“Best Relaxing Hotel with AMAZING STAFF!!”

Aquamarine Resort & Villa
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
“Best Relaxing Hotel with AMAZING STAFF!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

One of the most amazing hotels I have ever stay at,
The rooms:
They do need upgrading but for the price you pay they are very good. And the view is worth every penny! Who stays in the rooms on holidays any way :)

Service: BEST service I have had any where, the guys in the restraunt are amazing and my stay wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't for Alec, Daniel, Toto, Pop & Sanya they made our visits to the restraunt and the swim up bar enjoyable :)

Food: Spring Rolls are the best!!! And my partner loved the Thai Lamb Rack or "Thailamb" they have joked about it.

Drinks:
Can be expensive If u send everything to te room, drinks roughly $200-350bht each cocktails about $290bht much cheaper in bars and clubs in Patong.

Service: 100%

Location: a little bit out of Patong but the hotel provides free shuttle busses from 9am til 10pm. Wich is great and the drop off point is central

I would stay here again for a relaxing holiday with a view. ;)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MissWalker22190

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I just returned from a wonderful 5 days stay at Aquamarine Villa & Resort!! the villa is amazing except the furniture and toilet is abit old but it will be perfect if replenish! They provide free shuttle bus to kamala beach and patong central and is not always fully booked so we always got a seat whereas other hotels will always fully booked. one day the weather was bad and the tour we booked in Patong Name SWAT cancelled our speed boat trip and prospone to the next day but in the end they arrang next day and said the driver have accident cant come which is our 2nd last day of our trip so we cant go speed boat tour it is ridiculous about the cancellation as the weather was very good the second time they cancelled so be very careful where you book your day trip tour from and don't bother to buy in SWAT in patong! We told our incident to the hotel staff and they were so helpful and send us a driver to the pier and catch the PP island boat at last min. the services was excellent and i have gave so much tips cos they were so good! we would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: room not too far from the lobby is better with the pool and ocean view
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed there for three days in the first week of May. The property is good with fantastic view. At the same time 20-30 minutes drive from happening Patong area. The sore point was, I forgot my golden brace-late in the room drawer at the time of check out. As we moved to one of the patong hotel, we came back in the evening and requested to check the drawer to get our belonging back. The staff refused to help siting their inability to disturb the existing guest. We requested them to check in the morning and gave our local mobile no. too. But in spite of following up for next three days, they could not find the jewellary. MORAL - Take good care of your belongings and don't expect honesty from either the Resort or it's staff.

1 Thank Mahendra_Kamath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just returned from a wonderful 9 day stay at the Aquamarine Resort. This was my second stay there and both times I've been impressed with the price and the quality of the hotel considering its 3.5 star rating. I stayed at a 4.5 star resort in Kata Beach last time in Thailand and it was not nearly as nice as the Aquamarine.

We upgraded to a Seaview Deluxe room for an extra $AU100, which was worth it. Some of the others rooms have sea views, however the higher up, the better it is, and there are no guarantees that you will have a good view unless you upgrade.

The rooms are very Thai. I love them. The beds are typical Thai style and VERY firm, however this is not limited to this hotel and was the same at the last place I stayed. I got used to it and I'm pretty fussy, but it might be a shock if someone is not acquainted with Thai mattresses.

There are a lot of stairs, hills and no lifts if you stay in a seaview room, especially if you stay in one further up the hill that the resort is situated on. If you were not prepared to walk stairs or hills, or were terribly unfit, this might be a struggle. The resort bell boys have golf carts that they use to transport people up and down the hills and this is available any time you like. My boyfriend and I are quite fit, so this was not a problem and we did not use this service.

The three pools are lovely. Everything you could want from a swim up bar and sun-lounges to a lap pool.

The breakfast buffet was great and had everything you could want from fresh fruit, salad, danishes and breads, eggs cooked to your liking, to an assortment of Asian food (fried rice, soup, thai noodles etc) which changed daily. The coffee was the only thing that needs improvement, however, from past experience in Thailand, it is hard to find a good coffee outside of Starbucks.

