“LOVE IS GOD. LIVE IN LOVE”

and 1 more site!
Bamboo Banks Farm Guest House
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Masinagudi
Chennai (Madras), India
“LOVE IS GOD. LIVE IN LOVE”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bamboo banks is the best resort we ever stayed. As a family of four persons, we reached on 29th June 13 and stayed till 1st July 2013. Throughout our stay we were taken care very well by the entire staff right from the owner to the last named person. Lots of love, care and affection were poured on us. Homely food was excellent and the concern and care were meticulous. Even all the animals staying there were loving and affectionate. Sight seeing trips were arranged to our satisfaction. As this is quite away from human habitats, it was a totally peaceful atmosphere. Our special thanks to Mr Rafic for his helpful and pleasant nature. We intend visit again in the near future. This is highly recommended. Krishnakumar from Chennai

Room Tip: The hosts will help in this matter
1 Thank allfabengineers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We planned to spend our holidays travelling around doing nothing. Called up a couple of places to see if accomodation is avaliable and if they would be ok with having a dog as a guest as we were travelling with our dog. Bamboo banks welcome the fact that we had a dog and made our booking.We reached there at night and were floored by the hospitality the owners offered us. The rooms are basic, but then we were not looking for any five star hotels either.It had fans, hot water, drinking water and a fridge. The food was awesome, had all the meals at the farm house itself. they have a beautiful farm house and one who enjoys nature and walks this place is heaven. The pool was small but clean and one can enjoy the water. Over all i would say that we had an amazing time and when we left there after 2 days we decided our next short holiday will be there again. We went ahead with our trip went to kerela and on our way back we decided that we would like to spend another 2 days at Bamboo Banks.
I would strongly recommend it to all travellers, be it with family or friends. It is one of the best places to relax. Thank you for all the hospitality. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
chennai
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Bamboo banks is the one place which i am recommending to all of my friends and relatives right now! It made our stay pleasant in masinagudi. we family of two adults and two kids arrived over there on 6th morning for a two days stay in redbrick double deluxe accomodation. we had courteous staff opening the gate for us and welcoming us at reception. The rooms were clean, beautiful carpets rolled out in an orderly fashion and having all the amenities like water purifiers, fridge, kettle and toiletaries like a star hotel. The food was delicious and masala omelette, bread sandwiches and dosas were made garama garam in front of us and served.

The swimming pool was clean and well maintained and the whole property is well staffed. Even if there is a small problem it was immediately attended to. Mr.Rafeek was very helpful enough to make sure all our needs were taken care of. It looked like each and every staff were making it sure that our stay remains comfortable and making us feel unique.

And in this regard I have tell to abt and thank Mr.Zerasp for this wonderful trip. They are not only pioneers in this business in mudummalai but still maintaining it in terms of hospitality. Seriously who would have only 6 cottages in the vast area of 42 acres having staffs at calling distance. I dont see any profit motive but passion abt the business.He was courteous enough to take us for a pride ride of their property. I also thank Ms. zerene who greeted us with a warm smile whenever she saw us. And I MISS BAHADUR.

Indoor games room was very good and having a small library stacked with fine collections of books and it was a feast to eyes for a voracious reader like me but unfortunately i couldn't read coz of time constraint.

And Kothavala is defenitly the person for the hospitality industry and i dont believe the person who had added not before defenitly.

Bangalore
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Bamboo Banks was so much more than what we expected. Our cottage was huge with a full array of toiletries available; clean, and very comfortable. The cottage had a refrigerator and a water filter available. The grounds are very nice and it's great to be able to walk around them; we chose to go on a early morning walk which was really nice. There are lots of bird species on the property as well as mammals like deer and hare. It's a fairly short drive to get to Mudumalai park where you can go on a government-run safari and you can drive around the tar roads of the park yourself (lots of wildlife to see). The swimming pool was crystal clear and the tree house view point was so much fun to climb and the view was great. We also got to ride the horses which was one of the highlights of my kids' trip. All of the staff and owners were super-friendly and accommodating. The food, both veg and non-veg, was delicious -- I only regret that there was so much variety that I was unable to go back for seconds!

Great place. Wish I could have stayed for longer.....

