We stayed at Novotel Kamala Resort Villa type for 2 nights. The ocean view in the room is amazing, you can completely view the beach and ocean when lay down to the bed.
However, there are big hospitality service problems that they have to improve. We’ve talked with the manager in the check-in counter and showed the list of problems below but seemed no response to us until today.
1. Disgusting pillow case with blood and yellow stain, we noticed after next day morning when woke up :(
2. Quilt cover had dirty stain as well
3. The drainage system got stuck and flooded while took shower. We’ve contacted front desk to have maintenance and requested to provide new cleaned towels cos we used those towels for soaking the flooding. Eventually, they fixed the drainage problems with no tidy up of the wet towels on the floor and no new towels supply.
4. The small shower head was weak. It couldn’t have water pressure to make the water out properly.
5. The tap in the bathroom also had water supply problem. Keep noisy water pressure sounds on everytime we used it whatever switch to cold or hot water.
We’ve expressed the dissatisfaction of the above when we checked out. However, we couldn’t see the hotel have the positive response and well hospitality attitude. The last word before said good bye to us after they heard the above problems was ‘do you need any drinks to take away ?’ Pffffffff, do they think the drink is the compensation ? We paid for the Ocean View Villa to get those problems as ‘reward’, does it make sense?
In addition, beware that the hotel only provides the limited time slot with limited seats for transferring guests from hotel to Patong. 11 guests only for each time-slot. As Kamala beach area is under construction everywhere, there is nothing to explore in that area, we couldn’t believe that hotel does less transfer service on it. Btw, 200bhat taxi service is the minimum price within Kamala. You can imagine how much you have to spend daily on transportation
to other area if you couldn’t get the hotel transport service. Ridiculously, front desk always recommended you to use taxi service whenever the distance takes in 5mins foot-walk, and said dangerous walk on the road.
Last but not least, their hotel hospitality service has to do more. During the days we stayed, we couldn’t feel any warm, kindness and helpful from staff. They only rush to do their work like robot, no prompt response, generous speaking and less smile.