13 people are viewing this hotel
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
$87
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 19
No fees just great deals
2,021 results
All reviews kamala beach beach front free upgrade pool restaurant junior suite big resort swim up bar a pool view room breakfast buffet great resort beachfront location nice beach high season phi phi island no lift restaurant staff pools
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for three nights (a while ago I must admit) and found the hotel overall to be alright but nothing to write home about.

The location is very good, just step away from a beach that is fairly quiet by Phuket standards. Several restaurants, bars and shops can be reached by an easy walk. Kamala is a bit more laid back than for example Karon and Bangtao, very nice indeed if you want a relaxed holiday (only 15 minutes from the chaos of Patong).

The room was clean and fairly modern, no problems there. It was a bit of a walk to the room but I got seaview (restricted) as requested.

Only used the restaurant for breakfast which was fresh and tasty. Friendly staff.

Used room service one night, good value for money and the order was delivered promptly.

The hotel had several pools and although I did not use them they all seemed clean and well looked after.

All in all I could recommend this hotel to couples that will anyway spend lots of the time on the beach and are there to enjoy the sunshine. If you are looking for a 5 star resort experience, with all the bells and whistles, then you need to look elsewhere.

Would I go back? Possibly as it is overall a good hotel and the location is fantastic.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank CJF
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were initally going to another, much better hotel for 2 weeks, but as there were no rooms available for that week we had to book 1 week in Sunprime hotel. I wanted as close to the beach as possible - after all if i wanted to stay at the pool I might as well stay at home and just visit a swimming pool. I agree with other reviews - the part near the reception and far from the beach is newer and looks well. The part near the beach is old and very, very, very, very, very, very shabby. Very. I think the price for the part of the hotel near the beach must be reduced, and people must be seriously warned, because they might get into shock when they see the bathroom. The air conditioning was really noisy. Water pressure was very low. We did not have breakfast at the hotel, the room was equipped with a kettle, so we had breakfast in our room. Anywho back to the hotel: am I coming back? Dear God I hope not. Was it something to write home about? Not really, except for the horrible bathroom. But it was quiet at night (not in the morning thou). All in all - nothing to write home about. But again I am comparing it with another hotel we went afterwards, if we never did this one would be all right. There was nothing very negative about the hotel. Cleaning was all right, pick up taxi was cheap and he was waiting 1,5 hours because our plane was late (as usual, because it was Finnair).

Room tip: Take the part near the reception if you want to have a decent room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bambinaabordo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On the beachfront with some external Restaurants Bars and Shops
We have also stayed at the all happening Patong Beach, Up market and quiet Mai Kao Beach but we found a happy medium at the Kamala Beach Resort.
The upgrade to a ground floor room with access to the pool and pool bar directly outside the room was appreciated for early morning and late evening dips.
Also there was little noise generally associated with swimming pools.
The bedroom was a great size and the bed was delightfully massive. As there was no separate shower I think the bath would benefit with some grab rails
Breakfast was fine and the Asian restaurant menu seemed reasonably priced although the European menu appeared limited and expensive. An open air grill for fish and the like would be a bonus to compete with the other restaurants in the area
The staff were all very helpful, friendly ( I hope young John in the restaurant gets his work permit)
All in all ENJOY
Go to Phi Phi Island on a tour

Room tip: Ground floor with direct access to the pool
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had a fantastic holiday at Kamala Beach Resort (Sunprime). It is a beautiful place and as there is an age limitation of 16 years it is quiet and very relaxing. I had my stay only with breakfast but I ate there a few times. The breakfast is fantastic and the same can only be said for their Thai meals. The rooms are fine and clean. There are not many western channels on the TV but who needs that when you are on holyday. The staffs like Miss Fai at reception and Mr Dam at restaurant is very friendly and they do what they can to make you stay pleasant. I can only recommend the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have just spent 10 days at Kamala Beach. Our booking was made over the internet and they confirmed everything 2 days before arrival. On arrival we were not happy with the location of our rooms and the Reception staff were very good and gave us more suitable rooms. The Deluxe Pool View rooms we stayed in are very nice but could have a little more furniture in them ie a small carpet and an easy chair, beds extremely comfortable, rooms well cleaned. Only negative about the rooms is that the sound from the rooms above carried and we were woken very early every morning by the people above us dragging chairs all over their room, well that's what it sounded like. Pools awesome and generally we could find spare loungers at the pools in the new wing. Location on the beach very nice although the beach was packed with deck chairs and not as nice as Karon beach. Lots of little food stalls along the beach with good inexpensive food. The hotel restaurant was very reasonably priced for food and the portions were huge! This hotel is very busy and many of the guests are older non- English Europeans, we found them exceptionally rude. Having said that we enjoyed our stay but would not go there again due to the fact that Kamala is so busy.

Room tip: Pool View rooms nice and big but the rooms in the older part of the Resort also look very good. don't have a ground floor room if you don't like noise!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family