“BAD Experience with the instructors”
Review of Alu Alu Divers

Alu Alu Divers
Reviewed September 17, 2013

the behavior of the instructor was not good at all.
there was no hospitality and I felt like cheated because i had to pay around 300 MYR as compared to other dive shops on the same beach.

3  Thank nitinpurwar

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend took open water padi courese @alu alu they charges 250 rm more than the other dive shop.
I had the fun dive with alu alu but the experience from lee was terrible..during dive my integrated weight belt came out and I couldn't able go down .. this guy Lee stared shouted at me like hell .. he doesn't even know how to behave with customers..
I have decided not to dive with them and joined other dive shop , had 5 amazing dive .
Long story short avoid alu alu ..

3  Thank trinayan2931
Reviewed August 15, 2013

In did my SSI open water @ Alu Alu divers. My experience was very good. All the instructors were well experienced and technically proficient. A little problem to understand the British accent of my instructor :) but that is fine. All the elements of the course were properly conducted. (book, video, swim test, float test, written test and 4 dives)

Scope to improve the coordination between diving instructors/staff and lodge management, though it is not a big issue. It would help us plan the booking well. Please ask for schedule first and ten make flight bookings.

1  Thank Pushkar K
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I undertook my Advanced PADI here (written a seperate review on the Bayu Lodge).

They made my learning experience here a memorable one, Sam Beer my instructor was very patient with me given I was out of practice with diving), and in no time I had the confidence again to push through my advanced.

Equipment was generally of a good standard and seemed well maintained. We stayed here around Ramadam, and considering there wer some staff shortages / boats, they did manage to work it well logistically given the challenges.

2  Thank BritFlip
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I took my SSI cert in early June with the support of the diving instructors at Alu Alu divers. I was admittedly a nervous first-timer but the team was super professional and helpful, and the whole experience was great. We saw shark, turtles, boxfish, "Nemos", barracuda, you name it... I can only recommend these guys, you won't regret it. Bayu Dive Lodge, which is where they are housed, is also a good option for accommodation while you're out there. I agree with other reviewers on the food though, nothing to write home about, although the neighbouring restaurant's fresh seafood is great so no huge problem with straying over to theirs for your meal.

3  Thank ninaelvira