“Small Italy”

Al Fresco Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 120 Restaurants in Kamala
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Phuket, Thailand
“Small Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was at Al Fresco few days ago and it was really great! I felt like I was in small Italy! I think the best place ever in Phuket to eat Italian food!
Great food,drinks, really good muisic, friendly waiters!
I recommended Al Fresco to everybody!

• Visited December 2013
JohnPalms, Owner at Al Fresco Restaurant, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments about Al Fresco. The staff have all worked very hard on making the change over a success, I am pleased you enjoyed your meal, and I will
pass on your praise to all of the staff. Many thanks again for posting your comment here.

• Finnish first
suffolk
“Walk on by”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ate here with my family. Food timings all over the shop....wrong food being bought to table. Seemed to be a bloke nominally 'in charge'....when not apologising to customers who had complained seemed happy lounging at the bar smoking. Save your money and spend it elsewhere!

• Visited December 2013
JohnPalms, Owner at Al Fresco Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I am really sorry to hear that you were not happy with your recent visit to our new Al Fresco restaurant. So far all of the feed back that I have received from guests has only been good. However, on checking with my staff after your comment here, I believe on the night you visited we had new staff, and there were some problems with wrong orders, which I assume must have been your.
Once again I would like to apologize for any poor service you received, which is certainly not the norm, and to take this opportunity to invite you to give us a try again, but this time as "my guests".
thailand
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I visited Al Fresco last night, and what a great find it was. The food was incredible, I could not believe that I was still in Phuket. I had a starter and main course, both beautifully presented, and tasted delicious!! The staff there could not have been more helpful. I was told that it was new, but I highly recommend a visit here. Another big plus point was that their prices were very reasonable.... Especially their 99 baht cocktails

• Visited December 2013
Thank you very much for the very nice review, I am glad you enjoyed our new restaurant and look forward to seeing you again.
Natal, RN
“Tasteless overpriced food - something was wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

First day in Kamala, we stopped here hoping for a late lunch in the afternoon. We thought it was a safer bet to select a place slightly more posh on the exterior and ready to pay higher price to get something nice: this was a mistake . The place was completely empty but we presumed because of the siesta hour. During the upcoming days, we however noticed that no matter the hour, conspiciously few guests, which was completely understandable post facto. An uninterested waiter showed up with a menu and half an hour later, a completely fad and pointless dish was served. I had selected a traditional Thai dish with fresh ginger in hope to feel some refreshing tastes, but the parts supposed to be ginger had no taste at all, and felt like eating pasta from last year. Overall, it was like having something very old from the freezer warmed in a micro. I started to remember my years as a poor student and what I produced experimentally to improve my daily spaghetti. But this was worse. Surprisingly, there was not a trace of any kind of spice in the food. I have eaten more tasty food in hospitals; the difference is that hospital food need to avoid spices and do their best with many restrictions. The palms in kamala can hardly make anyone happy, this meal was the biggest disappointment during 2 weeks in Thailand. If you are in Kamala, try out some other place along the road, several of which serve the same dishes as in palms but for half the price and better quality. Something was terribly wrong in the kitchen at this place.

• Visited February 2011