I spent two weeks at this hotel with my husband as part of "The contrasts of Thailand " holiday offered by Saga travel. When we arrived at Phuket airport it was a scene of confusion with no Saga rep there to meet us . We kept together and eventually a rather scruffy lady who didn't seem to speak much English arrived to supervise our transfer which is very unusual for Saga as they take pride in their staff both at arrivals and departure being helpful and efficient. We were told to board mini busses and leave our luggage by the side of the road to be picked up by another vehicle. We all refused to leave the airport until our luggage was safely on board and I can't think why a large coach want sent for us. Consequently we were very late arriving at the hotel and were all very disgruntled. Later Tom our rep apologised on behalf of Saga but this should not have happened.At first sight we thought that the hotel resort was very basic and rooms quite sparsely furnished but we soon realised that these negatives were outweighed by the wonderful food and efficient and friendly staff. A special thank you goes to our super Saga rep Tom who was never too busy to answer questions or give us some friendly advice even checking us in on line for our return journey home. His local knowledge was outstanding and he must be one of the most efficient holiday reps that we have ever had. Also thanks to Lerm ,Kob and Aonjai who served us our drinks in the bar not forgetting RJ, Ken,Lee and John (he has great potential as a future hotel manager)
The hotel itself was an adult only resort which was really appreciated by our Saga group. The pools were kept immaculately clean and you could always find a sunbed as they were plentiful and the hotel policy was no reservations before 9.30 .. A very good idea.
The Saga drink selection could have been a little more varied but the food was absolutely wonderful and this is where the hotel really excels. As well as a vast Thai food menu there were always tempting salads, beautiful fish dishes and succulent chicken and steaks. I am sure that you could stay for three months here and never get bored with the food and it was possibly the best food that we have had on this type of holiday. Each Thursday a Cabernet show would be staged with an amazing buffet including fresh seafood, roast and BBQ meat and some great sushi.
The presentation was superb and all the staff worked very hard to ensure that everyone had plenty to eat. The rooms were kept very clean as were the grounds but the only downside was that the porterage was not very well organised as when we arrived at the hotel it took almost an hour for our cases to be brought to the room and on checkout the porters forgot to pick our cases up and luckily we noticed just in time before our coach arrived.
The hotel spa is very reasonable and no appointment required a very relaxing experience with competent staff.
I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and congratulate the management on their efficient and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Kamala Beach is a place where life is calmer, where every day is a break from everyday life and where time for once is on your side. Children probably think that this is a totally boring place. Adults traveling without children describe this as simply wonderful. We have adjusted all our services according to your interests, especially those of you appreciating good food, wine, wellness and a calm relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunprime Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) Hotel Kamala
- Kamala Beach Hotel
- Sunprime Kamala Beach Phuket