“Bali Surf Holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pecatu
Rapture Surfcamp Bali
Ranked #1 of 67 Specialty Lodging in Pecatu
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at the rapture surf camp for four weeks in March 2014. I had a great time from start to finish. I was picked up from the airport as arranged although you need to look hard to find the transfer driver, there are hundreds of them waiting outside. The camp was well looked after and the staff were great. You get your breakfast and evening meals in with your accommodation and the breakfast is awesome. Personally I thought the peanut butter and banana pancakes were the best. The evening meals were good too and they severed a good variety of meals overs the days. Everyone sits together at the camp and its very friendly and sociable. On Saturday night everyone gets together for the BBQ and a few to many Bintangs which was always a good night. The surf instructors knew their stuff and helped me massively. I went from a huge foam board to a 6'2 shortboard by the time I left. I bought a surf board while I was there and one of the instructors took me into Kuta to get it which was pretty cool. It is also worth hiring a motorbike while your there as this will give you a lot more freedom. The camp do provide bikes but these are first come first serve so you have to be quick. All in all I had a great time there and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: They have rooms to suit every price range.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Every stay at rapture is just like a relief, the very moment you arrive at the camp. It's the whole spirit of the camp with all the people there and it's lovingly arranged bungalows, dorms and private sheds, pretty gardens, chillout areas and laid-back pool area.
Peeps visiting the camp are all chilled-out, open minded, surfers of all levels, loads of travellers, average in their mid twenties till early thirties and if you are the same, Rapture is the best place ever to make friends all around the world.
Staff is very friendly and always helpful even with unexspected problems:
Josh (owner) is funny to hang with and joking around most time you see him at the camp, organizing sth. or just hang around & Maggies "Manginis" bikinis are always worth to look at, so girls, even if you need a surf leggins (watch out the balinese sun while surfing not to get burned) she might have sth. for you.
Sunny, for me the "good soul" of the kitchen and excellent chef, might prepare you vegan food if needed and she is the best when it comes to sore mussles- keep that in mind and try to get one of her massages (only one per day!).
When it comes to surf, there is three surfguides who 'll teach you: Dickie, crazy dude, very lively, good surfer, explains a lot in a very understandable way (if you get his very aussie accent) and knows what he 's talking about. Kadek, for me most fun in the water, just like "daddy", sometimes washed out right next to you but always aware of the situation (saved my friend Kylie on the reeve). Andy, more holding back, but very best teacher if you keep on asking him/ find a way to make him correct everything you do wrong in the water. If ur then lucky or if you are already an advanced surfer, Lewis (photohgrapher) might get a perfect shot of your surfing skills (thx Lewis by the way) or any other "remarkable activity" :).
Then there is a bunge of boys working at the camp, drop you to the surf spots or to Uluwatu for sunset (very recommendable), fix your dings, join you for dinner or drinks or are just there to chillax with. Plus all of them are good party fellows if you want to go to one of the locations close to the camp or even Kuta, you should make them join you.
Waves on Bali suit surfers of all levels. Depending on your level, the surfguides take you to the perfect spot to improove your skills. Beaches are very beautiful, so even if you aren't a surfer at all, you will be able to get some tan by lying on the beach watching the waves, the surfers and the ocean.
All in all Rapture is one of my favourite places to travel to, the very balance between surf and relax with beautiful people in a beautiful surrounding and everything but narrow-mided or stiff. So if you feel like you need a break or just wanna surf, go, run and get the next flight to Bali - you definitly won't regret and might have the time of your life!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bacouh
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been around indo a lot in the last 10 years, seen most of the surfing islands but I have seen no camp where I felt more welcomed and comfortable living the lame surfing life.
If I go to Bali there is no other place where I would rather go. Josh and Maggie as well as the team managing the camp make everybody have a great surftrip and try to help you with everything. It's good for beginners but also for more experienced surfers since their are always 2 groups hitting the waves. Even after all the years in Indo and Bali they have shown me some sports I would never found without them. The accommodation is way better than the usual in Indo and it depends on how much money you want to spend.
Rooms: All rooms and toilets are clean most of the rooms are dorms but if you want to you can go in a villa by your self.
Food: Is great breakfast and dinner is included only lunch is extra. But since you will be at the beach you don't need that anyway. Breakfast is western style and dinner depends but is mostly Asien and Italian style and of course barbecue Saturdays mmm. For me it was great!
Boards: they have all kinds of boards but if you are looking for a board to by in Bali they'll be happy to help you find the proper one for you. Just ask they try to help with everything!!
Anyway if you are looking for a camp which is like a big family you'll be just right there and maybe we meet each other in the lineup.
Ciao and Cheers from Germany
Julian

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Julian O
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This Camp is one of the best camps you can find if you prefere to go more surfing than partying.
When I first arrived (I just wrote an email because I deceided last minute to go there and they made it happen) everybody came and introduced themselves to me and were super friendly!!!
The rooms are nice and clean! the pool is very refreshing after you had an exhausting day at the beach. Service is 24-7! which makes everything a lot easier. The food is awesome! everything which is made by the local staff was just perfect. the BBQ is great. I was travelling alone and I was looking for a nice quiet spot to surf a lot and combine it wich relaxing and sometime making party.
It is a very nice quiet area around the camp. you will have full service to the beach with the old traditional surfer VW. you also can rent a scooter. there is a lot sight seeing around. If you are looking for a nice place to surf and have fun with great people it will be the best time you can imagine!
I am really sad that I couldn't go in 2014.

