The amazing views in every direction are enough to break you out of the everyday cycle. The gardens are stunning and the open layout is refreshing. The staff is friendly and helpful. The amount of lounge chairs for guests is plentiful. Art is colorful and simple but eye catching. The rooms are nice for Costa Rica. The tile is older and the American luxury is not present but you are not left without. The complementary breakfasts are plentiful. Starting with juice and coffee, then toast with butter and Hybiscus jam and banana bread onto a selection of items included with the price of the room. Our groups favorite, Traditional Costa Rican breakfast with rice, beans, eggs and cheese. The Huevos rancheros or traditional american breakfast were popular too. The swim up bar manned by Eduardo who knows you by name and is ever so accommodating was a joy. I must say the food was not amazing but several people swore that the Tuna Tartar was to die for. The resort offers Costa Rican fair and some worldly cuisine to meet the needs of it's guests. There are plenty of American dishes if you want to stay conservative. However, the prices are also American. Costa Rica offers a great dish of food for about $6 and the American dishes are 2 to 3 times that. If possible, go to the nearby restaurants for local cheaper fair. Would definitely recommend it if someone is not on a budget. In the area, the rooms were much higher here but then again, you are paying for the beach which is about 50 steps from several of there rooms. Listening to the powerful waves crash on the shore at night will erase most people's worries away in a hot (and I do mean hot!) flash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero