“Wow, excellent place!”

Ranked #28 of 140 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Carbonara is the typical "trattoria" that can be found in the center of Italy. The cuisine is handled by Francesco, born in Rome but of Umbrian culinary training, while the reception is curated by Valentina, who in Umbria was born and raised. The flavors and the products are typical of Maremma Laziale and Valle del Nera (river); from Pecorino cheese to braised lamb shank, hand-made pasta (fettuccine, lasagna, ravioli, potato dumplings) and pizza with a fine and crunchy base, then the homemade bacon, the guanciale (pork cheek) and the black truffle, that goes well even with the tropical climate. The atmosphere and the location are relaxed, airy and comfortable, the large parking in the back allows the enjoyment of a pedestrian and safe location for children who are free to enjoy the garden's greenery while parents can taste selected wines and foods in the fresh evening. La Carbonara restaurant pizzeria is a small tranquil extract of genuine Italian cuisine in the heart of Kamala.
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I ate here twice and everything was just excellent both times. The staff is incredibly friendly and the food is WOW - I felt like I was in Italy! :)
If you're tired of Thai food - don't look any further, you'll love this place!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are looking for a place where to eat an authentic Italian meal in a very nice ambiance, look no further! No matter what you are up to eating, Francesco the head chef, prepares authentic Italian food. The pizza is the same you can eat in Rome, thin crust, excellent ingredients. But it is not only about pasta and pizza. The meat is perfect and very tender, they have homemade bread, exquisite desserts and they have different specials every day.
The service is good and Valentina, Francesco's wife, takes very good care of the guests and the prices are very fair. Another aspect that I really liked is that the restaurant is not pretentious and the portions are generous, unlike some fine dining restaurants where it is all about the presentation, but the food has no substance.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Italian couple that runs the restaurant are wonderful and their food is authentic and delicious! If you want a night off from typical Thai fair, I'd definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed April 10, 2013

this italioan restauranmt offers way more than carbonara, although that is very good, my wife had it and sdaid she thought that bit was about the besrt she had ever had, including our trip to italy last year

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We walked by and bought gelato on several occasions and decided to stop back for dinner.

We were seated right away and our orders taken, but our appetizers came before our water did. I had the bruschetta which was excellent but small portion.

I ordered the penne Bolognese and got spaghetti Bolognese instead. No worries.

My boyfriend had the lasagne which he said was very good.

I will definatly go back, because the food is GOOD. But I would like to see more staff to come back and ask of I needed anything else. They seem short staffed. Maybe they could lower their prices a little bit or give a bigger portion for the cost.