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I took a couple of days off with Family and Friends and reached Bamboo Banks. Wow...What an experience. Right from the time I was searching for a resort and finalizing the same and booking it, Zerasp was very honest, truthful and polite. The news channels said that there was census being carried out during our trip from the 2nd thru the 8th of June, we had planned for the 6th, 7th and 8th. He did not give the regular bluff that businessmen would give. He did say that the Government Safari will be closed and did give us the alternatives of which we could choose. The first impression, that was the best.
We reached there around 7 PM on the 7th. Was greeted by his Sister (do not want to spell the name wrongly, sorry), and closely followed by Zerasp, who came to our cottage and explained about the cottage, the plans for our next day and about what the family would have for dinner. First Face to Face interaction, Excellent again.
Went for dinner, Lovely home cooked food. IT never appeared to me even once that this was a hotel where they put masala in everything. The variety of food choice, was very homely and we loved the taste (it always has a little less salt, maybe for folks who like less salt). First dinner, excellent.
Early morning, the next day, we went into the jungles in a private jeep arranged by Zerasp. The jeep was 15 minutes before schedule, it waited for us and took us into the jungle, the bumpy ride and the adventurous feeling. It was the first time that we ventured into the forest with kids, and we enjoyed, though scared after seeing the Dol hunt down the deer. Returned and had the variety of Breakfast. Excellent Breakfast. The variety of the breakfast, with the live Dosa and Egg counter, made it more pleasant. We could choose what kind of Dosa we wanted or the type of egg we wanted.
If I have to keep writing about every food we had, it would be a big imposition and hence, restricting to the first experiences. All in all, the food was homely, the stay was lovely.
We also spent some time with the Sr. Kothavala. We were just discussing in general and the time spent with him, I will cherish the time spent with him.
Someone previously just commented about the gate. That is a novel idea which was implemented by the Sr. Kothavala that I understood. I am sure anyone would appreciate the idea and the science involved in the design of the same. I really was surprised and like kids, at 42, I also wanted to open the gate by pulling the rope to fill the bucket of water which in turns opens the gate. In fact, every time we went out or came in, we took turns in opening the gate. It might be their perception of the design, but everyone have their own views and I take pride in expressing my views. It was an experience to me.
I take this time to thank the whole Family at Bamboo Banks for making our trip such a good one and do promise, that I would suggest this resort over any other resort. I am sure to visit back as and when time permits.

Room Tip: The Twin Cottage is the one I stayed, and I can only comment about it. The View of the mountains fro...
1 Thank svidyakumar
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family along with my friend's family, (4 adult & 4 kids) had booked this place for 3 nights from 26th May. Everything was done through mail coz the number given was not reachable (most of the time). Later Rafic was dealing with the reservations/phone calls. We reached there pretty late due to the road diversion near Ooty. on the way we called Rafic & asked him if we can get lunch after 2.30pm coz we were going to reach late & the answer was "Sorry I don't know it's my day off" (WOW!). Well we some how managed to reach the place at around 2.45. There was a (funny) gate with some ropes/ bucket/etc! some kinda puzzle??? We had to go & open it our selves & there was no one to recieve us (!!!), after a while Mr. Zarasp (the person who was replying to our mails) came to us, said a simple hello with a hand shake (for the sake of it) We told him about the phone conversation with Rafic reg the lunch request & his response.
for which, his reply to us was, " He is not supposed to report to you" then we asked him if lunch was still available, he showed faces & said "there is some food left see if you want to have that".(OUCH ! left overs?!) My friend got upset & asked him why he is so rude & the answer was 'I'm not gonna be shouted at in my property". We were very totaly put off with the kind of welcome that was given to us & his ATTITUDE, from the moment we got out of the car So we said we don't want to stay there he said "thankyou, you can leave..." I wonder how they are getting all these reviews !!! coz I booked this place based on this tripadvisor reviews. So, folks pls think twise before you book bamboo bank farm house. Zarasp is defenitly not the person for the hopitslity industry!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Arokia
bamboobanks, Owner at Bamboo Banks Farm Guest House, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We regret that our first poor review has been posted by a person who chose not to stay with us and therefore never gave us the opportunity to extend our hospitality. Other reviews from guests who have actually stayed with us speak for themselves. We are a small family run business that takes pride in our hospitality, facilities and other services. This can be gauged by the other favourable reviews and by the fact that despite having only 6 accommodations TripAdvisor has awarded us with a “Certificate of Excellence” for the 2013.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was without doubt my best stay ever in Masinagudi. We go there often but this was our first time in Bamboo Banks. Amazing food throughout the day, decent room, great swimming pool where you still get the feeling of being in the middle of a forest.

Never seen before hospitality and very courteous staff and management with good knowledge of the area and wildlife in general. One place which is not after your money and honestly value your experience. When we shared our experiences of spotting a Tiger and Black Panther they were more excited and were genuinely glad we saw the animals.

Room Tip: Stone House, if you are lucky you can have some uninvited guests (elephants) waiting outside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masinagudi
Casa Deep Woods
The Serai Bandipur
#1 of 3 in Bandipur
Glyngarth Resorts
Glyngarth Resorts
#19 of 84 in Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Jungle Retreat
Jungle Retreat
#1 of 31 in Masinagudi

Been to Bamboo Banks Farm Guest House? Share your experiences!