What an incredible week we had at the Bahia del Sol from March 19-26, 2009. We chose this location based on some guidance from our wedding planner Larissa Banting, and for it's size and location. We brought with us a group of 43, so we pretty much took up the entire hotel with our guests which was nice(no speedo shots in our wedding photos!)
We arrived to a very organic-feeling outdoor check in complete with bamboo furniture, lush green gardens and gorgeous flowers. Right away staff members greeted us with a complementary tropical beverage. Check in was easy and we were through to our rooms in minutes. The gardens are so unbelievably stunning!
With our guests taking up most of the hotel we got to see every room, and all are very nice. The pictures on the website really don't do the Bahia justice. The rooms are much nicer, and kept very cool with powerful a/c.
I've read some other posts on here about "rude" staff. Not sure where those people were staying, but it wasn't the Bahia. The staff was great! Yes, some stuff takes a little longer, but once you adapt to the "pura vida" lifestyle, it's no big deal. They are not being rude, it's just that everyone is very chill. The breakfast is so much more than a typical complementary breakfast. We had pancakes, planteen, eggs, toast, muffins, sausages, breakfast potatoes, cereal, juices, espresso, etc. Our guests loved the breakfast!
The days leading up to the wedding were a blast! The hotel was very accommodating with our wedding-related events. The wedding day was a dream! Perfect location for a wedding. I got a massage on the morning of, as did about 10 others, and WOW! Highly recommended. Try the "four hands" and you won't be sorry. Two massage therapists working on you at once.
Overall the hotel was incredible, very accommodating, the pool is great, and you've got the beach all to yourself! Tip:at the swim up bar try to Miami Beach drink. Fall asleep in the afternoon sun in your hammock listening to the crashing waves which you will hear 24/7. It really is amazing how loud they are!
Make sure to head over to Mar y Sol restaurant in Flamingo for a nice dinner out. Make a reso, sit in the upper lounge and get there to see the sunset! I've got some great connections on other restaurants, and a tour guide named Don who is AMAZING, and more reasonable than the rest of them. Please contact me if you have any questions wedding related or not. email@example.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero