“A nice experience”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Masinagudi
Lawrenceburg
“A nice experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here for two nights while birding with friends. The hosts are very friendly and helpful and the food is fantastic. There are many activities that can be booked here. The rooms are comfortable with lots of space for stowing your gear, they are spartan but that suited me just fine as I was up early and to bed late.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We are 2 women who stayed Feb 3 and 4. We were fortunate to have the cabin facing the lower pond. We had a porch from which we observed several nice birds, the best were the Paradise Flycatcher and the Hawkeagle. Room and bathroom were large and minimal. Everything quite clean. 2 types of safaris avaliable. The official government one where one has to wait for a minimum of 15 people to join who then get on a big bus and go on a circuit through part of the park. Bus can be crowded, babies and children making noise, etc. Wildlife we saw were not near the road. The other safaris is arranged by the Jungle Hut. A small jeep which must stay on the regular small roads but we saw MORE game much, much closer and many wandering across the road including a curious elephant. After taking both I would advise not bothering with the government one. Of course, what you see is a matter of chance but the private one gives you a better shot. Plus, since it is your private jeep you can stop when you want for a better photo. I did get a little nervous about the close elephant but it was ok. There IS free wifi in the large bar area. Just ask for the password. Since the router is obviously in the office, the closer one sits the stronger the signal. The staff is solicitous and friendly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chennai
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in Jungle hut with my wife, 2 kids and my mother. I had to say that it was wonderful or rather I should say the folks who run the place made it wonderful for us. I had to reschedule my dates due to my son's school admission and rescheduling was made without any hassle. Their driver was waiting for us at the Mettupalayam Station when we arrived early morning and was explaining the places as we drew to the resort. Was welcomed by Vivek a fun loving and jovial person who received us and completed the check-in formalities. The friendly staff assisted us in moving into our rooms. I met Vivek later that noon and scheduled our travel plans considering the fact that I had a 3 year old son and a 6 month son. The buffet spread be it breakfast, lunch or dinner was delicious and filling. You can always ask for any special food before and they get it done for you. Loved the special interest they took on my 6 month son by cooking infant food for his and sent to our room on time. The mornings were misty with deers outside your doors and monkeys running around. The personal attention made me give this property a 5 star rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Raja S
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed in Jungle Hut with my wife and 6 year old son during the Pongal weekend. I have to say it was one of the best vacations that we had.

Key points:

1) Rooms & Bathroom: Spartan - but CLEAN!!!
2) Food: Food was tasty and the buffet had enough options. The non-veg options were really good.
3) Service: Really Good. Each small request was catered to.

Overall it was a very good experience. We enjoyed waking up late and walking around the resort trying to spot the wildlife There were a lots of deer in the resort premises. We also ventured outside on foot and the locality also has a quaint temple that offers photo ops.

A word on the staff - Jungle Hut has one of the best staff that I have come across. Great job by Vivek in ensuring that our stay went through without a hitch. And Paul, who took us various places around the area.

Finally - This is one place that I can say with conviction that I will be back. Not only that, both myself and my wife have recommended Jungle Hut to few of our friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GopiramR
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We decided to stay in Jungle hut during our trip to Masinagudi and we loved every moment of it. If you are looking for a place away from hustle and bustle of cities and just want to relax and enjoy the nature, enjoy home like food then this resort is the one for you. Rooms had no TV and internet connection which generally make people lazy to go out of the room and enjoy the nature. Hotel staff is very friendly and food served tasted just like home food. We would love to revisit this place whenever we will plan to visit Masinagudi again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
chester
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place comes as a pleasant surprise in the middle of no where in the jungle. Great hosts and very efficient staff make the stay even better. Homely atmosphere, they go out of their way to pander to your needs and comfort to make your holiday experience a memorable one. The sounds of the jungle is mesmerizing when the lights go off ! A great experience especially for those who have never left the city. The different types of birds one can see here is astounding, truly a bird watchers paradise.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Cannot compare this to Jungle lodge...if you have visited dubare,MM Hills, you will certainly get bored.Had difficulty getting coffee from the machine..had to wait 45 mins.The elephant camp in masinagudi is excellent.. With several elephants.visit in the evening during feeding time.Doc not enjoy the safari as we spotted only deers,langurs, birds,wild board.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank sramh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masinagudi
Casa Deep Woods
#1 of 31 in Masinagudi
Jungle Trailz
Jungle Trailz
#2 of 17 in Masinagudi

Been to Jungle Hut? Share your experiences!