“Fantastic Resort, will be back!!”

Sunprime Kamala Beach
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic Resort, will be back!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed mid June for 8 nights. The location was perfect for us, quiet and still easy to get to patong by taxi for 400 baht. Our room was clean and cleaned very well every day. The food at the resort is fantastic. We loved the buffet breaky and room service was not expensive at all and delivered very quick for those days when you have been out on tours all day. The wifi can be accessed from the pool areas as well so was very happy with that. The pools were fantastic! Make sure you say hello to the lovely lady at the pool bar for us! We are glad we stayed in off peak, it was peaceful and had little to no interruption or noise the entire visit. We stayed in the Garden room which was perfect to jump straight into the pool. The beach area was also lovely, there are some great little places to grab a bite along the beach front.

The actual kamala town district does not have anything interesting its just really everyday business for the locals. You may find the shops closer to the beach area are a little harder to bargin with due to the low season and they arent interested that you can get it cheaper in patong. Kamala is a little way up from chalong so be prepared to be picked up first and dropped off last for your tours. We didnt mind though. Overall we had a fantastic stay here, everyone was friendly and the resort was well looked after especially for off peak time, the food was well priced and drinks also, the mini mart onsite was very helpful. It was child free and fabulous! We will return one day.

Room Tip: In off peak the deluxe ground floor room by the pool was perfect! However in peak time they get up...
1 Thank Brisfoodie15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Checked in two nights ago after brief flight from BKK. Arrived early afternoon and resort seemed quite as if at normal low season. Reception helpful and got me two adjoining rooms I needed. Walked grounds and looked around beach. My room 2104 was musty and seemed moldy smelling. Repeated airing and air did not improve condition. My adjoining room had wet / sweaty floor. Seemed as freshly mopped. But sweaty floor second day had me wondering if ground floor below was open and not cooled; maybe temp inversion between floors making problem. Most noted problem was cats at end of hall and beyond sliding door in sports room area. They hung out around area and seemed to have free run of place. Smell of cat urine was noticeable on both hallway side side of door and in sports area. Definitely area for correction.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Athene T
australia
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very nice pools and rooms -
Great location - very pretty beach
Good food in restaurant and very reasonable prices !! (breakfast was included and it was good)
Location good but beach restaurants were a little disapointing you'll find better food in town.

3 Thank ejaneAustralia
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

husband and i stayed 7 nights, our friends stayed 14. absolutely the best location, right on the beach. lots of pools to choose from too,(5) i think. food delicious, service, couldn';t fault it. all staff very friendly and helpful, went out of their way.very clean, rooms lovely,good size and comfy bed, a plus.had an absolutely fantastic time. no kids at sunprime our side so also a plus. 20 minute taxi ride to patong for shopping,we went every day, so add the cost of that, was 400 baht , tuk tuk home was 300 .but if you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle but still close enough to go every day this is the place to stay.beach was a bit rough a few days but we did swim there as well. lots of mixed age groups there too. will go back and stay here next year. also off peak is the best time to go anyway.an absolutely beautiful resort with beautiful staff.

Room Tip: if you go off peak its all rather quiet, peak time i would say the pool rooms would be a little nois...
2 Thank steincf
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there two nights an am glad it was only two nights
Staff are very lazy and seem to be not interested in ur complains I kindly asked the receptionist to help me get the lizard out of my room the guy said he will send someone to help me??? No one came totally ignored me, when we first checked in the guy said that he upgraded us to nice room the room number was 2311 at sunprime honestly I was totally shocked cos I think he downgraded us there was so much filth in the hallways dead cockroaches everywhere, next morning I woke up I went to the lobby to use the wifi the hotel staff are sitting next to me playing angry birds what a joke where is the proffesionalism,lazy staff that won't bother to help me
In the morning I was having my breakfast I asked the waitress to get me fresh milk he just graped from the table next to us when the other guests left??? I paid 214 AUD for tonight's not worth it made a mistake and I will never come back

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Sofia m
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed in November 2011 with family members... 6 people with 3 rooms... we had value for money, friendly staff, early check in to our rooms (we arrived around 9 or 10am), huge variety of breakfast buffet, great location across from Phuket Fantasea and stalls and eating places along beach front. We rented scooters and rode to Patong Beach which wasn't far at all... you need to be careful on the scooters as it is hilly and drains are huge... I noticed the traffic was quite aware of scooters however and very patient however in actual Patong Beach the traffic is crazy!! Cars trucks and scooters everywhere we survived however lol! Was an awesome time I would definitely like to stay again and for longer. I think there were about 4 pools as well at the resort

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tkbran
sydney
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great place to stay as long as you dont mind paying to get to downtown Phuket. There are little places to eat along the beach but they are seasonal. Come off peak season they disappear.

Breakfast here are excellent and while I have eaten a few dinners only they have all been nice. I do think down town choices and prices are better. Rooms can be quite dark,beds are pretty firm and there are no lifts if you need to take bags upstairs. The pool is small but nice,good slide for kids and the cocktails are hit and miss. I have had great ones and poor ones,so it depends who the staff person is!

The beach is a bit of a walk,but nothing huge. Avoid Bobby the Tailor if you are a woman. It will end in tears.

Hugely popular for the Russians,I dont know why. Good quiet spot for couples or bussiness people.

Room Tip: you may want to ask for ground floor,away from pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
#4 of 36 in Kamala
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort

Been to Sunprime Kamala Beach? Share your experiences!