All reviews birds nest villa host pool villa indian chef mala restaurant tree villa butter chicken chef singh water buffalo complimentary mini bar personal assistant outdoor shower pre arrival turn down service our honeymoon bubble bath unique resort
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights our honeymoon in January and loved it! We stayed in a Tent Pool villa and we requested one of the more private villas, which Keemala delivered, we were right up at the back of the resort. None of the villas have real privacy, but we knew this beforehand and this doesn't spoil anything. I'd say the Birds Nest villas and Tree House villas are the most private, there are some quite private Clay Pool villas too. The Tent Pool villas seemed the most overlooked. Also, just a note, not many of the pools/decks have sun all day, so I would request that if it is something that concerns you. We still used our pool, however also made use of the gorgeous communal pool area, having lunch and drinks there too. I saw a couple of comments about the view, we thought the view was incredible. It isn't just a straight view of greenery all the way to the sea, but it is still wonderful.
Another very notable aspect is the food - WOW! The breakfast selection was incredible. We also took advantage of having it brought up as room service one morning (which was free! Non of the room service was chargeable!) The lunch menu at the pool was lovely, with wraps, salads and burgers. The evening menu was gorgeous! There is a choice of Indian and Thai dishes which were all to die for (best Indian food I've ever had... and best Phad Thai!), there were only 2 Western dishes (1 meat, 1 veggie), but this didn't matter at all to me. If you were staying here for a week I would say you'd probably want to eat out a couple of nights, as there is only the one restaurant. The evening room service menu does, however, offer some alternatives including a few more Western dishes. The mini bar (excluding alcohol) is also free, with teas, fresh coffee beans (that you grind yourself), milk, fruit juice, and some fizzy drinks. And there were some snacks and fresh fruit every day. We also came up after our room was made up to find little treats such as brownies and cookies which was a lovely touch.
The resort is very steep but someone is always on hand to drive you round in the golf buggy.
You get your own villa host, ours was Neung, a lovely and very helpful guy. They are there to make sure you have everything you need and can help book trips etc.
I tried the spa, I had a facial and Thai massage, it was expensive but very luxurious, and worth the money for a treat.
The location is great, 5-10 minutes from Kamala, which is a lovely touristy town. Much more family-friendly and relaxed than Patong (Patong is about 20-minute drive).
All in all an amazing place, the villas are incredible, the staff are so so friendly and helpful, lovely little free touches, amazing food and great location. It is definitely an expensive treat, especially considering the budget prices found in Thailand, but this is not a budget place in the slightest, it's pure luxury, and we will definitely be back again!
One last thing, I would say this is not a place to take kids, it's much more of a romantic holiday type. The villa pools would be dangerous for kids and from what I saw I don't think there was a kids menu (although I could be wrong?).

Room tip: Request privacy or sunny pool if desired (probably can't have both!)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ConorOLeary, General Manager at Keemala, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear AmyandTom,
Thank you for staying in Keemala to celebrate your honeymoon. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and Khun Nueng said thank you for mentioning him. I love your detailed review and I am sure it will help many future guests with the information you have provieded. I look forward to welcoming you again next year for your aniversary.
Wish you a wonderful happy life ahead.

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Many different levels of Villas (cost as well as hillside), the resort is well-run with tuktuks to move guests around the steep roads. Our pool villa was uniquely quirky, very spacious with lots of attention to detail. The view was disappointing (roof of lower villa in front blocking most of the distant ocean), the tall trees around us were lovely however. Good breakfast, expensive dinner/wine menu to compliment the expensive accommodation. Staff are friendly and professional, English well-spoken/understood. Not conveniently situated (need a taxi to get into Kamala beach/shops).
Value for money? Not great, plenty of other
hi-end resorts with better views/location.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ConorOLeary, General Manager at Keemala, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Meredith,
Thank you you for choosing Keemala during your recent visit to Phuket. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with future potential guests. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay but am sorry to here you found some items not as expected.
Firstly regarding to our restaurant food and wine pricelist, I am proud to say that Keemala price rates are actually below that of most 5* hotels in the area. Also we are very proud to say that all our prices throughout the resort include tax and service charge. This is different from common local pracyice of adding an extra 17% on top of the bill for tax and service charge. Also it is important to inform that all imported alcohol and wines in Thailand are subject to approximately 400% inport tax which does unfortunately mean that wines in Thailand generally do seem a bit overpriced.
For your thoughts on the location of the resort, we do advertise that we are on a hillside, but I am sorry if you were not able to make use of our multibple complimentary shuttle buses we have to and from Kamala beach each day.
Again however, I thank you once more for your support and hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the future. Have a lovely weekend ahead.
Best regards,
Conor O'Leary
General Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience the keemala resort was one of the best holidays we have had
Sine the villa host was exceptional and deserves more credit than she realises
The hotel has an asset they should keep of
She not only looked after us but also checked continuously without overpowering to ensure that the expectations of the resort where kept
Amazing
Also the waitress rung was also amazing and deserves credit too
Well done to the keemala resort definitely be back for the outstanding service and the most cleanest place we have been to date

