“Amazing hotel and super service! ”
Review of U Zenmaya Phuket

U Zenmaya Phuket
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Jordbro
“Amazing hotel and super service! ”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and i must say it was one of the best experience of my life. The view from our room was so beautiful and the rooms are big and very nice. The staff is so friendly and helpful! Breakfast was good. Overall a perfect stay and amazing service. Even for such an amazing hotel the price was reasonable. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My friends and I stayed at U ZenMaya for 2 nights and we actually wished we stayed longer.

Staff and service:
Staff were wonderful, pleasant and friendly. They tried their best to provide us with the best services and I commend them for their efforts and smiles. We could choose our own pillows and soap and they provided us with the plug we needed to charge our phones. The first impression when we stepped in the hotel was really good and thus we had such a great time throughout our stay. First impression does matter!

Room:
We chose the seaview deluxe room and it was spacious and amazing! I would definitely recommend this room to everyone, the view that you wake up to is spectacular. Even if you don't have your own private pool access, the jacuzzi tub in the room is enough for a relaxing night in the room.

Upkeep of the room is well maintained and very clean.

Pool:
You can enjoy the view of the sea with their pool. It really feels good just to relax and unwind. My friends and I actually compared this to MBS Singapore, and we think the view of the sea here is much better than the view of the city! Thumbs up!

Location:
Location of the hotel is just before patong beach, you can always get a tuktuk for max of 300baht to go to patong beach and bangla road, jungceylon. If you're looking for a peaceful relaxing weekend or trip this hotel provides it. Not too close to the hustle of patong beach but not too far either to get there.

Overall:
We had such a good and amazing trip, we would recommend this place to anyone because of their great service and beautiful spacious rooms. We hope the quality will be maintained and the staff stay as wonderful and friendly. We will definitely be back someday! Great job U ZenMaya Team!

Room Tip: Choose the sea view deluxe room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Iyliee
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful hotel, the rooms are large and the beds are really comfy. Everywhere is spotless and kept at a high standard.
My only complaints would be I felt misled when booking this hotel as is said all deluxe rooms come with a Jacuzzi and the photo is of a balcony jacuzzi. When arriving at the hotel we discovered that it is actually a jacuzzi bath tub in the bathroom.
I did enquire about the outdoor one and was told there are only 2 and they are fully booked.
Other grumbles would be the wifi is rubbish and very infrequent.
The drink prices are unreasonable. In a 7/11 a litre of coke is 57bart at the hotel a can is 100bart (£2)
I would not recommend changing up money at the hotel as the exchange rate is really poor.
Finally the staff are helpful and friendly although it appears they have been trained to do/say thing in a certain way which means there is not much sign of the magical Thai atmosphere you get everywhere else.
Overall a pleasant 2 days at this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle N
GM U Zenmaya P, General Manager at U Zenmaya Phuket, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Michelle C,

Greetings from U Zenmaya Phuket.

I would like to begin by thanking your for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. As one of the newest U hotels I appreciate all feedback on this website as it allows me to address any issues experienced by our guests or clarify matters for any future visitors.

May I offer my genuine apologies that you stay was a little disappointing. As your complete satisfaction is U Zenmaya’s one and only aim I would like to address the points you raised.
If I may politely inform you that our website does clearly state that all rooms contain a Jacuzzi either on the balcony or in the room and the room description in each category clarifies this. I deeply regret that you felt you were “misled” in some way.

The issue regarding the wi-fi in some rooms is currently being attended to by my IT department.

I would also like to mention that the drink prices and exchange rate when changing money are fully commensurate with other hotels in Phuket.

Although your interaction with the staff was positive your comment regarding the way the staff present themselves has been well noted. As a U hotel our service mind is one of our greatest assets and I have spoken to my Training Manager about introducing classes in how we can enhance our guest’s true Thai experience.

May I end by saying that we hope to have the chance to be of service to you on your next visit to Phuket where you can witness the improvements we have made regarding your invaluable feedback.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We r staying here for 2 night..im still here when im writing this review..the staff is very friendly n helpfull..they will always put the smile when they see u..the location is super nice for me..its about 2-3 minit riding from the patong beach..my room facing the sea n have my own jacuzzi inide my room..but they r not providing halal food for muslim..luckily i rent the bike so i can go to patong town to buy some food.

• Stayed June 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nice to service and nice room , so surprise they have greeting with letter & when i'm open TV have welcome word with my name so amazing ! everything is ok i will come back to this hotel again!! Great !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rathassan l
Paris, France
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice hotel, just open in 2014 (February I think).
On Kalim Beach, between Kamala and Patpong beach, location not very convenient.

Good Points:
- nice view
- comfortable room
- wonderful pool
- restaurant acceptable (a bit expensive)y
- staff friendly, rooms cleaned
- Propose free of charge wifi (and small library rooms) and some bikes (but watch out, roads are not easy to ride!)

Points to be reviewed:
- 2 shuttle only for Patong (and one way only). 1 per hour, with return will be more convenient.
- hotels already open but not finished (fitness room not open in end of May) or bad realized (door of shower is too short, so water flood everywhere in the bathroom)
- no beach (or rather a very small one, with access not easy, and many rocks)

Conclusion: what is this hotel ? A resort for Family - no / An hotel for Business ? Definitely not. Maybe a small boutique hotel, small additional services available (2 meetings rooms, up to 70 persons, maybe good for small weddings)

Compare to U Sensuri in Nai Harn, no doubt, choose Nai Harn. I know that U Hotels plan to open a new hotel in Kata Beach, just fingers crossed to have a real beach this time (or an easy access)

Room Tip: Choose a sea view rooms !!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jbd01
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. We had an amazing view looking over the sea so peaceful with an amazing jacuzzi on our balcony to relax in at the end of the day. The rooms are nice and very spacious . An amazing infinity pool and a little private beach. The hotel is very clean. The staff were amazing very helpful we were always greeted with a smile. Ommie looked after us so well even swapped her shift on our last day so she could be there to say good bye that was so touching. You also get two free drinks when you check in from the mini bar. Breakfast was amazing. Also a free shuttle to town twice a day.

Room Tip: Ocean view room.. Just so peacefully and amazing views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to U Zenmaya Phuket? Share your experiences!