All reviews private beach sky lounge villa pool outdoor bathtub room service free mini bar unique design patong beach clear view common pool tuk tuk shower room main restaurant main pool stunning resort beach front our honeymoon
Reviewed November 26, 2016

This is an amazing piece of architecture, but the execution and especially the dining is TERRIBLE. It exposes this hotel for what it probably is: a hotel designed by one company and built/executed by another. Small, but obvious flaws in the construction. The restaurant did not know how to make basic cocktails (martinis and old fashioned were half water or more and with crushed ice), staff walked around with loud walkie talkies while delivering food or asking for your order, and room service orders were being prepared in the main dining area - only a few feet from our table. Our food came out cold (we saw it sitting out for 15 minutes before they brought it over). And room service the next morning came to us cold as well.

It's a shame - this is an incredible location with truly amazing architecture (and for those reasons alone you may want to check it out), but for the money, we expected a better overall experience. I truly hope they will improve the management of the hotel (especially the restaurant) to match the initial design - it has the potential to be a one of a kind, 5-star place.

Room tip: All seem equal
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank Grady M
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at The Naka Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

Dear Grady M,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on The Naka Phuket. We welcome all feedback and comments as they are tools to further assist us to improve ourselves hence you can be rest assured, your comments are taken very seriously.
I apologise for the less-than-satisfactory in dining experience you had with us. Your concerns raised have been discussed with the relevant department heads and steps for improvement in the areas mentioned by you are in place and have been implemented.
Again thank you for your feedback and we would certainly like to welcome you back one day for another chance and to make amends.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

The hotel has a scent of desperation that makes you not feel welcome. I was expecting much, much more from my stay here.

The room service staff are grumpy and miserable with unconvincing fake smiles. Probably not their fault as they are overworked and underpaid.

The hotel is desperate enough to charge $400 for a $28 bottle of whiskey.

After calling to inquire as to why the tiny shot I received was so astronomically expensive my call was not returned. All I wanted was to relax with a drink, what I received instead was a long drawn out, poor excuse and several waste of time phone calls trying to justify an outright scam. If everything was good I may have turned a blind eye, but this was too much.

You call for the room to be made up but nothing happens. You call to ask why and they give another poor excuse and say they were scared to enter the room as no one answered, even though I called for the service, there is no 'do not disturb sign' yet in the mornings at 10am the housekeepers let themselves in. Another lie, another mistake, another member of staff who doesn't care.

The detail in the rooms is way below par (see photos). At first glance it's pretty but the when you look close it's shabby and certainly not chic. The grass in the Ocean Front Suites is dying. The wood in the other suites is in need of treatment. Celing lights in the bathrooms are half finished.

The design is good but there is no concern for privacy. My girlfriend has to shock of being seem naked by the ground staff.

They say this place is for Honeymooners, but it only really suits exhibitionists!! Almost every room is overlooked by another and there are no curtains on one side of each room, which equals zero privacy.

A perfect example of style over substance and a cheap version of what it should be.

The front desk staff are decent but overworked.

If you like to stay in a bad atmosphere during your well earned vacation this hotel is for you.

You deserve better. Especially at $500+ per night.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank thevisionaire

Dear absolute_hedonist,

Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on TripAdvisor.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered at our hotel.
Regarding the unexpected experience in room services and housekeeping, we will take that issue into account and will pay more attention to it.

Secondly, for the service, we have been discussed with the relevant department heads and steps for improvement.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and apologize for any inconvenience occurred.

Attaneeya Plengwittya

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Stunning villa, place, service.
Cannot even find the right words to describe it!
All the resort is just paradise. The design, the details, the cleanness are just superb.
Food is excellent and the spa... amazing!
They have maid service multiple times a day, the quality of the furniture, lines, towels are outstanding.
I'm very picky and the only thing I would suggest is to use electric tuk tuk instead of gasoline ones (save the planet! Lol)

Trip type: Traveled solo
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at The Naka Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2016

Dear Giulistica,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this wonderful review about your stay with us recently. I was absolutely thrilled to read your amazing feedback regarding your stay.I am also pleased to hear that you found our villas beautiful and comfortable and that you found our hotel facilities, as well as services potentiality

Once again, I want to thank you for sharing these lovely comments about your stay with us which I am delighted to share with our team later today.

And we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your “home away from home”.

Reviewed November 23, 2016

OK, to start out, it is important to state that I'm Platinum with SPG, so I'm used to being spoiled in most hotels. I have to say, this is not one of those hotels. I had to pay from an upgrade after I was told we were booked in their most basic of rooms, and there is no other form of platinum recognition outside breakfast...

The rooms are nice, the private pool is great, we had a wait a while for the pick-ups from the villas a few times (we had to go back inside and call again at least twice), and you certainly wouldn't walk from where our villa was based.

The private beach is pretty, the restaurants are nice, but don't go there unless you want to do nothing at all, it's that type of resort... Great for some, but I found it isolated.

I'm not going to promote other properties in this review, but in my opinion for the money spent, there are better SPG properties, and non-SPG properties around Phuket.

I do have to say, waking up overlooking the beach each morning, simply stunning!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BensAdventures
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at The Naka Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Dear BensAdventures,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We always look forward to our guest’s feedback on a daily basis, positive and negative, and rest assured we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to our service.

Again thank you for your feedback and We hope that you will find time to visit us again in order to re-evaluate us again.

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

My husband & I are currently staying here for 6 nights & whilst our initial impression of the property was that it was underwhelming due to the phenomenal amount of concrete (which is a deliberate design feature), our opinion of the place has only increased each day.
We were given the highest room in the complex, with a bigger than average private pool & great views down to the stunning private beach. The room is huge & has everything you need, including complementary minibar restocked each day.
A word of warning though, the rooms are quite isolated & self contained - you're unlikely so see many other guests so I'd only recommend this place if you're looking for quiet alone time!
The hotel is very large & hilly so the only easy way of getting about is using the hotel transport service which is great, you never have to wait long for a 'tuk tuk' to collect you once you've called reception.
Breakfast was good, particularly when we ordered the room service 'bento box'.
I wouldn't plan on spending your evenings here - we went the sky bar the first night & we were the only guests, we then went to the restaurant by the beach thinking there would be more people there - nope! We took the shuttle into Patong most nights, it's crazy but at least it's something to do!
Overall a nice place to spend time if you want to relax & be in each others' company.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sw7900
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at The Naka Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Dear Sw7900,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Naka Phuket during your visit to Phuket and for having taken the time to share your review.

I was very happy to know that you had an overall amazing time and that you were very pleased with our services and our location.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments in regards to our Restaurants and breakfast.

It will be a pleasure to share your kind words with all of our personnel.

We look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back to The Naka Phuket.