Le Grande Bali
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I visited Le Grande on a golfing trip from Jakarta. Located near dreamland beach in the Pecatu complex and strategically located next door to New Kuta Golf, Le Grande is a peaceful and relaxing Hotel for golfers and families alike. My suites view towards the golf course was enchanting and I could not wait to head to the course for 18 Holes of Golf. Pecatu is located about 30 minutes from the airport and the atmosphere is far removed from the hectic and crowded Kuta and Nusa Dua areas. Le Grande is where one comes to find peace and rest bite in their busy professional lives, to re-charge, enjoy the spa facilities, the hotel pool, tennis, go mountain biking, visit Dreamland beach but the highlight is the Golf. New Kuta Golf is the only course in Indonesia which offer Links style golf, and playing alongside the Indian Ocean is an experience you will never forget. The service was clean and crisp, the food was very good. There was a Mongolian BBQ at the restaurant during our stay, and after a day of golf it was just what I needed. I was alone on this trip, but this is a hotel perfect for romantic getaways or even family visits as there is also a nearby waterpark: New Kuta Green Park. The Balinese Massage at the in house Spa is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a golf course view room, the views of neighboring New Kuta Golf are fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SimonGolfIndo

Reviewed May 1, 2014

were stayed there for couple days with the family and it was real awesome...
it had a Good price ! Great facilities ! A place to simply relax.
the rooms are nice and well kept.. and if you are a golfer.. u can just walk to the New Kuta Golf club house by walk.. really nice.. !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
LeGrande8481388, Manager at Le Grande Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Mr. Teguh,

Thanks for your valuable feedback and sharing your memorable experience while staying in Le Grande Bali.

Once again we will welcome you and your family back to Le Grande Bali, to serve you better.

Kind Regards
Anil Pinto

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been coming to LeGrande for a couple years already. I always enjoy the tranquility, the location is great near dreamland beach and Bali's most impressive golf course. The hotel is fully integrated with the surrounding nature.. Breakfast is delicious as well. The personnel is very helpful and always standby for any assistance. I have been staying in several 4 star hotels in Bali before but these hotels cant compete with the quality what LeGrande has to offer. LeGrande offers 5 star facilities at 4 star prices.. The quality is in the details of their service. In short, good value for money comparing to other hotels in the area. Pool section is also clean. A true recommendation and great alternative for the overcrowded Nusa Dua area. How to describe LeGrande in one word; Outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The rooms are amazing, the pool is nice, the staff are friendly and the food is good. When I stayed at the hotel it was very peacefull and it gave the chance for me an my girlfriend to fully relax after some long travels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack C
LeGrande8481388, Manager at Le Grande Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Dear Guest.
We appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Kind Regards
Anil Pinto

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days and was upgraded by the staff to 2 bedrooms suite:
1. Front desks staffs were friendly
2. Hotel and room did not reflect the quality of 4stars by all means
3. External appearance are
Falling apart
4. Internal room was clean but curtain, sofa in the living room and kitchen areas were stained and dusty
5. Breakfast was nightmare. Foods were terrible and fruits area were always surrounded by lit flies. Alerted the staffs but no response and
Still happened.
6. Worst staffs we ever encountered. Only 2 tables were occupied including ours, 5 of the staffs were chatting and laughing loudly. We never been offered tea or coffee, in fact when being asked - the waitress told me to get it myself and also asked me
To follow her to get a ketchup. This was unacceptable for a place that was nearly empty with 5 free staffs. Also this happened during all our
6 days stayed.
6. I asked where the manager who supervised this place - her answer was this place is secluded and not many visitors, manager barely around.

This is a 3 stars place with a poor
Management. Totally not recommended!!!!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had almost all our 100+ wedding party guests stay at Le Grande in their deluxe rooms, one bedroom suites, and two bedroom suites in August 2013. We heard of a few hiccups here and there, but for the vast majority of the time, we were impressed with Le Grande. The rooms are spacious and well-presented, as are the facilities at the resort. They have done extremely well with certain items of food (I recommend the nasi goreng, mi goreng, and beef burger) and drink (my favourites were the punky lady and naughty nanas). However, above all, the staff are a real asset to Le Grande. I am grateful to all the staff for making our stay such a pleasant one with their polite and friendly service, but am particularly grateful to Gusti and Yoga. At short notice, Gusti, food and beverage manager, and his team organised a private buffet dinner by the pool for our guests complete with a "kids corner" buffet menu. Yoga, barman at D'Bar, had us all at the bar every day and remembered our names, our favourite orders of food and drink, and the room numbers to charge them to. Lastly, I have been to Bali 4 times and have had many Balinese massages at many price points, but my husband and I agree that the girls at Le Spa gave the best Balinese massages we've experienced so far. Le Grande is great value and I would definitely recommend it for this price point in the Uluwatu area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon S
LeGrande8481388, Management at Le Grande Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Mrs. Sharon Soh,

It is always a thrill to get guest comment, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and to everyone on our staff.

While compliments are always appreciated, we also hope that you would tell us if we ever disappoint you. If you have a chance, please ask for myself or the manager on duty the next time you visit us so that we may thank you personally.

Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Management

Reviewed June 5, 2013

For an older style hotel that caters mostly to Chinese budget packages, it has the floowing pros and cons - pros: it has established gardens and decorative pools all round and lovely views over the golf course. Breakfast was good. After two rooms that stunk of mildew - one over the scooter and car park with unbearable noise and the other on the ground floor that was like a dungeon and collected all the old fashioned aircon noise of the stark quadrangle of rooms, I finally got the bingo room - top floor overlooking the roof and nice views of the golf course - you must ask for 4000 rooms - the rooms are quite large and with light, view and no mildew, they are excellent. But you have to be lucky to strike the right one. They have a bike to ride but where to? Construction sites around Pecatu are dismal and Dreamland Beach is anything but dreamland and a beach - it is dreadful. Also I informed the hotel that my money may have gone missing here as I did not check it before I left and Prada down the road where I moved to (BIG MISTAKE - DO NOT GO ) say it was not them. So who and where did the money disappear? Was the security at LeGrande in on it and we all know they have keys to security boxes and I did notice the door did not close securely when I left the room. Who knows but it irks that they did not even think to get back. Best not to stay here. I did not use the pool as loud people on were using it and it was not relaxing at all.

Room Tip: Great if you love to spend big on golf but not for anything else. Go for the 4001 4002 or 4003 overl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NibbanAh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Klapa Resort
#3 of 11 in Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
Suarga Padang Padang
#3 of 10 in Uluwatu

Been to Le Grande Bali? Share your experiences!