I have never felt more compelled to write a review after my stay at Bahia Del Sol. I left feeling disappointed and upset with the price I paid and the accommodation/ service I received.
First off, in reference to first impressions, you don't get much of one here. The gentleman who carried my bags to my room barely said two words to me. He didn't show me around my room- just dropped my bags and readily took a tip I provided. The place didn't feel very inviting, and I felt like every time I needed something I had to ask a person who was about as old as my 23 year old daughter.
However, by far the biggest complaint has to be the hotel's restaurant, or lack thereof. The wait staff barely speaks English and more importantly, the buffet is GROSS! If you arrive to breakfast after an hour of being open, the food is practically deplete, and the wait staff conveys that there is no additional food in the kitchen. There are flies everywhere- I would think a better system would be devised- such as putting items in a container rather than leaving fruits, sweets (cookies) and such out in the open. The quality control is horrendous. I stayed in Arenal prior to this- that area being significantly more "buggy" since it was surrounded by more lush vegetation and the hotel I stayed at did a phenomenal job at making sure the food was fresh, plentiful, and clean.
Overall I was surprised with the reviews and my experience. I have witnessed weddings that take place here with reviews of such. I think brides and people included in the experience are so caught up with the frills of that, that true aspects of the hotel are often missed.
Honestly, take your money and time elsewhere. You'll be much happier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero