Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel
Sugar Beach Hotel(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$119
$116
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villaggio Flor de Pacifico(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$106
  • Spa
Bahia Esmeralda(Playa Potrero)
$50
$49
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Orbitz.com
Paradise Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$81
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$231
$104
  • Pool
Casa Chameleon Hotel at Las Catalinas(Las Catalinas)(Great Value!)
$595
$577
Hotel Brasilito(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$44
$32
Hotel Mediterraneus(Playa Potrero)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswim up barcosta ricahappy hourtwo bedroom suitewedding coordinatordark sandstandard roomgrounds are beautifulsmall resorttravel agentwet barspent nightsbreakfast was includedlounge chairsnight lifethe entire staffgreat restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2012

STAY AWAY!!! This is not only the worst hotel my wife and I stayed at during our recent trip to Costa Rica, it has to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed at period. The rooms smelled like rotten trash and they were so disgusting, that my wife and I had to keep our sandals on, even while showering! We were woken up early every morning by the sounds of construction going on, on the roof above our room. However, the "icing on the cake," had to be the used needle and syringe that my wife found in our room! Even after complaining, nothing was done and they refused to move us to a different/clean room. Oh, and the complementary breakfast was only complementary for the first few people that got there at 7am, they ran out every morning! There are so, so, so many other hotels in the surrounding area that are a lot less expensive and a whole lot nicer! Please, do not waste your time and money on this hotel, you will be truly disappointed! Even after our return to the states, we have sent three emails to the manager regarding our stay, with no response. The quality of stay and service marketed by the hotel is not delivered. Our only positive experience was with Orlando, the kindest bartender and server.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank will r
Vichug, Public Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Will, you’re completely wrong us there is NOT a single one construction going on the entirely property, also is impossible that the rooms can smell but us they are clean with floor disinfectants every day, then the needle you mention we believe you where the one that put it in there, us we check the rooms twice before they are delivered to the guest and the most strange part if that Maria Fernanda the Resident Manager have send you two emails and she didn’t get a replay from you (unfortunately we can post them here).
We hope next time you think twice before posting a comment like this, us you are damaging all the staff that works here.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have never felt more compelled to write a review after my stay at Bahia Del Sol. I left feeling disappointed and upset with the price I paid and the accommodation/ service I received.

First off, in reference to first impressions, you don't get much of one here. The gentleman who carried my bags to my room barely said two words to me. He didn't show me around my room- just dropped my bags and readily took a tip I provided. The place didn't feel very inviting, and I felt like every time I needed something I had to ask a person who was about as old as my 23 year old daughter.

However, by far the biggest complaint has to be the hotel's restaurant, or lack thereof. The wait staff barely speaks English and more importantly, the buffet is GROSS! If you arrive to breakfast after an hour of being open, the food is practically deplete, and the wait staff conveys that there is no additional food in the kitchen. There are flies everywhere- I would think a better system would be devised- such as putting items in a container rather than leaving fruits, sweets (cookies) and such out in the open. The quality control is horrendous. I stayed in Arenal prior to this- that area being significantly more "buggy" since it was surrounded by more lush vegetation and the hotel I stayed at did a phenomenal job at making sure the food was fresh, plentiful, and clean.

Overall I was surprised with the reviews and my experience. I have witnessed weddings that take place here with reviews of such. I think brides and people included in the experience are so caught up with the frills of that, that true aspects of the hotel are often missed.

Honestly, take your money and time elsewhere. You'll be much happier.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Paul A

Dear Mr. Paul, we respect your opinion, but don’t share it, us you can see first of all we are number 1 hotel in the area of Flamingo, second fact 101 of the reviews are excellent, that means 60% of all reviews. One of the things you complain the most is the staff, but if you take the time an ready all the reviews, you’ll find out if one of the top things people love.
If you would like to stay again please let us know in advice and w’ll take extra care of you to achive your expectations.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't have found a better place! Great staff that is always there to help! Top
Notch service! 20 feet to the beach! Close to other beaches. Destination trips are close by, and the hotel staff will help make your plans. Wonderful place to relax, unwind, and have a refreshing drink on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jb101234
Vichug, Public Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Jb101234, is good to know that you liked our property, and thank you for the great comments about the staff, I’ll be sure to let them know.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our costa rican honeymoon. we found bahia del sol through a discount website and I think we weren't sure what to expect when we got there. we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised in the hotel!
We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was spacious and nicely appointed. I know some others complained that the hotel was not clean, but this is not our experience whatsoever. The grounds the restaurant and our room were all immaculate.
The location is definitely remote and I am very glad that we rented a car. This is not a hotel to go to if you are expecting a busy social life life. It is quiet and relaxing.

The staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating to us. In fact we saw a few of the staff members out at local bars and they were just a friendly outside of work as they were in the hotel.

A local expat told me that Bahia del sol was his favorite hotel in the area because it is the most authenticly costa rican. It is not a luxurious all inclusive resort. it is a sweet little hotel that we had a wonderful time at.

There is a tiny spa on premises. I got a wonderful massage there for about 20 dollars less than I thought advertised anywhere else.

We had a fantastic time there and hope that we are able to return again.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank KristenC95
Vichug, Public Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Kristen C, wow, we just can find the words to thank you for this great review, and we actually appreciate this, especially because you describe our property perfectly.
We really hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed at Bahia del sol in march on a groupon deal! We felt like we got a great deal! We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite and our room was nice. It wasn't anything over the top but clean and spacious! Other guests commented that they were having difficulties sleeping in their room because of the noise from a bar - we did not have that problem. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the swim up bar was a great place to get to know other guests. We were greatly impressed by the bartender Orlando. He took the time to get to know all the guests and we left feeling like we had made a friend! The beach by the hotel is not as nice as some - we were there in red tide - but it was super easy to get to other beaches by walking or taking a cab ( front desk staff was always helpful arranging rides since we didn't have a car) there was a store nearby and several restaurants within walking distance! We loved maxwells just 5 minute walk away! The location worked for us - we felt secluded but close enough to busier towns! I enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recOmmend this place to others!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank JessEE221

Dear JessEE221, thank you very much for your great review, we really appreciate this, especially because this actually shows the reality of what we are.
Hope to see you again.