“Good food an d location...”
Review of El Coconut Beach Club - CLOSED

El Coconut Beach Club
Cuisines: American, Latin, Seafood, Mediterranean, Barbecue, European, Spanish, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: El Coconut Beach Club; is the need branch of El Coconut Fine Dining of Playa Tamarindo, now also located in Playa Potrero. Do expect the service to be top notch; Do expect the kitchen to accommodate all of your desires and Do expect the Ambiance to be casual and laid back :O) Do come and Join us for a day by the pool, a cool cocktail in your hand, some lunch or just lying on the beach- beds watching the sunset. Every week-end we offer the Biggest wood BBQ in the region. Your romantic dinner is assured under the stars accompanied by the music of the Pacific waves. - JUST ENJOYING LIFE- That is what we are all about
New York City, New York
“Good food an d location...”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just across from our hotel was El Coconut , what a great find. Location is on the beach we had drinks and was there for jazz night... Saxophone player was not bad. Next visit we were there for food, I ordered the Seafood soup yummy .....steak was great, salads were great, so glad we came. Staff is very friendly place is well kept. Get the lobster too...excellent.

• Visited June 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Yummo”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Food was awesome, the avocado shrimp salad was heavenly. It's too bad we didn't stay to use the amenities.

Visited April 2013
CT
“Lovely dinner!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary dinner and had a great time! The owner Katharina was an amazing host and really takes care of her clients. We shared the avocado filled with shrimp and the chicken skewers with peanut sauce...both delicious! We each had filet mignon with dinner....and even though mine was undercooked- the kitchen was happy to fix it. I appreciate a restaurant in Costa Rica who takes the time to make their guests happy...not easy to find here. I definitely recommend this place if you're around the Potrero area. Its great! Although I did read they are closed until May 27 for vacation...so just an fyi.

• Visited May 2013
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
“Beachfront Experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice place on the beach, good food, bbq on Sundays with live music. Very nice place to watch the gorgeous sunsets. Drink prices are very high unless you hit happy hour 5-7.

Visited March 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Great location, food was just okay”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We did not stay here, but were allowed to eat, drink and use their pool, etc. They are located right on the beach and restaurant/grounds were very clean. Nice lawn area with lounge chairs to relax and easy access to the beach. We ordered a Greek salad to start- which was different than what I'm used to. It was good, but very oily. It was chopped tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, onion, fresh herbs, etc.... no lettuce. I liked it, but after a few bites, it was too much.
I ordered this chicken dish with curry/peach sauce. It took a VERY long time to get our food with only a handful of patrons in the restaurant. When the food did finally arrive, the chicken was dry and the sauce really did not have much flavor. They did apologize and the staff was friendly...I just was not that impressed with the food. The Pepsi Light with a squeeze of lime was refreshing though :)
I would give them another try, it just was not one of my favorite places to eat.

• Visited March 2013