Room Tip: singles are nice and quiet with own bathroom. double bed rooms and more bed dorm are more fun for e...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Great review from a good person thanks mate appreciate it keep in contact and see you soon

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at rapture surf camp for two weeks in July and honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Having never been to Bali before I opted to go the full package, starting with the airport pickup. This proved to be a wise move as I guess in most South East Asian countries the local Taxi drivers are on your case as soon as your outside the terminal. Instead I had my own driver waiting for me with a 'Rapture Surf Camp Bali' sign and a big smile. Perfect!

Arriving to Rapture I was happy to see a large private wall and security at the front gate, no chance of anything going missing. It was a short walk from the beach but I expected that judging by its location on the map.

I arrived at 11 00am and was informed I just missed the complimentary breakfast, no biggie as the lovely kitchen staff were willing to cook me up something and mark it down so I could pay later. Dinner was also complimentary and the combination of vegetarian and non vegetarian meals caters for everyone. Josh (the owner) met me with a handshake and gave me a walk around the camp and a rundown of how things work, and I was very surprised at how lush the place was!

I opted to surf with the intermediate group and was very surprised when I heard they would be back in half an hour to take me surfing with them. Sick! Thought I may have missed the boat. Having not been to Bali before we had a quick discussion on my level and what waves would be suitable for me, then off we went for a surf. Two sessions a day end up being the norm for my entire stay, wow were my arms tired by then! Not too mention drinking beers after a surf overlooking Uluwatu and watching epic sunsets. Without Raptures knowledge of the surf in Bali (which I now know is very subject to wind and tide) there's no way I would have known where I was going.

As a conclusion if your are heading to Bali for the first time or even if you have been before, you need to stay at Rapture. Their knowledge of the area really is second to none, there local and western staff are all very friendly and love having a joke and a laugh and are more than willing to help you out anyway they can! Josh and his wife Maggie mingle with the guests which is great too see and a testament to them that they really want to pleases their guests snd improve their service where they can. Sickest holiday ever!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write this review it all helps take care and i hope to see you soon

Reviewed July 1, 2014

After reading the last bad reviews about the camp I do feel I have also have to review my trip to Rapture Camp Bali as I had a great time.

First I have to say I was a total beginner when I went to Bali, I have never surfed before in my life.

As I wanted to surf I read about the sport so that I would not be to unprepared when I start. You have to make yourself clear that surfing is a dangerous sport in the ocean, you have to be in really good physical shape and be an excellent swimmer, if you expect you will be able to surf like in all the videos on youtube in a week or two you will be disappointed as it will probably not happen.

On my day of arrival I took a taxi from the airport, but in my previous contact with the camp they offered a pickup at the airport, but my plane was really late so I had to change my plan.

When I got to the camp a really polite guard said hello and showed me the way to the other staff. During that Time there were a guy from Norway, "Roger", an English surfing guide named "Enda" and three balinese Guides, Andy, Kadek and Dicky. Also there were the owner Josh and his wife and a couple of nice dogs.
The Location looked really clean compared to the rest of Bali. I was show to my room(shared with 3 other people) with AC, simple, clean, everything you need for sleeping and relaxing.
At dinner I got to meet all the other people who got back from surfing. It was easy to connect with other people, everybody was laid back and relaxed. After Dinner Dicky asked me if I was a beginner, he explained me when to meet in the morning and showed me where to get a surfboard and which one would suit me( big guy, 6´5", belly, 37y old). Also he offered to buy some reefies(surf shoes) because there are always some rocks in the water.
The next morning we went to Padang Padang and first did some exercises on the beach. Dicky explained the terms and where to paddle in the water, also where the water comes to the beach and how it leaves through a channel.
I had a hard time and was struggling as I had to realize how hard surfing is. All three guides where in the water and tried to help everybody(a group of 8 beginners) to catch the right waves. After 30min I was so tired I could not paddle anymore. The guides came up to me and pulled/pushed me away from any dangerous rocks, they took care of anybody in the water, and believe me, everybody had their problems. I never felt lost but the first day showed me to have respect for the power of the waves. But its a risky sport in the open ocean and you have to be fit and healthy.

Every morning the guides checked for the swell and where to take the beginners, at night the group had theoretical lessons. It´s a little difficult to understand the guides at first but even though my english is not the best I could understand them, but this is Bali Surf Camp and not a English learning camp. They took us to different beaches including Kuta, Balangan, and more, some with sand and some with reef, but they always told where to go and what to watch out for.

The food in the camp was good but could be a little more variable, but you could always ask for a second or third plate. BEST TUNA BAR-B-Q!!!!! once a week. Also you have the choice to leave for dinner and get good food around the corner really cheap.
I stayed in the camp for 2 weeks, I never had such a relaxing trip of my life. The owner was honest with the things he said and took care of the any problems that occured during that time.
If you want typical five star hotel please don´t go there. If you want to experience authentic surf feeling, clean rooms, cool locations, the best surf spots and a laid back surrounding this is the place to go. I still cannot surf but will sure come back another time to try again with these guys.

And for sure have a Bintang beer at Uluwatu at sunset, never to forget..... :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank East57th

Thanks mate loved it much appreciated

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was my first time in Bali and the Rapture was a good choice.
The staff is helpfull and nice.
The room was clean.
The camp is at 10 min driving from almost every spots in the Bukit.
I had a really great time here.
A Special thx to Mitch.

• Stayed: May 2014
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Thanks for this great to mention mitch hes a great guy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Le Grande Bali
De Sapphire Cliff Villa
Bombora Surf Camp
Bombora Surf Camp
#17 of 67 in Pecatu

Been to Rapture Surfcamp Bali? Share your experiences!