The room service prices are fair, but obviously not as cheap as eating outside of the hotel. The hotel food at the Blue Sea Cafe/Restaurant is good enough and mostly what you'd expect to pay at a hotel. We tried a seafood special set menu as something special on our first night. It was average. We're not huge seafood eaters though, so we didn't do it again. The service on our night there was also average. There are much better places to eat.
After this, we didn't eat at the hotel restaurant again. Instead we went to the highly recommended local place just outside the hotel - the White Orchid. The food was much cheaper, much better and the service was incredible. You would never know how good the food is from the look of the place on the outside. It's quite the find!

The fitness center is small and quiet, with one treadmill, exercise bike, rowing machine and weight equipment. The machines are overdue for an upgrade. My boyfriend is a professional boxer, so he used the gym twice a day. The treadmill stopped working a few times, so we had to head to a park at Kamala Beach for him to run. Thailand roads typically have no sidewalk.
I'll contact the resort before I go next time and see if they have upgraded their cardio machines.

The hotel offers free transport to and from Kamala beach every two hours during the day. It also provides free transport to and from the Jungceylon shopping mall in the center of Patong two times a day. This was fantastic and saves lots of money on taxi's if you do it regularly.

The spa had a 'buy one get one free' offer because it is low season. I recommend it because the staff are fantastic at what they do and it was amazine, however, there are cheaper alternatives for massages, which are just as good if you're willing to try a few other places. The only place I've found that was better, was just across the road from where the resort staff drop you off at the Jungceylon mall in Patong.

I will stay at Aquamarine again. Finding the White Orchid restaurant outside the resort sealed that for me. If you can eat the local food everyday cheaply without getting sick, its a winner. The Aquamarine is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of town (it is 1-2KM from Kamala Beach and a 20 min drive to Patong). Perfect for families or couples who want a quieter and peaceful holiday. I wouldn't recommend it to my grandparents because of the stairs and hills or those who just want to go to Patong and party all the time. It's not that kind of resort. I would upgrade to a seaview room again. I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Christoandchristycat
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Aqua Marine Resort & villas for 4 nights.The room I had was close to the reception area,and the view from the room was good.I loved the pool areas-they have 3 different pools on the property which was nice especially if there are lots of kids,you can always escape to another one.The location was a little far from the main area of Kamala beach,but this was not really a problem for me as there were shuttle buses to & fro the beach. The gym was ok doing a work out.
I had a few meals at the blue cafe which was nice so were the drinks.
I wish there was wi fi in the rooms and not just at the lobby,also to be able to eat a meal in the pool area in the evening instead of going down to the resturant.
The therapists in the Lotus Spa were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby if you have difficulty walking,or don`t want to walk upa steep hill to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank norisea1
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed in the one of the villas on the hill, fanatstic view from the balcony over looking the bay. Villas are fitted out very well with all facilities including an enormous stone bath. The accomodation is a short walk up a steep hill, which could be a bit of problem for the less mobile. There is a courtesy shuttle up the hill when available. We hired a car so the location was not a problem, there is shuttle buses to Kamala Beach and Patong. The food and drinks in the hotel are expensive but apart from breakfast who eats in a hotel any way. Staff are generally very helpfull and friendly. The hotel caters for a lot of Korean package tourists who turn up for breakfast on mass and then depart for the rest of the day. Try to avoid the these times at breakfast and allow the staff to replenish the food!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

spent 10 days at the Aqua Marine Resort and loved it very relaxing staff were extremely helpful couldn't do enough for you 10 min hilly walk into kamala beach town, but used to walk down of an evening where you can find all budgets of restaurants from beach side restaurants at £3 meals to something a little bit more expensive and then get a taxi back which would cost anything from 150bt-200bt. courtesy bus into both Kamala beach and patong is very handy. Would diffinately go back as thoroughly enjoyed it magnificent views from the infinity pools, buffet breakfast had a good selection

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up for better views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family