“Truly Inn The Wild”
Review of InnTheWild

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Masinagudi
InnTheWild
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Masinagudi
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have been to many wild places , but this stay was closest I stayed inside the forest..to reach there you need a 4 wheel drive in first place, resort provides that from Singara check post..once you reach there , it may take some time to sink the forest inside you..but once in, it just takes you into wilderness...place is bordering reserved forest..has a waterhole inside with a lovely machan to spend days. & nights.stayed there with wife & two sons...saw elephant mother & calf, wild boars chasing Leopard, group of 6 wild dogs coming on both the days to drink water & playing for a while..dear, eagles ..machan is a best place to be most of the time...great hospitality & excellent food for most meals...if I am taking away one point , it is only for their lack of naturalist which is must to make the experience complete...overall if you have not stayed in Inn The Wild while in Masinagudi ..you have certainly missed something

Room Tip: Try a tree house as it is very close to the lake & lovely place
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank naren_raykar
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Naren_Raykar,

I am sorry I missed meeting you and your family during your stay at InnTheWild, Masinagudi. Sounds like you guys had a great trip filled with awesome wildlife sightings! Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and other services too at the property too.

BTW we do have an in-house naturalist team lead by Mr. Yogananda Rao. Unfortunately he was on personal time-off during your stay.

Glad you had a memorable stay, and we look forward to your next visits. Please do recommend InnTheWild to your friends and family.

Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Inn The Wild is a beautiful resort set in the serenity of the jungles of Madumulai. The resort is located very close to the village of Masinagudi, sandwiched between the higher hills of the Nilgiris and the gentler rolling hills of the Madumulai sancuary. Well appointed rooms, high level of hygiene, courteous and friendly staff and good (& plentiful) food make this hotel a must stay for all travellers. Absence of TV, Airconditioning, loud music etc is a real bonus and ensures that the sanctity of the jungle and its environs is wonderfully preserved. The property and the surrounding areas are teeming with wildlife and birds in their natural habitat. A stay in the 'Tree House' is really a unique and gratifying experience. I would strongly recommend this hotel and look forward to visiting again and again.

Room Tip: The Tree House Rooms are by far better than the ordinery rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keki_Colah
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Keki,

Thank you very much for taking time out and writing about us. I am so glad that you and your wife really enjoyed your stay. I am told that with your knowledge in ornothology, you gave our Naturalist Yoga, a run for his money! :)

We look forward to having you back again. I promise you that you will notice a lot more improvements - we are constantly looking to add more and more for our guests at no extra price. So till next time then.

Adios,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in this resort with my wife and a year old kid on march 8, 9 & 10. One day on the tree house and another day in the jungle shackle. View from the tree house is excellent, however beaware the insects and worms inside the tree house can spoil your evenings and nights. Specially if you have kids i would not recommend the tree house as its not child friendly. The balcony or deck in the tree house does not have proper grills the little ones can easily sneak thru them. When i checked in the mosquito repelent was empty, coffee maker not working, bathroom commode lid cover was broken. We had a lot of black coloured insects on the bed with the fear of them getting into our little ones ear or nose we requested the staff to change from the tree house to a room and they were kind enough to oblige. Food definately needs improvement. High chair for kids not available. May be a small play area for kids will be great. From the price point this resort is definately expensive said that atleast bottleled mineral water should be replenished without charges.

Inspite of all these drawbacks the nature and quite and calm atmosphere around is a wow factor.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank ajpaul001
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Ajpaul,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We've noted all the areas of negligence that you highlighted. I checked with the staff and we have identified where and why there was such failure. Rest assured, all the right steps to address all these issues and the process gaps that caused these issues have been identified and addressed. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and we will make sure we will make it up to you in your next trip.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hi all...This is Balaji. This was my first stay in a jungle resort and the first for my family too. I am not sure if any other place would have let me down. But this one did not. Everything about this place gets 5 stars. Starting with the location.....it's so serene and out of the world. We stayed in a shack hut and I couldn't believe it was so well furnished and maintained. The toilet was so clean too !! This is only secondary when you compare it to the security this place offers specially when you are travelling with family. I know resorts are synonimous with overflowing booze and the odd behaviour that goes with it. But these guys ensure the place is squeaky clean and tell you as soon as you step in 'Sir...you may booze, but inside your room'. Of course, I am no saint. But being with family...such a place gives you the added peace of mind.

The staff are cool too. The guy from front office (sorry...forgot your name) started calling me on the phone earnestly from morning when I had not even reached Mysore ! Special thanks also to Daya...who'se the first naturalist i've met and comes across as truly one. Kept us engaged with his expertise though we couldn't spot too many animals during the safari. Didn't go for the nature walk with him as our stay was short and we were bit tired with the long drive from Bangalore. Next time mate !

I would recommend this place to any one who is keen on a peaceful or an exciting holiday...take your pick. There are packages, but without any gruelling schedules and you could keep to your pace.

Thank you all for making the holiday memorable for the whole family...we'll be back some time soon :))

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear BangaloreBalaji,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. So glad to hear that your family and you had memorable holiday! We are including a lot more activities and improved services that you will see immediately when you come in for your next holiday. Please do plan for your kid's summer vacation, the spotting should be a lot better.

Thank again for writing in. A huge ROAR from InnTheWild for BangaloreBalaji! :)

Cheers,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

it was my second visit to inn the wild resort with my friends....this time i planned my comfort stay with nature and wildlife on my birthday..which made my day and birthday special with the services
of staff... and yes the wonderful wildlife inn the wild...thank you so much cyril for buying the cake....on time...cyril and yoga for being a part my birthday party with my friends.
and yes to speak about naturalist his knowleadge and experience about Animals is what makes
this stay an adventurous and pleasant for people.
i would like too visit again with my family to make them also know about nature and wildlife
thank you inn the wild staffs for keeping our stay more comfortable.

Room Tip: Tree house is the best to view the forest and the lake
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Annie,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage, visiting us two times in less than two months and recommending us on TripAdvisor at the end of both trips!

The entire staff and management of InnTheWild would like to thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you next time with your family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had expected to have a nice and relaxing time when we had booked for 2 days in this resort. After the 2 days of stay, I can say that we had a wonderful time at this place. This place gives you more than what you are expecting. The staff behavior was excellent, the food was yummy and stomach filling (quantity was so much that we could never complete the food served). Stayed in the tree house and I must say, the view was the best from the balcony.

I would like to thank one and all at the resort especially Yoga, Cyril, chef Gopi. Thanks for going the extra mile in organizing the candle lit dinner. Though the candle lit dinner was organised for first time on the tree house it was just perfect and you guys made us feel very special.

We would certainly visit the place again. Hoping we see the same guys next time as well :)

Room Tip: Tree House Stay a must :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Abhi_Maverick,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very glad that our staff took personal care and made your candle light dinner on top a the tree house a special experience, one that you will cherish for a lifetime!

I am sure the staff wont change for years to come and we look forward to serving you again. :)

Take care,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Remarkable property, attentive staff and
Excellent property and truly in the wild. I am addicted to it and have made repeat visits and plan to use it as a long term hub for all my travels to the region.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Anupjit S
InnTheWild, Owner at InnTheWild, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Anupjit S,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,
Management, InnTheWild

Also consider these accommodations in or near Masinagudi
Jungle Hut
#1 of 4 in Bandipur
Bear Mountain Jungle Resort
Bear Mountain Jungle Resort
#6 of 10 in Masinagudi

Been to InnTheWild? Share your experiences!