“Not a dream come true hotel”
Review of KAMALA BEACH INN

KAMALA BEACH INN
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Southern Finland, Finland
“Not a dream come true hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I bought a last minute travel deal to Phuket Thailand without knowing the resort I would be going no less the hotel where I should be staying. At the airport I was told the place and the hotel. So I got Kamala beach Inn. The staff was actually quite nice except a few persons I came across, the porter last day and one person in the restaurant. The receptionists were ever so lovely and friendly, they made me feel very important and welcomed to their hotel, which I think they were also very proud of working there. Thank you very much, receptionists.

I didn´t like the air con: very noisy and effectless. Even thought it was on nearly all the time, there was still 25-26 degrees in the room. The breakfast buffet was below average: fruits were ok, but otherwise there was only one person making eggs and omelets and pancakes, so you often had to wait for them and also there were made beforehand and lifted aside, so they were quite cold. There was also juice and water available, some rice, cold and hot vegetables, toast (bread) and jam or butter, and buns. No cheese, ham or cold meat. Many people had own supply with cereals, yogurt, I hade my own rye bread from Finland. The morning I had a day trip, the cook making the eggs etc, began her work after I had finished my breakfast, at 7.25, even though breakfast time was 7.00-10.00.

My room was in the 3.floor so I had help with my luggage when I came to the hotel. In the room was also small fridge with minibar. Never saw a cleaning lady, but the bed was made everyday aswell the towels replaced. You had to buy your own water, that didn`t include.

The balcony was small. There was no shower curtain, no wall between the toilet, no basin so the whole floor was wet after the shower. Hot water was though always available.

There were no safe boxes available, they all were already in use for other customers, so I had to leave my valuables in a brown envelope to the hotel´s own safe. DON´T leave money there, only passports and other papers.

The pool area is quite nice, distance to beach ok and weekly 2 local markets are really near.

And at last: the day I left the hotel the porter checked the minibar, if I had taken something from there and he saw I had taken nothing from there. I tipped the man already upstairs and he carried my luggage downstairs and shouted something for the receptionist. When I left my key, she told me that the porter had told, that I had taken 2 waters from the minibar, I told her I had taken non and she didn`t take money from me. That episode left a really bad memory of the place.

But the visitors who had chosen the hotel themselfs, seemed to enjoy the place and many came back year after another.

Room Tip: I think the rooms access to pools could be very nice
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank vivian L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sweden
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stayed here for two nights before we went home. I nice and cosy. The room smelled a bit strange but it was ok. We sleept very goog. The staff was very nice and helpfull.
Kamala was a nice calm place. Nice beachwalk. You have to walk for like 7 min to get to the beach. Great beakfast. Eventhoug they served the breakfast at 7 am it was ok for us to have some breakfast at 6 am in the morning before we went to the airport.
A great stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MonziSwed
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed December 11, 2010

A 2 star hotel nothing moore but the staff are super good i miss them , allways a smile. and when the toilet paper is gone they RUN for moore :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mikeharry_Sweden
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 8, 2010

August month is the low tourist season for this island and hotel .
Me and girlfriend virtually had the entire hotel by ourselves ! We are the only guest for the entire week. We were given a poolview and the pool is directly on our doorstep.
The room is clean, no odd smells , quality bed , with mini fridge and a tv ( only 3 channels )
But we were not there for the tv . Tremendously peaceful and quiet.
Only the airconditioner and the geckos outside were making noises.
The hotel people were busy repainting the rest of the rooms . They have a resident cat. A very playful black cat.
Breakfast was okay. We were served American breakfast which is quite standard and we had the entire dining area as no other guest was there .
This place is about 5 minutes walk to the Kamala beach ,the Tsunami memorial, small town with the usual massages,restaurants, shops , bike rentals, the evening local market ,bars and girls.

About 20 minutes walk to the Fantasea Theme park.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johanssm
denmark
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The drinks, shakes, juices, lunch is very good.
The room is cosy and very clean.
Very quiet, near beach, shops, restaurents, good taxiservice.
Staff really sweet and helpfull, very thanksfull too.

They could do something about there breakfast, but everything else is just great at the hotel. There is 2 pools too, one a little big, and cosy place, the orther is small, but great also.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand
Reviewed January 2, 2007

We booked into the hotel for the New Year in Kamala Beach. The hotel is a bit dated but the staff seem helpful. The Rooms are equipped with a TV (only 3 channels) and a small fridge.

We had ants in the room when we checked in but managed to clear them with some spray.

Breakfast on the first morning was a farce as we arrived and they had run out of food and could not supply new food quick enough. The guests were fighting over the food that they did bring out. They only had 1 person cooking eggs so a big queue. I did not even bother going to anymore breakfast after that.

The location of the hotel is ok, and a short walk to the beach. I would not return to this hotel as service is poor and the hotel feels a bit run down and dated.

• Liked — Comfy Bed
  • Disliked — Breakfast was terrible
  • Tips/Secrets — Wait until the hotel has been refurbished!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Biglobb

Travelers are raving about these Kamala hotels