Set in a meticulously manicured garden, set back from the main road, this property offers a visibly beautiful exterior. I visited with my husband and stayed in an un air conditioned bungalow. These are very clean but basic bungalows. Air condition is not a necessity, the room is reasonably cool and has a fan. The communal arrangement of the bungalows and dining and pool area was really comfortable and accessible, with ample sun lounges and hammocks for all guests.
Being a first time visitor and beginner in the realms of surfing, I found the surf instructors excellent in their approach and teaching abilities. I felt safe and accounted for on every surf session. I can highly recommend Koyok as a more than capable instructor who's personality and warmth was a pleasure every day.
I did however feel a little lost and uninformed at the camp. It was mostly a case of follow the leader with the other guests, and find your own way. After a day the management issues you a verbal do's and don'ts list, military style and enter 'school camp' arrangement.
Scheduled and portioned eating isn't my idea of holiday freedom, but the food was okay and water accessibility great.
The feeling of 'not sure' was a burden on my part, and being berated by a child for using a cushion in the wrong area was a little demeaning and uncomfortable.
Room tip, if you value a sleep in on occasion as most of the morning sessions are before 6am, don't book a downstairs bungalow. The adjoining stairs to the above rooms are exceptionally noisy! Also there are no refrigerator in your room, and the management do not offer a room key. There is however house security, and a safe in your room.
Massage can be ordered in house and yoga classes organized by booking.
All in all, a little too structured and 'school camp' like for my free spirit, and a little too many rules for ultimate relaxation.
Reading previous reviews I would expect management to disagree with everything I write. :))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Padang Padang Surf Camp offers quality accommodation near some of the best surfing breaks in the world. Surf guiding for advanced surfers and surf lessons for beginners. We cater for all levels of surfers and offer full services including airport transfers, meals, accommodation, surf lessons, board rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Padang Padang Surf Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padang Padang Surf Camp Hotel Pecatu
- Padang Surf Camp Pecatu
- Padang Padang Surf Camp Bali/Pecatu