1  Thank Fishandgrill
ConorOLeary, General Manager at Keemala, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear Fish and Grill,
I like to thank you for coming to see us and for your great feedback. Khun Sine and Khun Rung are specially happy to see you mentioned them and we are all very proud that we were able to give you a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a very happy 2018.
Best regards, Conor O'Leary, General Manager.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Wow

What an amazing experience this hotel was,
Me and my wife only stayed for the night as it’s very expensive but what a place we staying in a room with a pool (702)
Unbelievable room so big and spacious bathroom was massive,
Bed was massive,
Room service was there within minutes with your drinks food was quick and beautiful
Staff were brilliant and very friendly
We only had a short stay but was amazing

1  Thank T33j

Dear T33j,
Thank you for your short visit and your lovely feedback. we are delighted you had a great stay and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Best wishes for 2018.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

I would actually give Keemala a 3.5 rating but as this is not possible, the 3 will have to suffice. The pictures on the hotel website depict a wonderful concept set in the heart of nature. Unfortunately, this is misleading. Although some rooms are among the trees, others are resort facing with little privacy and also have a view to the construction work opposite the hotel, and the high-rises towards the coast. If booking and wanting privacy with a view to the greenery, ensure that this is made clear at the time of booking.

The claypool villa was lovely - very spacious with a huge bathroom and a wonderfully comfortable kingsized bed. The plunge pool was a nice-to-have however, with there being only one lounger there was not enough seating. The room was very dark overall due to the use of heavy wood and can become rather oppressive - of course this is also dependent on the location of the villa and the amount of sunlight that enters.

Unfortunately our first dining experience at the Christmas Eve Gala was ruined by a fellow guest complaining about the food multiple times in a very loud and obnoxious manner thus, ruining the experience for all others including my son. However, this was not the fault of the hotel. The Thai and Indian food was very tasty, although it would be nice to have a separate bar area for a pre-dinner drink instead of having to do so in the restaurant, and on the same table as one is having dinner.

The pool is fine but the view is also to the construction work and the eyesore buildings in the distant - a big letdown when some intelligent planting could resolve the issue. The gym is small and not very well equipped.

One thing that makes this a lower score is the incorrect bill at check-out. Having booked at a special rate, this was not reflected in the final bill and had to be mentioned with time being taken to resolve the inaccuracy. Also, having booked an airport transfer three days prior via the 'butler', we were taken to the departure area with our luggage with no transportation in sight, and the buggy driver departed leaving us alone with a security guard who spoke little or no English. With a flight to catch and a 45 minute journey ahead of us, it took another 20 minutes to organise a taxi. This involved having to head back to reception, explaining the oversight on the part of the butler, and asking for alternative transport arrangements to be made. There was no apology for the inconvenience nor admission of an oversight on the hotel's part. It seemed as if once the final bill was paid, the guest was no longer of importance and therefore irrelevant.

Housekeeping, pool and F&B staff were lovely although for such a small resort, the GM was never seen.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank HumairaMC

Dear HumairaMC,
Thank you kindly for your review following your stay over Christmas. I am very sorry to read that overall you were not very staisfied with your experience. Overall regarding the location and view points your feedback does assist us and hopefully the near by construction building will be finished soon. I am also sorry about the inacuracy of your invoice upon departure and teh delay in the transfer. I am sorry that you were not assisted better during this time and made felt more at ease. Also regarding not meeting myself, I am again very sorry. I was in the hotel during your stay except for Christmas day which i spent with my family. I do everyday try to reach out and greet as many guests as possible and I was also present at the Christmas Eve dinner, greeting guests at the cocktail party on the roof and around some table. Again I apologise if i did not manage to make contact with you directly.
To finalise I would like to thank you again for your feedback as it is very beneficial to us and I do hope that you may return to Keemala some time in the future, at which point I will look forward to welcoming you.
I wish you a wonderful 2018 ahead.
Kind regards,