All reviewsswim up barcosta ricahappy hourdark sandstandard roomgrounds are beautifultravel agentbreakfast was includedsmall resortwet barbedroom suitelounge chairsspent nightsthe entire staffnight lifegreat restaurantlow key
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at Bahia del Sol for 5 nights. The hotel was clean, comfortable, well maintained and the restaurant was excellent! All of the hotel staff were professional, friendly and very accommodating. We were there over Christmas and enjoyed the hotel's Christmas eve dinner and show and since the hotel is right on the beach, we enjoyed many evening beach walks after dinner. We always felt safe and comfortable. Costa Rica is a wonderful country, and it's people are the best. PURA VIDA!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

My husband and I had never been to Costa Rica and decided to get married at Bahia del sol. We had a total of 20 guests. Our family and friends could not have been more pleased. It is a beautiful place to stay and the staffs are by far some of the best people. Vanessa, Hector and Mike at the front desk were very helpful and professional. Wilber, Francisco, Oldimar were the best by far. They knew our names, how we drank our coffee every morning and what we wanted every time. Thanks to them we had a wonderful time at Bahia del Sol. The food: It didn’t matter if you were having breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack the food was amazing. We had the BBQ bonfire for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception. The food was absolutely incredible! Again, the staff was fantastic! My daughter and nephews made good use of the pool, beach and restaurant. The tours are very well organized we used them for deep sea fishing and ATV beach hopping great experience. But all of this could not have happened without our wedding coordinator, Donna Mickley with Pura Vida Weddings. Donna was heaven sent. She was very easy to work with. She worked great with the staff at Bahia Del Sol. We felt that Donna and the staff were out to give us the wedding of a life time and they made it more perfect than we could have wanted. We have no complaints about Costa Rica and Bahia Del Sol. Our family and friends have committed to come and enjoy this beautiful place every five years. Thank you all for making our wedding day so very Special!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Bahia Del Sol is enchanting. I fell in love with Costa Rica beginning at Bahia Del Sol. The staff are amazing, always friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The hotel property is beautiful, and the sunsets are incredible. I cannot adequately describe how lovely a place this is until someone has experienced Pura Vida.I went on two tours - Buena Vista Adventure Tour, which is a MUST DO, and The Lazy Lizard sailing and snorkeling tour. Bahia staff made all the arrangements for the tours and informed me what time I would be picked up at the lobby. It could not have been easier.
Bahia brings the intimacy of a smaller hotel while having the setting and scenery of a resort. I will return to Bahia Del Sol with the rest of my family. Be sure to buy coffee at Sunburst Coffee, which is on the way from the airport to the hotel. Do the Buena Vista Adventure Tour. And, although I missed it, I hear Arenal is an absolute highlight. Enjoy Pura Vida.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We spent six nights at Bahia Del Sol in one of the suites, which was very nicely furnished, and very well equiped. The bedding and the towels were of a good quality. The location was right on Potrero Beach, which was pretty much a private beach for the residents of this hotel, and a few rental villas. The sun loungers were arranged so that you had views of the beach. There was also a swimming pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was good, as were the cocktails. A great place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

After much online research my fiance and I decided on Bahia del Sol as the location for our destination wedding. We, and 22 friends and family, were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Bahia del Sol. After 14 hours of travel, we were greeted by personal shuttle (thanks to travel agent Susan with Latitudes), smiling friendly staff, cool towels and fresh fruit cocktails. The property is gorgeous and location is intimate. Perfect Costa Rican boutique hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable (we took over 50% of the hotel so I was able to see most rooms...all are awesome and have AC). The complimentary breakfast is delicious, along with the regular lunch (order the chalupas) and dinner menu. The freedom to go from the ocean to the pool (with swim up bar) to relaxing in the lounge chairs makes for a perfect day and vacation. The only negative thing I can say was that the mosquitos were very much around. Bring lots of bug spray and reapply often (of course we were there during the rainy season, which might have bought them out more). But it's Costa Rica bugs are just part of the adventure.
Roxanna the wedding/event coordinator was a dream to work with. She made the stress of planning a wedding fun and easy. During pre-ceremony photos staff brought us cold water and towels. The ceremony and cocktail hour went seamlessly. Roxanna even arranged for the bar in the palapa to stay open late and allowed us to set up our personal ipods to their sound system. Anything we asked for they happily provided. Once we decided to have bloody marys by the pool, when the bartender ran out of tomato juice he attempted to puree REAL tomatoes...lol, didn't taste the best but the thought was greatly appreciated! In fact we all became good friends with the small staff and felt like part of the Bahia family. We were all sad to leave, but are excited to plan our Bahia reunion!
Things in the area: El Castillo (1 block away) has awesome inexpensive food and accommodated our large party 2x without any prior notice. There are 2 markets in town to buy water, snacks, etc. The pizza parlor (above market in 3 story building) is pretty good. But the BEST place is Mar Y Sol in Flamingo. We had out reception dinner there, and I can't even explain how perfect it was. A must if you are in the area (plus they will send a shuttle to pick you up at Bahia...most restaurants will in fact). One place to avoid is the Golden Shrimp (every tour guide/shuttle bus will tell you its the best) 2 people got sick from the Mahi special and most plates averaged over $25, plus it took 3.5 hrs for dinner. Our guests also raved about the ziplining tour, horseback riding, boat cruise, rafting and snorkel trip on catamaran (all easily booked at Bahia). Oh, and the swedish massage at the Bahia spa is a must. Some of our guests made multiple trips back to the spa throughout the week. Very affordable and professional. Such a treat.
I could go on and on about how perfect everything was. Bahia del Sol is a wonderful authentic intimate stop while traveling around Costa Rica. Whether you are looking for a destination for your Costa Rican wedding, or traveling with a group of friends/family I highly recommend Bahia del Sol.
Thanks all at Bahia for helping create such wonderful life-long memories for this important event in our lives!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple