If we ever visit the Little Rann of Kutch, we shall definitely stay only at this place.
All koobas / cottages are equally good - so one should not be worried by which kooba is available...
1. Food is very well made -- the large variety in items caters equally to an Indian as well as non-Indian palate. Chatting with the Bengali cooks that make up the cooking staff is pleasurable as well.
2. The Koobas themselves are beautiful and amazingly designed -- the mirror work designs are intricate while not being over- It is a jungle lodge as one can imagine - hence there will be insects and a few friendly lizards floating around the ceiling etc. We did not have any problem with that at all. There were no mosquitoes as an all out electronic repellant was present and functional.
3. Service --- the staff were very responsive and polite.
4. Horses, wildlife... - The menagerie of various animals you can see here.. emu . cats, large dogs,,, cow and of course the many Marwari and Kathiawari horses.... are truly amazing. For those of you who are accomplished / experienced riders, this place is a dream come true. you can spend a lot of your time just gazing at the splendid horses in the stable.
5. Helpful management --- The management staff of this place go out of their way in guiding guests in planning logistics.. etc. In fact they were directly responsible for arranging for our best driver in the entire trip.
6. Wifi works as well....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rann Riders, Dasada is an Eco-friendly boutique resort with 28 cottages(Sgl/Dbl/Twin)offering cultural and wildlife experiences in the Little Rann ofKutch and surrounding rural areas. The resort comprises cottages built fromlocal materials in the vernacular architectural style. It offers wide-rangingmodern facilities for Guest. The resort has its own fleet of open vehicles forsafaris, indigenous breeds of horses including prize winning Kathiawadi andMarwari mares, and guides for bird watching, photo safaris and village tours. Accommodations Each of the cottages has an a/c twin-bedroom, with a comfortable cane bed, a dry dressing area and a tiled bathroom with western-style toilet fittings and hot-and-cold showers. Food & beverages Rann Riders offers Continental and Indian cuisine that can be served on the buffet table, preplated or camp-style around a fire. Tandoori food is a specialty of the resort. On prior intimation, we serve Gujarati meals, regional specialties of the Maliks of Dasada, Bengali meals and seafood. For vegetarians, the Restaurant has an extensive Indian, Chinese and Continental menu. Recreational Facilities Jeep and camel cart safaris in the Rann of Kutch The resort has a small lake, lawns and gardens with sit-outs A swimming pool that doubles as an irrigation tank recycling pool water for agriculture in the arid region near the Rann of Kutch Extensive grounds for indoor and outdoor games Music and dance performances of local communities can be arranged at extra cost Horse back riding Camel cart tours of the Rann Village tours by camel cart with or without accommodations in camel wagon with the nomads Village safaris by vehicle Fishing on `you catch we cook' or `catch and release' basis at our own lake ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rann Riders Safari Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.