“A most disappointing Bali hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Grande Bali

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Grande Bali
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A most disappointing Bali hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel as it was arranged by someone else, but the experience was far from pleasant. The location is highly undesirable if you are thinking of walking to nearby eateries or shops (practically none, as hotel is located in a rather newly-developed area). But having checkout out this before I flew in, I hired a car to overcome this. But lots of irritation came: You have to pay for in-room Internet access, breakfast quality was poor, both in terms of taste, presentation and selection. There is no in-room safe, and worse of all, the tap water in the area was saline (apparently, there is seawater intrusion into the area where they tap the underground water from). This means you have to rely on drinking and buying bottled water. To top it all off, the receptionist had the audacity to demand for payment upfront when I checked in, which is a departure from the usual practice of paying only upon check-out. If you can help it, do find yourself another hotel in Bali. The only plus I can see is if you are a golfer: there seems to be a lovely golf course right beside this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CheapExplorer
Didier G, General Manager at Le Grande Bali, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear CheapExplorer,

Greetings from Le Grande, Bali.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay in our hotel. Your comments are invaluable in ensuring that we provide the best standards and service for our valued guests and rectify any problems that may arise.

I must sincerely apologize for the aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

Due to our scenic location with views of the golf course and surrounding area we provide free transportation to the nearest supermarket, shops and beach for the convenience of our guests. There are always taxis on call and car hire is available for guests who wish to explore the local countryside.

Regarding the internet. Although there is a charge for in-room internet our Grand Cafe, pool bar and all public areas feature complimentary Wi-Fi.

I must offer my further apologies for the salinity of the water during your stay. We encountered some problems with the local water supply which were completely beyond our control. This situation has now been rectified. We also supply complimentary mineral water in the guest rooms.

Your comments about the breakfast have been well noted and discussed with my Executive Chef who will work on this matter with his team.

I would like to point out that the request for a guarantee upon checking in is commonplace in a vast number of international hotels and resorts around the world. This is purely to cover any incidentals such as use of the mini bar incurred during your stay. I am sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way and if you require any further information kindly contact me directly at gm@ugathispecatu.com

I would like to end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you as our honored guest and we would be delighted to see you at some time in the future should you visit our beautiful island again.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I didn't aware of the location, once I got booked to Le Grande Pecatu. I have got surprised its only few minutes walk in from the famous Dream Land beach, Klapa beach, Uluwatu Temple, Jimbaran seafood and the bonus is no traffic in this area, so you can cycling with hotel's bicycle facilities, whenever you want.as an compliment, what a perfect vacation in Bali.

The staff has been very kind by organizing daily car and driver for me, shopping for a day in hustle seminyak then back to peaceful Pecatu for a very nice sleep, wake up in the morning had a lovely breakfast at Grand cafe then the heading to the beach for sun bathing. Then went to Klapa beach for some party. I wish I could live this life like forever.

I would love to recommend Le Grande Pecatu for you when you are tired and bored in a busy city... Le Grande pecatu would be perfect for you. Just like their quote.. Your sanctuary escape.

Room Tip: Tower 1 and 2, high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lusi78
Didier G, General Manager at Le Grande Bali, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Lusi78,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bali and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs
and I am happy to hear that we have lived up to your expectation.
Thank you for recommending us to other travellers. I hope to welcome you again in Le Grande Bali. Kind regards,

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked almost 50 rooms for my daughter wedding party held in Banyan Tree Ungasan on 8 to 11 October 2012 and we got 4 rooms upgraded to Suite room, this hotel is fantastic, golf course is just in front of the lobby, free shuttle to Dream Land and Klapa which is one of the most beautiful beach in Uluwatu, free bicycle ride, wonderful breakfast and real relaxing swimming pool and pool side facilities, rooms is big and clean with all friendly staff, I have repeat stay on 21 to 23 October 2012 and booked for the coming Nyepi New Year on 11 to 13 Mar 2013.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Henry S
Didier G, General Manager at Le Grande Bali, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Henry S,
It is always motivating to be recognized for our efforts which adds an additional incentive to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for having taken the time to tell us about your experience.

I have shared your comments with my team and we all look forward to seeing you back at Le Grande Bali in March.

Best regards

Bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 3 nights, which is huge. A great place for 3 or 4 nights to have a game of golf, visit some great sites and just chill. If you want the hussle and bussle of Kuta its about a 30 minute taxi ride. Golf course is within walking distance. Dreamland beach and other tourist spots are all a short taxi ride away. Drivers are aleays on stand by at the front of the hotel or you can get reception to call a taxi for you.
Staff are wonderful and very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear RichoBunbury

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay with us at Le Grande Bali

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed the comfort or our suite and the friendly service of our staff. It is always a particular pleasure to receive complimentary comments such as yours and to know that we have been able to meet your expectations.

I do look forward to the opportunity to ounce again welcome you to our hotel

Kind regards

Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've stayed at the 1 bedroom suite. It's very spacious & nice. Like the kitchen & stove so much, since we were travelling with 2 kids (one of them is infant) so we're still have to prepare + cook the organic stuff for her. The price is very very good for 5 stars suite at Bali. The hotel offers free shuttle to Dreamland beach by request (but when we requested the operator said, "Ok, we'll inform you before the shuttle go" but turned out they never let us know. So we think the minus things are only 2: very few facilities at hotel and poor operator / receptionist.

Room Tip: Price wise: Choose the suite instead of standard room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irene W
Dear Irene W,

I am please to read your review about Le Grande Bali in Trip Advisor.

I am happy that you have enjoyed the comfort and space of our one bedroom suite. I want to thank you for your constructive feedback about the service you received. Rest assured your comments are considered by the Management Team for improvement.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future and thank you again for your review.

Kind regards

Didier
Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Le Grande was a lovely hotel but it was just a little out of the way. I had a deluxe room which was massive! The room was beautifully clean and very spacious. I got there early and the room wasn't ready yet. While they got me into the room very quickly I notice a few of the little things were missing. (laundry bags, price lists etc) Nothing major but a bit of hassle to organise

Staff were lovely although some of them really struggled with English. Bar staff were fabulous - they make a mean Pina Colada B-) Finding tourist information did prove to be a bit of a challenge as some staff seemed to be confused about what services were available, prices etc. Nevertheless they tried hard to please and nothing seemed to be to much trouble. I recommend going for a massage here, they were awesome. Especially when followed by a couple of Pina Colada's by the pool

Getting around from here did seem to be a bit more difficult than in other parts of Bali. I recommend booking a car & driver to take you to the sights. Although do your research and be sure of where you want to go. However if you just want to chill out for a few days, play a bit of golf and get away from it all Le Grande is a great place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracie M
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel overall is nice. It has pretty lobby, nice swimming pool and overall spacious rooms. Its key weakness lies in its location. It is quite far from everything else, and also deep inside a seldom used golf resort. From the main gate of the resort, you need almost 8 minutes by car to reach the gate of the hotel. Of course, quietness could be a plus, except in this case, it creates a few problems. Many guests staying at the hotel seem to be part of tour group, which can be noisy at times; the bar is usually empty, which makes having a drink by the bar into a very "solitary" and strange experience; guests usually need at least 1 hour to reach Kuta, 40 minutes to Uluwatu or even 2 hours to Ubud. With limited time for vacationing and traveling to experience such a wonderful island like Bali, I don't think staying here will be a convenient choice. The hotels in any of the beach town are plenty and not that cost prohibitive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Madeleineshi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Lexington Klapa Resort
Suarga Padang Padang
#4 of 7 in Uluwatu
S Resorts Hidden Valley Bali
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort

Been to Le Grande Bali? Share your experiences!