We chose to stay at Aqua Marine because of a cheap coupon deal we found online ($25 pp/night) and were slightly disappointed upon arrival. Although the hotel grounds, pools and rooms were beautiful, there were a few annoyances:
1. Our hotel room was located a fair distance up a steep hill after which you then needed to walk up a few more flights of stairs to gt to the room (quite tiring, eapecially in the heat and humidity) - there was a buggy that could take us up but for half of our stay it wasn't working
2. We were travelling in a group of 8 but the hotel was only contracted to 5-seater taxis so our fare in/out of the hotel was always doubled because we couldnt get a larger taxi (there were shuttle buses to kamala beach and patong but sometimes they were all booked out, and they only ran certain times of the day)
3. The location of the hotel was quite isolated, there wasnt really anywhere you could walk to from the hotel
4. The staff, especially the receptionists didn't speak english very well, it was tremendously difficult to organise our bookingssince we had bought coupons from an external sight
5. There were lizards in our room
So overall, if you're looking for a secluded romantic getaway this hotel would be ideal for you (a great place to lounge by the pool), but otherwise I would advise that you stay in a more central area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Aquamarine Resort & Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Marine Resort And Villa
- Aqua Marine Resort & Villa Hotel Kamala
- Aquamarine Hotel Kathu
- Aquamarine Resort Kathu
- Aquamarine Resort & Villa Kamala, Phuket