Tripadvisor
Pecatu
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews video analysis surf instruction game changer great surf worth every cent green waves spent a week padang padang location is great cameron progression theresa cobra bodhi panther skills techniques
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cam is knowledgeable and passionate about surfing and will improve your skills in 7 days. I had only surfed 3 times with no instruction and felt chaotic in the water with no board control. During my 7 day surf camp, I learned wave theory, how to catch my own waves, how to paddle efficiently, pop up, and ride the wave face of green waves. I feel so much more confident in the water and have actual board control. Watching the videos of you surfing is a game changer. You can see where the errors are being made and work to improve them every day. Theresa made wonderful food and arranged some of the best massages I've had. Thank you Cam and Theresa

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Amazing experience and the best surf camp EVER.
Cam is really passionate about his job, and demonstrates professionalism and strong compatences to teach. You might literly spend the whole day surfing and watching video, it is a 24/24 surfing deep-dive if you want so.
He will takes you to the best surfing spot in Bali with an absolute level of safety.
Theresa takes care of the surf house, clean and with all the comfort.
Highly reccomended.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

The accommodation was great! I had an amazing time learning how to surf with Cam. He is technically amazing with teaching you how to surf, within the first session i learnt the foundations of surfing and was riding the small waves on Padang Padang beach, this was all down to Cams incredible teaching skills. He is a really detailed instructor and takes his time to make sure you’re doing the movements correctly. Theresia is very helpful and kind and she will go out of her way to arrange things for you. They all make you feel very welcomed into their family environment. I would 100% stay here again for great hospitality and surfing lessons

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Theresia and Cam arranged a ‘last minute’ room and surf package for me within 48 hours before my arrival from Hong Kong – all questions answered promptly to initial email within 45 minutes. Package included airport pick-up and drop-off which went well. Room was comfortable with a/c and breakfast and lunch times were made flexible to allow for the surf schedule (don’t like to eat before surfing..). Theresia even prepared an excellent Indonesian Pepes Ikan on last day when I asked if she knew where I could get one!
In the booking confirmation Cam replied ‘Let’s get some waves’ and we started early the first day. Received a good briefing about using clockwise currents to make it easy to get out and back to line up and then we went to Padang Padang. Had many good rides and learned a few tips on turning board around quickly and watching for waves and then we went for the video review. Cam is very passionate about making you a better surfer and through several years of daily video reviews he has broken down all aspects of the surf experience and will advise on what you need to do to improve. The positional ‘cobra’, ’panther’, ’eagle’ progression is helpful to understand what needs to be done to improve pop-up! Following 3 days at Padang Padang we went to Uluwatu for the next 3 days. After another briefing about counter-clockwise currents to use and watching a poor soul struggling against current to get out I caught some very nice rides there thanks to Cam and Eric! It’ been a goal of mine for the past 10 years to surf at Uluwatu and I appreciate very much the efforts of Next Level to help make it happen – I highly recommend them!

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019

I’ve done this surfcamp 4 times and I’m THE ONLY ONE who is always back and the reason is only one -surf trainings. If surf is not not your top and only priority you have nothing to do there unless you:
love to live in not very clean place; love to have chicken soup with cold coffee for breakfast or no breakfast at all; happy to wait hours and hours to enter the water (quite often the appointment for the surf session is 7am but actual time can be 10am); don’t care much about your safety in the water; ...ahhh, and if you are a good looking girl get ready to deal with an instable and extremely jealous Cameron’s wife Theresia.
For me surfing in my Bali trips is my absolute top priority so to avoid uncomfortable situations I usually stay in another place (all my friends that stayed at NL once never return there when come back to Bali because of the issues mentioned above).
Surf lesson without accommodation will cost 55 euros a day and it includes transportation, equipment, 2hrs in the water and video analysis. The video analysis is the best thing of these sessions. Cameron has a huge experience and he’s extremely good in technical surfing details, if you follow his indications you have immediate progress (and the indications are very precise and clear) and if you still have difficulties Cameron will help you with special exercises and ‘out of the water’ sequences so you surf success is just inevitable.
My shortest course with NL was 12 days (I started from scratch and I see a good result now after only 16 months), but apparently in this surfcamp the returning customers are not welcome.
After 2 weeks I was back from my last trip to Bali I received an ugliest disrespectful message from Cameron’s wife Theresia (to whom I never gave my number) accusing me in being interested in her husband (and the proofs were the flower emoji I usually add in the end of my messages when I text to check if video session are uploaded or for the surf time; and the fact that I brought a box of chocolates from Italy last time for her son ‍♀️)
So if you want to receive a bonus of these people private family problems be sure you will.
(I forwarded that message to Cameron but never received apologies or any reply so apparently it’s not the first time his wife does something like this and he is not surprised).

Date of stay: October 2019