“It's made a regular out of me on my trip”

The Shack Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Central American, American, Bar, Costa Rican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nos alegra ofrecer comida típico de Costa Rica y los Estados Unidos, cafe caliente, cerveza fría, música en vivo cada jueves, y espacio afuera para disfrutar a la naturaleza. Estamos un restaurante de la comunidad! Vengan para compartir comida rica y relajen un rato con sus amigos aquí. Nos avisa que la hora de cerrar (9:30pm) es solamente para la cocina... El bar queda abierto hasta ustedes no quieren mas guaro! * * * * * * * * * We're happy to offer typical Costa Rican and American dishes, hot coffee, cold beer, live music every Thursday, and an outdoor space to enjoy the natural environment. We're a community restaurant! Come to share a great meal and relax for a while with your friends. Please note that the closing hour listed (9:30pm) is for the kitchen only... The bar is open until you don't want any more guaro!
Kelowna
“It's made a regular out of me on my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I love that it has a laid back vibe but still has high quality standards of cleanliness and service. They put a lot of care and attention into what they do and the staff always makes you feel so welcome. I've loved every dish I've gotten so far and the pricing is really reasonable. Definitely check it out! : )

Visited November 2013

Flamingo
“Nemo Dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

New breakfast menu at the shack, Nemo dog...its really delicious! Very filling hearty breakfast of hotdog with egg and bacon, served with the Shack fries and guacamole.

Visited November 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not that great(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Having read the reviews we were very disappointed. The place is very easy to get to. Food was alright, descent prices. My wife and I had a chicken nachos and casado with fish. Didn't have a descent bathroom, very very dirty! I wish we would have had a better experience.

1 Thank In4is
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
“Best vibe in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great food at reasonable prices. I love that there is a blend of local food and American style food. English speaking staff, and danielle is quirky and sweet making the it a genuine and fun place to hang out

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ToroChingo
Westport, Connecticut
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited The Shack last week - we were lost and hungry and just stopped in, not knowing what to expect. Had the best fish all week - great Dorado. Really tasty food, cold beer, nice setting. The three of us enjoyed our lunches and enjoyed meeting Harry, the owner. And then he put us on the right road (actually the same road, just making the right turns!) Thanks Harry.

• Visited July 2013