We recently came back from a week long stay here. If you're use to the big resorts with really large pool area and lots of entertainment at night than this hotel would be disappointing but if you're looking for a relaxing, secluded area with small resort feel/less people than this is a great hotel.
PROS: It was really nice that it's a beachfront property and it's pretty private so sometimes it feels like you have the entire beach to yourself. The breakfast buffet was delicious. Hector/Maureen at the front desk were wonderful.
CONS: This location is about an hour drive from Liberia airport. Excursions to arenal volcano/monetverde rain forest are about 4 hours away. Closest town worth visiting is tamarindo and that's a little over 30mins away ($35 taxi ride each way). Palo verde boat trip is about 1hour30mins away. Rinco de la veija and borinquein are also far (forget how far these are).
Also, it's advertised to have free wireless internet, but internet doesn't have a strong enough signal to work in the rooms so you have to be around the front desk or bar area to received wireless signal.
The pool is nice but small.
Also if you do stay here, I'd recommended stopping by local convenient store (a block away) to get snacks/water as it's a little pricey at the hotel and also check out the shack restaurant and el coconut beach club (good/affordable food). If you want to go to a fancy dinner check out Mar Y Sol (playa famingo), that restaurant offers free shuttle service from bahia del sol. Wanted to check out Lola's restaurant due to reviews on tripadvisor but it would've been $15 cab ride each way from hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Playa Potrero