“Perfect hotel!”

Ratana Apart-Hotel
Ranked #19 of 41 Kamala B&B and Inns
“Perfect hotel!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Second time to stay in this hotel .great staff clean room and the pool is class.
Going back to kamala in august and have booked this hotel for 28 days .the hotel is five mins from the beach. Food is really good and the room are all new and cleaned every day. Hotel is on the main road and next to the big c shopping centre were you can get anything you need.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Because of an error with agoda, this hotel ripped me off. My dates were booked wrong because of what I believe were technical difficulties on the app. I received an email asking for a review? I thought hang on, I haven't even stayed there yet? After contacting agoda, there was no sympathy from them or the hotel. They wouldn't change my dates and the hotel lied to agoda, saying I checked in. So here I am, writing a bad review for a hotel I haven't even stayed, I don't go Thailand for another two weeks. Be aware, these are a heartless business with no customer consideration.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Kamala hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here over for 4 nights over the New Year, in a grand deluxe room. The hotel is on the busy main road, so we were relieved to get a room facing the back. The room was very modern, comfortable and clean; however, the view from the balcony was over a group of ugly, corrugated-iron shacks that serve as a small Thai village, on a patch of waste land - and you're looking down from the 4th floor, not the 24th. If you can feel comfortable sitting in your plush hotel, looking directly across at such abject poverty a short stone’s throw away, then fair enough. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and we were more than happy to give out some impromptu New Year gifts. Kamala beach itself, is a 10 minute walk away, fastest way is through the carpark of a large supermarket. The place is packed with Europeans and Russians. It is a reasonable beach (which is family orientated - no loud beach bars etc), but nothing spectacular - Karon beach is definitely more pleasing on the eye.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On an impromptu trip down to Phuket from Kao Lak we quickly booked a room at Ratana on a third party website. Upon arrival we were given a room with no window. Well it had a window however it was facing the hall. Lets just say that you dont get a sea view or fresh air.

We went right away downstairs asking for rectification however the hotel was booked as it was a Saturday night. The reception staff was not so keen on finding a workable option. After calling the third party website and discussing our displeasure there was not workable solution.

I was however able to speak with the reservation Manager who was speaking to her staff while I was at the Reception. I asked to speak with her and I must say that she turned an unpleasant situation around. K Noi was able to give me options that would be satisfactory to our issue. I was glad to be able to speak with her as she managed to find a satisfactory option to our issue. We stayed the night in that room. The room overall is very modern and well kept. The shower pressure is very low. We called the reception asking for someone to help however the girl mentioned that she was the only one at the desk at the time and couldn't come up. We ended up showering under a dripping shower.

Breakfast in the morning was not so bad. They provide parking however it is limited.

I want to praise K Noi for all her help and for turning what could have been a very negative experience in a positive one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Balcony or open fresh air.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We left the Ratana Apart hotel yesterday after spending around 10 days there. Firstly the good things. It was clean, modern, and around a ten minute walk to the beach. The pool is on the roof and is also quite nice. The main issue we had was that I'd looked for a hotel with a balcony so my wife and I could sit and have a beer in the evening, for this I paid to have a superior room. On opening the patio door I was mortified. It overlooks a shanty town and a man made river (which they pour sewage into) and it smelt terrible. We weren't able to use the balcony at all. This would be the case for all the rooms on this side of the hotel. The other side looks over the busy road. The breakfast was pretty basic which was fine. Our main issue was that every time we walked into reception no one even acknowledged us. A simple Sawadee or even a smile would have been nice!

At the end of the day, the things that were bad didn't spoil our stay and ultimately you get what you pay for.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple