsul, Adi, Wing and team for a great stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melida W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Bluelizabelle, thank you very much for your praise and your feedback, I'm glad we lived up to your expectations and that the team accommodated your every request. Point taken with regards to the three entry points to the villa, that is something that we will take a look at to see if it can be controlled or reduced altogether. In terms of the monkeys, not an easy fix but we are doing our best to negotiate peaceful terms with them so that they leave our guests alone! We also hope to be able to continue to offer the VIP service upon arrival and departure at the airport. Please come back soon to recharge!!!! Enjoy the long weekend.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have just returned from an amazing 3 nights at The Edge. Stayed at the Villa and every aspect of my stay went beyond expecation. Melida, the General Manager and her team, especially our two butlers, Ngakan and Agung could not do enough to accommodate us, taking us to the best locations from secluded beaches, Balinese cultural fire dances to fresh seafood dinners on the beach.

We took the option of having the chef, Damian cook for us on the first night and we dined outside at our Villa, amazing food and experience. The accommodation, views and additional treats such as fresh fruits, afternoon tea daily speak for themselves.

What impressed me the most though is that they recognised that we were not the type of guests who liked to be referred to by title and prefer a more down to earth approach, they noted and adapted to this very quickly and it made for a very fun and warm exchange with all the team during our time there. There are too many good things to stay but all I can say, if you go to Bali and want the "wow" factor.. The Edge is the place for you

Room Tip: Try the floating breakfast in the pool one morning! Something different and a fun way to start the d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melida W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Ciaran,

Thank you so much for all your praise, especially for the team and how you were treated here, much appreciated. I have recently joined the team, having replaced Melida and hope to be able to welcome you here at The edge on your next visit to Bali. Once we have completed the second stage of our expansion mid 2014, we will have even more to offer you.

With warm regards,

Thomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Alila Villas Uluwatu
The St. Regis Bali Resort
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 7 in Uluwatu

Been to The edge? Share your experiences!