“Beyond amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pecatu
Rapture Surfcamp Bali
Ranked #2 of 69 Specialty Lodging in Pecatu
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I came across this camp after a quick google search for 'best surf camps Bali', and I wasn't disappointed. Whilst it isn't cheap on a student budget, my 10 day stay was 100% worth the money. The camp itself is beautiful, the staff super friendly and the provided food is great! There's a real family atmosphere, meaning that I felt immediately at home, despite travelling solo for the first time.
The thing that stood out most of all, however, was the quality of the surf guiding and lessons. I've had some seriously borderline surf lessons in the past, however these guys were great, coming into the water and providing feedback after each wave. Even better was the fact that lessons weren't given just for the sake of it- I was encouraged to just go with the included free guiding after a few days, saving me a considerable amount of money! The instructors were knowledgable about the best break, meaning I got to surf some really incredible secret spots, along with tailoring groups to ability, not taking people to places beyond their skills, but still challenging you if you wanted. I was beyond impressed! This is definitely a place that I'm gonna come back to!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachaelb363
Rapturesurfcampbali, Manager at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks for all your kind words and informations on our camp it always helps for others to hear the real experience first hand. Take care and keep up your surfing

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Guys, I was thinking of doing a 2 week stay. The goal is to learn to surf.
I am a total begginer.
I just wanted to know if the classes are good? did it work for you guys? etc...
Is 2 weeks a good period? Has anybody also done Yoga over there?

Thanks

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pablo B
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had an awesome time at Rapture camp in Bali. From the minute i arrived i felt like i had been invited in to someones home and made to feel part of the family. Josh and Maggie were amazing at making everyone feel welcome, Lily and Sani in the kitchen always had the biggest smiles, Dicki, Kadek, Dedek and Andy were all great instructors and guides, exactly what i needed as a novice. They set the scene and everyone else staying there were brought to the same vibe. In 20 years of traveling Asia I haven't stayed in such a friendly place, ever. What separates this from other camps, other than the above, is the variety of beaches that you get to visit as well as how clean and well maintained the facilities are. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

To me Rapture camp is like a 2nd home. I have been here in June for a week and had such a good time that I came back in September for 3 weeks.
The place has a very lush and beautiful garden and the rooms are very nice and clean. Even the most inexpensive room is very cozy. It has everything to make your holiday complete. After surfing 2x a day it is great to come back to the camp and jump in the pool and have a famous chicken burger for lunch.

The surf instructor and guides are great and fun! They make it easy for you to learn surfing. The teaching is very clear and they make sure you follow the rules in the water, to prepare you when you go out by yourself one day. There is no pressure, everyone learns on his or her own tempo, that’s what I like about it.
Every one that works at the camp is very friendly and it doesn’t take a long time to feel at home and make new friends.

I had so much fun hanging with Josh and Maggie, the owners of the camp. Maggie makes the best bikinis! Good for surfing, but also for your figure!

Besides all the surfing it was so much fun hanging out with the whole crew and other guests. I always have the best time and don’t want to go home! So much fun that I’ll be back in April again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been in this camp just for a week but that was defenetly way too short! Great people around and nice friendly staff!!! Surf was every day!! This camp is the best I've ever been!! And I have seen a lot all over the world!!
The rooms are nice and clean! You've got all what you need! AC/Fan etc...
Most of the time you'll spend with all the others at the bar, beach, surf, sunset watching at single fin or what ever you like to! The Pool is great for get tanned and having an icy cold beer! It very quiet and you can book the camp driver or hire a scooter at the camp!!!

So it is the best for you if you want to have a nice atmosphere good people around and going for a good surf!!!

But there is one thing you should know about the camp:
it's all about surfing and having just couple of beers at knight! it is not a party hostel!!

so just enjoy your stay at this camp!
I'll go there every year as much as I can from now on!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Rapture Surf Camp is a very well-laid-out owner-run establishment in Bingin. I am a non-surfer, but was made to feel very comfortable by Josh, his wife and their team. Josh is able to arrange a driver to various places in Bali including Ubud at very short notice. The breakfasts are delicious, and we didn't wait long for our made-to-order choice. Having stayed at other surf camps (boyfriend is avid surfer), I can say that this is the first where I saw everyone really interact, and make genuine friendships. I would recommend this camp to anyone who wants to try the Bali waves!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hey Tracey i would like to thank you for your kind words and loved having you both in the camp. You both fit in well in the camp wish you could have stayed longer. The hardest part of running a camp is meeting good people as they always leave. Keep up the diving and bring lee back sometime soon. Thanks

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I loved Bali more than any place I've ever travelled and the camp made it that much better.
Mellow, comfortable, friendly and close to fun waves.

The instructors were great and the 'behind the scenes staff' were fantastic too! So friendly!

We stayed in the Villa which I could easily live in for ever :)

We also bought surf-bikinis from Maginis Bikinis and it's still my favourite pair!

To be very honest, Josh wasn't as friendly as I'd imagine someone running a gorgeous surf camp in an exquisite part of the world would be BUT everybody has their own things to deal with and I respect that it may have been a bad 2 weeks for him.

Thank you to everyone who made it a holiday of a lifetime!

PS DO NOT MISS a night at Single Fin!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Wan-der-lust910520

Hey Im glad you had a great time here im sorry if i wasnt as friendly as i should be but its not easy running a camp fulltime especially living there aswell i try to keep in the background low profile. Its been a hard Month September after peak season and all and also having new staff but i will have a new manager to run the camp from the end of October as its to much after 12 years living in a camp so im sure next time we see you hopefully ill be more full of energy and Friendly. I guess its like anything if you do to much of it, it becomes difficult in the long run. Thanks for you kind words and we hope to see you sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
The Rich Prada Hotel Bali
#8 of 160 in Canggu
Bombora Surf Camp
Bombora Surf Camp
#16 of 69 in Pecatu

Been to Rapture Surfcamp Bali? Share your experiences!