“Top class hotel”

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Wollongong, Australia
“Top class hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here for a week late March/early April. Nice comfortable, well appointed and clean roms, serviced daily. Clean pool with a pool bar. Friendly and helpful staf and management. Couldn't find fault with any aspect of our stay. Located on a busy road choc full of bars and restaurants and an easy 15 minute walk to an exciting beach and beachside cafes and bars and shops. Kamala Tropical Garden is located close to Phantasea and also the open night markets. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommended this place to anyone, solo, couple or family, it's ideal.

Room Tip: All the rooms open to the pool and are all quiet with no traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
From all of us at KTG a big thanks for your great review,we are glad you enjoyed your stay both with us and in Phuket/Kamala. Kamala is a great place to base yourself when visiting Phuket, just 15-20 mins from Patong if you want the crazy nightlife it has to offer yet far enough away for some peace and quiet. Great beach (in my opinion one of the best on the island) nice relaxed atmosphere with everything you need to make a great holiday including our unique restaurant "TAOSHA". Look out for the BLUE LIGHT TREES on the main road KAMALA.
Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Started our holiday at KTG, stayed 5 nights. Hotel arranged airport pick up for us. Rooms were large, bright and comfortable. We got an upgrade to the spa suite which was lovely. Hotel is on a busy road but rooms are set back so you don't hear any noise. Lovely having a pool to relax round after our flight from UK. Hotel is well run, thank you Jim, Jedda and staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Shhhh dont tell everyone about our spa suite or everyone will want an upgrade and we only have one LOL.
it was a pleasure having you stay with us and for your kind words and great review, the pool/garden area is a great little oasis isnt it?
hope to see you again on your next trip to Phuket.
jim
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I absolutely loved this place and I can not fault it in any way. Like previous reviews, KTG is like an Oasis of beauty in a busy part of Kamala Beach, set back from a noisey and very busy main road.
The Hotel consists of 16 beautifully but simply furnished bungalows set round a stunning pool and lovely well kept gardens, each bungalow having a pool view. The rooms are cleaned daily and are left spotlessly clean and smelling lovely by the cleaning girls. They all have fridges, LCD TV's, free safes, toiletries, mini bars, towels changed every 3 days, pool towels available at reception.All have a patio and lighting to sit out at night with 2 chairs and a table.

All the staff were just brilliant and geniuinely can not do enough for you. This creates a really informal, friendly and relaxed atmosphere about the place which for me made it an exceptional Hotel.

The restaurant is large and airy and the food is great and good value for money. A number of themed nights are held and all of them were great.

kamala is a busy resort and the main road is not for the faint hearted!! The beach, although extremely busy during high season when I visited is a fantastic beach with almost white sand and clear blue sea. It s backed by numerous bars, restaurants and shops and again has a relaxed and informal feel about it. The beach is an easy 5/10 min walk from KTG

The hotel will arrange a taxi to pick you up from the airport for 1000 Baht ( approx £20) which I found a great help after a long flight. The journey by taxi apporox 40 mins.

I can not recomend this Hotel highly enough and I was actually gutted to be leaving ( I have never been any where before where 2 weeks wasn't enough) and I can not wait to return.

Thanks to Jim, jedda ( hope i've spelt it right) the aptly named Joy who is just too lovely to describe and all the staff for their efforts in making my holiday one of my best ever and one that has certainly ensured that I will return again. Love and best wishes to you all and good luck to Jedda x

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally as attractive and well presented.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
hi Paul
it was an absolute pleasure having you stay at our hotel and for your kind words here in this review, you know where we are and expect to see you on your next trip to Phuket (LOL). Joking aside we are all happy to read that your stay with us was enjoyed and memorable for all the right reasons and that you enjoyed the restaurant facilities as well.
from all of us at KTG
THANK YOU.
Bangplee
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Kamala Tropical Garden is, as the name implies, something of a tropical paradise. Although the entrance is on the main road, once inside you would not be aware of this, and the bedrooms are quiet. On the subject of the bedrooms, every detail has been thought of - especially in terms of colour and layout. Mine even had a jacuzzi! The pool is nice but for me the coup de grace had to be the restaurant. No need to leave the premises if you're looking for international haute cuisine. I particularly enjoyed the grain-fed steak and lamb shank.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank DavidBangplee
jimKTG, Manager at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
hi David
thank you for your kind and great review, it was a pleasure having you stay and hope your trip home was good. shhhh dont tell everyone about the spa suite as we only have one LOL.
please look up out facebook page for taosha restaurant or here on trip advisor under restaurant listings and review us their as it looks like you really enjoyed our service and food
hope to see you again next time you are in phuket.
jim and the team
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a pleasure to stay at a family run Hotel/Motel/Resort. Clean modern aircon bungalows set around the pool. Friendly highly competent staff. Great facilities including fast reliable internet. Plus a superb very affordable attached restaurant with Breakfast Lunch & Dinner, Try the all the seafood!

Big Thanks to Jim, Jedda, Kev, Sugatti & all the staff who made our stay such a pleasure...We'll be back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Hi Ash
it was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Phuket.
from everyone here at KTG
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travelled thru Asia for a month in November and December and this was the best of many good hotels I stayed at. The room was great, the location perfect, and everyone working at the hotel was wonderful. The hotel is just off the main road but the rooms are very quiet as they are behind the restaurant complex. The beautiful pool area is like an oasis in the middle of town. It is an easy 10 minute walk to the beach and there are many bars and restaurants nearby. In the evening I usually had a beer at the Aussie Bar a block away before moving onto the Kamala beer garden across the street. I always ended up back at the hotel (sometimes just to drink juice!) as everyone was so friendly. Joy, the bartender, was an entertaining source of information and Jim, the owner, was always around and interesting to talk to. All of the workers were friendly and went out of there way to help me so after 5 days I was disappointed to leave as it felt like home. The room was a good size, very clean, had a fairly large fridge, and the bed was comfortable, which is important to me. The price was a bargain for what I got and I will return for a longer stay.
What I most liked about Kamala Beach, besides the hotel, was the beach itself. Despite my tripadvisor name I have been more interested in beaches in the last 10 years and this one of the best I have been on. It was long and easy to walk on and at the end of the beach, past all the beach chairs, there are 3 simple bars. I always stopped at the first one just past the Novatel. Quiet, great view, good place to swim, and cold beer - paradise!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephen T
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you such a great review not just of our hotel and restaurant but of Kamla, we think it is a special place on the Island.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and YES Joy is a blast. We all hope to see you back then next time you visit Phuket
Jim
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here after reading all the good reviews and were NOT disappointed at all. The staff is absolutely lovely. Check in was quickly done so that I could get to my room fast and get the family holiday started. We met Jim the first night and felt really at home after that. He was always around the property and frequently checked in on the guests.
I love the location. Not too close to Patong but not too far.
My next stay will definitely be here.
Restaurant is great. The all you can eat Mexican buffet was absolutely delicious.
Highly recommend for families with young children (very quiet) and families with teenagers (10 minutes to Patong). All rooms have access to the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HKTrish
jimKTG, Owner at Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hi Trish
thanks for your kind words in this review, it was truly a pleasure having you and you boys stay with us and hope to see you as a regular here as you are only a few hours away.
As your dining experience at our restaurant TAOSHA was delicious could you write us a review there? LOL

JIM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Keemala
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 328 in Patong
Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach
Navatara Phuket Resort

Been to Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!