“Live Music Sundays”
Review of El Coconut Beach Club - CLOSED

El Coconut Beach Club
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Coconut Beach Club; is the need branch of El Coconut Fine Dining of Playa Tamarindo, now also located in Playa Potrero. Do expect the service to be top notch; Do expect the kitchen to accommodate all of your desires and Do expect the Ambiance to be casual and laid back :O) Do come and Join us for a day by the pool, a cool cocktail in your hand, some lunch or just lying on the beach- beds watching the sunset. Every week-end we offer the Biggest wood BBQ in the region. Your romantic dinner is assured under the stars accompanied by the music of the Pacific waves. - JUST ENJOYING LIFE- That is what we are all about
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Usually enjoy the live music they have on Sundays. The sunsets are usually very good. The food is good and the service great. My favorites are the Spaghetti Clams and the Avocado Shrimps.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had dinner on the outside grounds.Nice view,good food and service was excellent.I had the swordfish steak and i think my wife had the red snapper.

katharina_elcoconut, Owner at El Coconut Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you so much for this positive feed back :0)
Though I do feel necessary to clairify that we do not serve sword fish. We highly support the "catch and release" fishing. Fresh fish that has been on the menu lately have been: mahi mahi, red snapper, amber jack and yellowfin tuna.
Hoping to see you in again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The open air seating hearing the crashing of the waves makes this a great place to have a drink or have a meal. One negative would be if you go with a large group don't expect everyone to get their meal at any where close to the same time. There was at least 1/2 hour between the first meal served to the last person to get their meal. The evening we went there was live music and we had to ask to have it turned down a little ~ Way to loud to visit without shouting! Pricey place so I wouldn't dine there very often ~ this is probably a place for a couple to go and not a whole family in my opinion

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really super with on the beach sunset, dinning with choice of wood fired grill and great menu, super sunsets, great entertainment, can swim pool or beach great owners and staff Thank you!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Friends of ours and their family (party of eight) went to El Coconut on Wednesday night. We were seated almost immediately. As appetizers, we ordered two orders of the spider patacones, one Caesar salad and one calamari in garlic butter. Four of us were looking forward to the pork ribs as our entrees! The spider patacones came in a reasonable time....the salad came after all the entrees were served and the calamari appetizer never showed up. When the entrees came, the four of us who ordered pork ribs were very surprised at what was served..each plate came with one rib, the baked potato was only a small portion of a normal sized potato and the veggies consisted of one slice of cooked tomato on top of one slice of squash and a few slivers of cooked onion. My rib had the most meat of the four and I was able to get seven small bites of meat from it....one of the other person's rib was mostly fat and gristle...when I order ribs as an entree, I expect at least three ribs! And there is no excuse for the small portion of potato and vegetables that were served as sides! The menu lists "Pork Ribs" (plural)...with baked potato and vegetables.
Service also left a lot to be desired....they had a few tables occupied but the place was not crowded. My wife and I ordered glasses of white wine....no one ever stopped to see if we wanted refills...we had to flag the waiter down....water was served in pitchers...the pitchers were emptied and never refilled....the salad was served only after asking where it was....
We were very disappointed in El Coconut! We've eaten at El Coconut quite a few times over the past three years and have always left with mixed feelings. We only went this time because our friends wanted to eat there....needless to say, four of us went away disappointed and hungry!
The location of this restaurant is it's main attraction...