Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
1,678 results
All reviews sunset cabana private pool bedroom villa indian ocean cire restaurant indonesian restaurant the cliff outdoor shower personal butler our honeymoon main pool three bedroom in room dining day bed four seasons spa treatments the general manager
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent 6 days at Alila with my wife in Nov 12. The entire place is amazing, the villas are spacious and luxurious, the location superb, the main resort spectacular.

My favourite part of the day was unquestionably breakfast - where you should just blow any diet and oder the lot. Every item on the menu was excellent (well maybe some of the health tonics were hard going when compared to the rest). This alone is worth a visit.

The Cire restuarant meals and service were first class.

We loved the place!

Room tip: I would think they are all good.!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A long weekend i a luxurious villa overlooking the ocean perched atop a cliff is pretty hard to beat. Especially when it is backed up with outstanding service and mouth watering meals.

Rooms - we stayed in two different rooms. A single bedroom villa and then a three bedroom villa further up the hill. Certainly the three bedroom is epic, insanely good views and oodles of space. The single bedroom however has bags of romantic charm and for a romantic get away the one bedroom is the better choice. The property sits almost within the hill, architecturally at least, as though it is part of the environment. Beds were wonderfully comfortable, Bale's made for great naps. Private pools large..and the list goes on. The rooms are fantastic, have no doubt.

Atmosphere - smooth and sophisticated. Between the architecture, staff uniforms, and warm smiles the Alila Uluwatu experience is graceful, relaxed and consumate. Its approach to creating a holiday environment clearly started long before they built the property. Winding walkways take you through ponds, gardens, yoga spots and streams - its all very, very good.

Pool Area and Gyms - the pool is pretty amazing, not quite as incredible as the photos yet amazing. The gym is functional and as long as you have no plans for massive work outs you should be able to do everything you need in light format.

Spa Centre - gorgeous. We tried out a few thing between us and all in al the spa centre is terrific. Excellent rooms and wonderfully peaceful.

Eating - Night one: Indonesian, Night two: tasting menu, Night three: western. Hmm let me see was it the nasi campur, the pork belly, the bottles of champagne, the perfect seafood carpaccio, the mango tapioca desert, the oysters, the pasta pomodoro, the satay lilit, or the chocolate truffles. Ok it was a hedonists delight. I recommend requesting a tasting menu and giving chef a day or two's notice - just do it with wine paring and go on the journey.

Service - impeccable. Agus, out butler was there to ensure everything ran smoothly. Service in a place like this needs to nail it and they did. I was greeted by my first name or surname almost everywhere and for those few days my wife and I felt like royalty - in a cool casual way! Example: it was late, we got carried away listening to the live music and nailed far to much wine. Its easy to drink champagne when you are standing in cabana that hangs out over the cliff. Agus picked us up before we even realised we needed assistance, escorted us back to our room in a cart. Whenever we needed to be somewhere, say a 2 hour massage, he would arrive in time to ensure we would be transported to said destination. My mother visited for a few hours, he took her on a tour of the property. Proper service here, all the way through. His parting words (the guy has got to go into sales) "Mr Michael I think next the you should stay longer, this place is good for you"..cheeky bugger.

Value - prepare to remortgage your house. And at the same time where a great big fat smile. Nothing is cheap here and nothing is poor quality. Its all good, exceedingly good, the kind of good that has you thinking about how the hell you make it happen again good. Yes I think it is worth price, its value is "reassuringly expensive"

Best - everything
Worst - ??? have you not read this review
Go Again - Currently selling my house

8  Thank michaelmckerlie
Reviewed November 25, 2012

In order not to sound like a broken record, we'd like to share out experiences during the check-in and check-out of our stay. The bulk of our of stay was as mentioned by many others, excellent.

We travelled with a 1 year old tot, for a period of 4 nights. On the first step out of our cabs to the resort, we got swept away by the views and the architecture.

As the little one was sleeping, the baby and the missus was ushered to the room immediately, whilst daddy was kept occupied with the check-in process. The said process on my part mainly involves sitting on the Indian Ocean facing sofa, with a glass of chilled water in hand, chilled towel, and a bottle of facial mist spray. And oh, I was required to only pass our passports and credit card to the staff who walked away to do the admin matters. After a moment to take in the views, my check-in was supposedly done, and I was chauffeured on a golf buggy to my villa.

I found out that the villa had the little one in mind, having been supplied with the requisite sterilizer, baby cot, play mat, some diapers (!!?), changing mat, jr sized bedroom slippers (??!), jr sized bathing robe (??!)...

In short, I had a very good first impression.

The subsequent few days were thoroughly enjoyable for the us and the little one. Our butler helped with some chores, and provided us with whatever we required.

We had a note worthy final day. Kudos to Sean Brennan, the GM of the villas.

As our flight was pretty late, around 9.30pm, an early check-out would pose quite a few problems to our little one, as he would require his twice a day naps.

Despite being told by the front desk that the villas was fully booked on the day we were supposed to check-out, a quick call to Sean solved all our problems.

Our little one had his requisite naps, and the parents continued to lounged the day away at the pool, day bed, cabana. We checked out at 6.30pm that said day, with a thoroughly rested baby.

In summary, it was a very pleasant and memorable stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank eric c
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

It was our first trip to Bali and totally loved our stay in Alila Villas, Uluwatu. A quite, secluded resort about slightly less an hour drive from Ngurah Hai Airport. Excellent hospitality from Ms Nicki, the resort manager and her crew. The view of the ocean was so beautiful. If you stay here, you dont need to drive down to Jimbaran for a sunset dinner! I think its even better here and more privacy. Will surely stay here again if we come to Bali!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Too much warm on the way of villa. The room air condition was not cool enough and difficult to adjust. No razor, toothbrush, fork and knife in the room and have to request. The breakfast was too expensive and not so good. And the price was not included with the room price. We also have to pay 21%tax with service. This was far from the price told by the reception.

Room tip: Expensive price for the breakfast and it not worth the price.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank Marshlin