“Great Italian food”
Review of Ristorante Talanuri - CLOSED

Ristorante Talanuri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Typical Italian restaurant. homemade pasta, clean and friendly staff
Reviewed August 13, 2014

What a surprise to find a place like this in small Kamala! Manage your expectations, this is not fine dining, but a solid little Italian taverna which is basically a one-man show run by Massimo the owner, who also a very friendly person.

I went there with my Italian girlfriend, and both of us really enjoyed the bruschetta and pasta, which is made by Massimo himself (as is the focaccia). I'm not an expert on tiramisu, so I trust the happy look on my better half's face. We went back a second time for more focaccia and to try the pizza. It had very nice toppings, but I wasn't 100% convinced by the dough that evening. I guess it could have just done with slightly more time in the oven, but tastes differ.

All in all a very pleasant surprise, we hadn't had pasta this good in a pretty long time!

1  Thank citizen428

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Found this restaurant through trip advisor and was not disappointed. We ate there 3 nights and in the end we forced ourselves to go elsewhere as we were gorging ourselves on pasta. Firstly let me say the restaurant only has four tables and is run by the owner, a rather eccentric italian man. The food is wonderful (I should have tried the ravioli which I hear is great), the Chang is cold and the service is entertaining. At one stage Marcemo came up to take our order with a cigarette in his mouth - hysterical, we would never see that at home! On another night he entertained us with his guitar and singing. Please make the effort to visit Marcemo if you are in Kamala, you won't be disappointed, you will be well fed and entertained.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Based on all the positive reviews, I decided to give the place a try.
I went in the early evening, around 6:30.
When I sat at a table, before I got a menu, I noticed a very strong scent of urine. Couldn't tell if it was man or animal, but, it was bad.
I simply left.

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Found this place through trip advisor. Finally some really nice home made italian food after all the endless Thai spice. Spinach ravioli were great. Pizza with gorgonzola was very delicious. Will come back again. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a five-day trip to Phuket this time and if I have to remember only three restaurants, Ristorante Talanuri is definitely one of them.

I made a telephone booking to make sure the restaurant was still open for late lunch and when we got there, it was already slightly after three. We've ordered gnocchi with cheese, ravioli with salmon and pizza Quattro Stagioni. The gnocchi was a night surprise, having a very rich flavour and texture but without being too "sticky" if you know what I mean. The pizza was the best I have ever had in my life. The crust was crispy and the ingredients were just well done.

Price was extremely reasonable.

As the chef is virtually doing a one-man show, you should not expect fancy decor and service of high-end restaurants abundant in Phuket. There's also limited choice of beverages, at least during lunch hours. However, if you are looking for authentic and delicious italian pasta and pizza, this is the choice.