“Review of Restaurant”

GreenLeadersGold level
Maine
“Review of Restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Two friends and I walked along Playa Potrero and stopped for lunch at this beachside resort.the view is amazing, you're literally right on the beach, and the servers and front desk people are super nice and helpful. The food was so-so (I had the casado tipico with chicken) and I didn't love my margarita, but you're really there for the ambiance which is awesome! Two super sweet dogs slept calmly by our feet while we ate. I guess the hotel doesn't want them there but we didn't mind. All in all a lovely little spot for lunch.

Room Tip: I didn't mean to rate the room but it won't let me unrate it. Sorry.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There is so much good to say about Bahia del Sol I hardly know where to begin. Well, let me start at the beginning. My first couple of days I spent resting in the room because of a chronic illness, the staff was concerned for my welfare and asked my husband if I needed a doctor because they didnt see me emerge from the room. They are so thoughtful, they sent me a breakfast tray the second day that had fresh breads and fruit. I felt so much at home.
Once I was rested enough to come out I spent every available moment with my husband lounging on the beach or under the cabanas seaside. We swam in the ocean every day, marveling at the warmth of the water and the changing tides. Some days were good for body surfing and others for just floating and relaxing while taking in the sun and scenery. Another guest stated that the sand was dark and that somehow made it "less than" a beach with white sand. We love the beach and being from Southern California we found this beach far superior to most California beaches in that it is CLEAN, PRIVATE, and teeming with wildlife. We happened to get a room by the ac but you can't hear them when you're in the room running your ac LOL.
One of the most amazing things was the monkeys that were in the trees there on our patio. So awesome to see entire families of howler monkeys including tiny babies! We just loved all the various lizards, birds, butterflies, frogs and monkeys (of course). We saw all these and more without ever leaving the area. We walked a short distance to the little market to buy water, fruit and snacks.
We simply adored the staff of friendly and helpful people. We were treated like royalty while we were there. We liked it so much we extended our 2 week stay to three weeks with the help of Maekel who rearranged our flights for us. The room we had was the standard room. I expected it to be a room with a bed and small bath. But it was a huge room with a kitchenette and large bathroom. The beds were so comfy! I got more and better sleep here than I do at home! The maids clean the rooms and wash your dishes every day. My husband arrived there with a stomach bug that needed treating and the maids went far beyond when cleaning the room during his illness they disinfected everything and cleaned it spotless.
Speaking of the stomach bug, the staff arranged a taxi to take us to the pharmacy to get medicine for my hubby. We have nothing but praises for this hotel, restaurant, staff of new friends and the beach/town of playa Potrero. I arrived tired and ill and departed refreshed and energetic.
We love, love, love that it's not anglicized and are looking forward to future extended stay trips.
Paul & Kim ~ Yuma, AZ, USA

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This beautiful, little (only 28 rooms) hotel is perfect for couples and families alike. It doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of larger hotels, but if you're looking for an intimate hotel that exudes "Pura Vida" then this is the place for you. I'm already planning to bring my wife here the next time I visit Costa Rica. Victoria, the new Resident Manager, has a smile that produces enough energy to power a small city. If her enthusiasm is an indicator (and I think it is), she's going to do a great job!

Room Tip: Some suites have a full kitchen, which would be nice if you plan to cook some (or most) of your meal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed there only for three days due to unfortunate coincidence. The hotel itself is extremely small, altough rooms are specious, clean and nice, even if we got a room just near the aircondition machines making a lot of noise. Placed in the middle of the mini-jungle with a lot exotic plants - very nice. We arrived very tired in the middle of the night, service was very helpful, we received cold welcome drinks and also managed to get a health care just the day after without any problems - I was sick. BUT. If you are planning to see a white, sandy beach be prepared for a big disappointment - there is one, very small, with dark brown, almost black sand, not very welcoming. Altough there is a great pool. Included breakfast - nothing special, but everything what you can get at the Costa Rica - plantains, beans, eggs. There is a lot of privacy in this hotel, but not a place for people looking for a relax on the beach!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marryberry
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I first arrived to Bahia Del Sol, exhausted after many days of adventure seeking in Arenal. We, at first, could not believe how quiet this area is. We were very saddened to learn that it was 'red tide' and we could not swim on this beach. But, after a day and getting our surroundings - we hiked 15 minutes down to Playa Flamingo for some great swimming and beachtime. What made our experience here so great was not only the peacefulness - but also the staff. They became our family and took such great care of us. We miss them terribly. Orlando, Hector, Christina, - we could go on and on. . . . we spent a lot of quality time hanging at the pool and bar and chatting. The restaurant food was fantastic. We even went out for a 1/2 day fishing trip through Yellowfin fishing and brought back our fish and the hotel served it to us. They fried up the whole Red Snapper in a super way! We also loved the Eggs Benedict in the mornings. And nothing beats their margaritas!!!! So, please go there and tell them 'hello' for us. The staff is what made our stay there so great!
I will say that (we left our 3 kids at home for this vacation) that this is probably a better resort for adults and couples - I think that because it is somewhat of an isolated area, that kids would get bored here quickly. . . . .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catharine73Reck
Torreon, Mexico
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, in the middle of a nice jungle service excelente beach only for adventure travelers.

I think is a good option for honeymooners a lot of privacy and night weedings.

In the other hand you will need to rent a cat to move around due that there are very nice beach near to it like playa grande, tamarindo, bahía piratas

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Robertohiram
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very friendly and welcoming ! We were renting a house in Potrero and our hosts suggested that we visit this spot. They had private parking and were very welcoming. We asked if we could look around, have lunch and then enjoy the pool. Mike, our greeter, introduced himself and told us looking around would be fine but to watch out for the tigers in the garden...followed by big smile, a laugh and a "Gotcha !" He then made sure to ask all of our names, shake our hands and then sent us on our way to explore this small but lovely resort. We chose not to eat beachside due to the lovely but heavy breeze and rather decided on a nice table under fans in their covered-open air restaurant. My wife had the sliced tuna sandwich with caramellized onions, I had the chicken and rice, our son had the shrimp and rice, one daughter had the chicken fingers and our other daughter had the cheese burger. All meals came with fries and a wonderful local salad. We loved and devoured all of the food, except for the cheese burger. We then spent some time in their lovely pool, made use of the padded chaise lounge chairs and then back to the pool. We took advantage of the swim up bar where our tender Jose enjoyed making us Pina Colatas, Strawberry Smooties and his daily special a Mint Mango Smoothy with fresh picked mint. He made extra and gave us a second glass for free. Lunch for 5 was $96.00 and the drinks at the bar were about $25.00. Very fair for the experience and quality. The hotel part looks lovely and if given the chance we would certainly stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 7 in Playa Flamingo
JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal

Been to Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel

Property: Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel
Address: North Of the Flamingo Junction 2 km, Playa Potrero 50101, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Guanacaste > Playa Potrero
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Playa Potrero
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel 3.5*
Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast.
With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites