This was our first time to Thailand and me & wife had the best experience. We had booked the Grand Deluxe Pool View room, but on arrival we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was almost as big as our house. We had a view looking down to pools and a short walk to get down to the beach. The staff at the resort were very helpfull, we had pre-booked out airport transfer through the hotel and we had someone waiting for us on arrival at the airport.
We had lunch at the resort once we arrived, they have amazing food there, but there are pleanty of resturants & cafes on the beach with serve even better quality food and really cheap. For breakfast we went a couple of times to the Kamala Bakery on the Main St, about 10mins walk from the resort, best lemon crapes ever.
As for location Kamala is very quite, but is perfect if thats what you are after. There are plenty of bars & the beach is amazing. There are still plenty of tourist out & about/ Kamala markets are on friday nights, just a couple of minutes walk from the resort, try the popcorn.
We also watch the Fantasea show with is just up the road & worth going to.
We ventured to Patong with is only 30mins away, the resort has a afternoon shuttle bus that can get you there and back. We also checked out the markets in Phuket City, which are worth going to.
A bar worth checking out is located just outside the resort, it's just a little bamboo shack, cheap drinks. There you can get your laundry done for 50B/kg. and you can also hire a scooter for 300B/day.
Will definitely be back there next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Kamala Beach is a place where life is calmer, where every day is a break from everyday life and where time for once is on your side. Children probably think that this is a totally boring place. Adults traveling without children describe this as simply wonderful. We have adjusted all our services according to your interests, especially those of you appreciating good food, wine, wellness and a calm relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunprime Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) Hotel Kamala
- Kamala Beach Hotel
- Sunprime Kamala Beach Phuket