Padang Padang Surf Camp
$32
$24
Agoda.com
Le Grande Bali(Pecatu)(Great Value!)
$41
Ayu Guna Inn(Pecatu)
$15
$12
Agoda.com
U Sameera Pecatu Bali(Pecatu)(Great Value!)
$55
All reviewsbreakfast and lunchsurf camptoro toropadang padangthese guysother guestsadvanced grouptight shiprash vestguides instructorsskill levelcatching wavesgreat group of peopleawesome tripbanana pancakeskeep coming backpandan
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had a week here mid March. The atmosphere is very cool. The camp was small enough that all the guests knew everyone else by first name, at the same time if you wanted some alone time the accommodation allowed you to imagine you were the only visitors. The guides assessed my competency pretty quick & as an intermediate surfer I was surfing fun to challenging waves every day. Hosts Ina, & Andrew made us feel like part of their extended family - thankyou ! My non surfing wife accompanied us on a couple of surf sessions, but when she didn't the relaxing time she had around the pool was bliss. If you are serious about surfing in Bali these guys will put you on waves when others are still recovering from a big night out. I surfed a few breaks at early morning & there was only 3 of us sharing quality consistent waves. I really appreciated the tuition I received from the excellent guides, Monot & Made. I didn't get to surf with the other guides but from all accounts they made other guests feel confident and got them standing up & surfing. I was impressed by their emphasis on safety .....& fun!
Water coolers in each room is perfect. Our bed was soooo comfy. The meals were freshly prepared, tasty & filling. Fresh fruit salad Yummmmmmm
Massage & beauty therapy on call was good quality & excellent value.
Booking was easy & great communication.
We are going back & next time my wife wants a surfing lesson from Koyok!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewMichelle2014
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very nice little place on the Bukit peninsula. Confortable beds, excellent for relaxing after a surf with yoga and massage available. Hammocks and a pool and tennis court too! The staff were really friendly and looked after us. The beaches are fantastic and there was agood selection of surfboards. I really enjoyed my stay and would be happy to go back as a solo surfer, as a couple or as a group of friends. If you're looking for a chilled out surf camp in Bali then I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else unless this place is full.

Thanks for a great time guys!

Room Tip: Fans and aircon rooms available. Rooms have mosquito nets too so windows can be openned on a night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A great spot. The staff and owners were all very friendly and I definitely plan to go back.
As everyone else has mentioned: great guides/instructors, good food, great surroundings and an ideal place to meet other surfers of all standards.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Reason for coming to Bali was to surf and this place was perfect. Accommodation, location and staff were excellent. The grounds feel like an expensive hotel. The pool area is awesome. The staff were friendly and had a lot of fun with them. Breakfast and lunch was hotel quality food. I didn't do the surf lessons but the instructors gave me good advice and a few hints and tips. I met some other surfers who were all at different levels of ability. It's a really good atmosphere in the camp. The photo review also helps as seeing yourself on the board is great for development. The surf breaks were well chosen (and there's a lot to choose from nearby). I would definitely recommend this surf camp, so much so that I'm returning in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent 5 days with this crew and as a complete beginner I was nervous to start a surf camp, but thankfully, it couldn't have gone better. The meat of it, the surfing, was awesome. I felt like each guide actually gave a schiza (can't use profanity in a review gdamnit) if I did well. They continually gave me confidence and put me in the right spot. If you come with a good attitude and prepare to learn something new, then you will learn quickly. Surfing is hard though, so if your attitude sucks then you will suck and you will probably try to blame this camp, but it's not the camp. They do an awesome job, so show up, smile a lot even when it's difficult, and you will have an amazing experience. The folks that run it honestly care to see you excel and that is felt with every guide and every review.

Surfing aside, the facilities are 5-star. The grounds are gorgeous and the food is as good as anywhere in SE Asia (where I have traveled a lot). Each meal was well rounded and did not leave me wanting.

I enjoyed my time there so much that I've rearranged my trip to come back for a month. I am a tough sell too, so all in all they did a great job and I applaud them.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo