Sugar Beach Hotel(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$119
$116
  • Breakfast included
Pitaya Lodge(Playa Potrero)
$61
Hotel Isolina Beach(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Pool
Bahia Esmeralda(Playa Potrero)
$50
Villaggio Flor de Pacifico(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$106
  • Spa
Numu Cabinas(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$61
Christina's Bar & Grill, Hideaway(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$69
Casita Mar y Posa(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$86
$73
Cabinas Windsong(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$50
All reviewsswim up barcosta ricahappy hourdark sandstandard roomgrounds are beautifultravel agentsmall hotelbreakfast was includedwet barbedroom suitelounge chairsspent nightsthe entire staffnight lifegreat restaurantlow key
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place was great. And just to start off, every couple is great and I think it depends on what you want as a couple. This place was perfect for us. We did come here in the off season and so there weren't a lot of people at the hotel at night but also there wasn't much nightlife in this town except for wednesday nights which we missed. On wednesday nights down the street there is a bar that has ladies night and from what we hear it goes off. Anyways, this place is right on the beach and we definitely took advantage of that. We also were at the pool as often as possible. Their staff is amazing and it makes a huge difference. Our favorite staff member was Francisco. Everyone was really nice and remembered our names. Shout outs to Hector, Maik, Alicia, Orlando, a skinny dude with glasses, and a couple of the girls that worked the front desk. All were great and very friendly. They were really helpful with scheduling excursions and getting our transportation ready. There were no problems.
This place has free breakfast in the mornings and all of it was delicious. The last day we were there I had the french toast and that was my favorite. I really want to start making their gallo pinto for breakfast because there I ate it every morning. The best way I can describe it is it's like a spanish rice with red beans....yummy!
Also, definitely try their mango mint drink at the bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vichug, Public Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Ronnie, thank you for choosing our property for part of you honeymoon, also we want to thank you for the great comments about our staff.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our daughter's wedding took place at Bahia del Sol during 4th of July week. After one face-to-face meeting in January and then subsequent emails - the resort wedding coordinator, Roxana, came through with everything we had envisioned and more. We had requested flowers and table decorations that reflected the feel of Costa Rica. The tropical bouquets along with the ox-cart and coffee bag centerpieces were amazing. The transition from the beach ceremony to lawn reception was seamless. Our guests raved about the food and the staff members were friendly and accommodating. The sunset was the perfect photo backdrop. The preliminary picture proofs from the photographer are magazine worthy. We can’t thank Bahia del Sol and Roxana enough for making our daughter’s dream wedding a reality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Connie, we want to thank you once again that your family chooses our property for this important event, also we appreciate your positive comments about our wedding coordinator, she’s great and we’ll be sure to let her know your feedback.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is just beautiful. The staff was beyond helpful with all our needs. Really went out of their way to help with every single thing. The food is delicious, the rooms are clean and lovely. The whole place was really wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dtxman
Vichug, Public Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Dtxman, we appreciate your positive comments especially about our staff, for us they are the most important part of the hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I travel alot and usually in a new location, I book two hotels in a close area. One a small out the way sort of place, the other usually a larger, better known brand. I spent four days at Bahia Del Sol and then 3 at the Westin. This trip was a solo trip for me. Unusual and absolutely fantastic.
My goal was to surf most days, which I did (Point Break surf school-run by a wonderful American couple) sit and read by a body of water, enjoy great healthy food, and to learn a bit of Spanish -of which I knew maybe three words> yes, no, thankyou. And I can count to three.

The Bahia Del Sol was beautiful, friendly, serene, with clean, colorful, spacious rooms. Breakfast is huge; they'll make anything a New England B&B could make (and its included in the more than reasonable room rate). The coffee really is the best in the world. I grabbed fruit for later, popped it in my room fridge and used it to make fresh smoothies in the kitchen's blender. Yes, you get a full kitchen.

The beach was quiet and full of the scenery you want from a lush dense tropical climate.

Surf school pros recommended this hotel as that is where their families stay when they come to visit. After my day of surfing- a quick 20 minute ride to larger heavier waves, I'd come back to rest around the pool, talk about my day with Orlando, (the most charming and welcoming bartender/concierge/information center ever) sip a fresh drink and gab with the other guests about how this was their favorite spot in Costa Rica.

I stayed near the hotel for dinner, again traveling alone I wanted to feel safe, especially at night Just common sense. But other guests on this site have mentioned great dining places within a short distance from the Bahia Del Sol. Dinner was wonderful, presented elegantly and if you like seafood, you'll be thrilled.

I then went to the Westin for three days. I had to wait over and an hour for check in because they were busy. Then I had to wait for a van to pick me up and drive me to my little apt in a villa, actually the place and the rooms are huge. I already was missing my new friends and tranquility at the Bahia Del Sol.

No, the Bahia Del Sol doesn't have huge marble bathrooms or tennis courts or several restaurants ( all very mediocre I have to say). i found the same charm in the staff at the larger hotel but as the place was soo big i never saw any one staff person more than once.

Next time I visit this magical country, I will be staying at the Bahia Del Sol. Only.

Greetings and cheers to Orlando, Leo, Roy, Alecia, Christina who greeted me by name every time they saw me. It felt like a had a new family. Warmth and professionalism, privacy and lots to do within one location is hard to find in one spot. You'll find it here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank AndreaLM63

Dear Andrea, thank you very much for this great review, and you can be sure I’ll let Orlando, Leo, Roy, Alicia, Christina your comments about them.
Also is good to know that you enjoy your stay with us

Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's only been a few days since my wife and I have left, and we can't get Bahia del Sol out of our hearts. The property offers an ideal, away-from-crowds location, charming amenities, and the best food in the area - but really, their number one asset has to be the fantastic staff that bring incredible amounts of pride and love to their jobs every single day. How they manage to balance such a level of customer service while being honest, cordial and friendly to all guests is beyond my comprehension. What I do know is that they made our honeymoon a treasure, and we gained a home far away from home! Come for the swim-up bar, the long-stretching beach with safe swimming all the time, the real, quaint Costa Rican village, the perfect sunsets - stay for the friends you'll make for LIFE! You may never want to leave; in fact, we wish we were there right now! Huge shout-outs to Orlando, Alicia, Leo, Hector, Maik, Andres, Amandina, and EVERYONE at Bahia del Sol! We hope to see you soon!!!

Room Tip: The suites seem worlds away, as they are separated by everything else by a we--tended Jungle Arboretum - plus added chance to spot monkeys at a CLOSE range!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Waskotons
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Waskotons, thank you for choosing our property for you honeymoon, and especially we want to thank you for the great comments about our staff, you don’t know how mucho this means for them, us they are really proud of what they do, we’ll be sure to share this with them.