Sunprime Kamala Beach
The Naka Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$379
$303
Trip.com
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$853
$796
Agoda.com
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$166
$117
$63
Kamala Dreams(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Breakfast included
Sunwing Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$122
$86
  • Pool
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$63
Kamala Beach Estate(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$188
$91
Agoda.com
Kamala Tropical Garden Hotel(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$32
$28
Agoda.com
U Zenmaya Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$172
$104
Hotels.com
1,540 results
All reviewssaga repdeluxe pool viewbeach wingkamala beachbeach frontfree upgrademini martlarge hoteljunior suitecloser to the beachswim up barlow seasonnice beachthai massagepool restaurantgreat resortpool towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Great holiday,i struggle to see how people could be dissatisfied with this resort.The staff are fantastic,food is great and the very short walk to the beach - which is quiet in the off season is great,The bar at the northern end of the beach is wonderful ,the girls at the mini-mart are very helpful.I had a suit made at Krish Tailors which was very smooth indeed!Perhaps don`t get the hotel to do your washing.if you don`t like it here then you have picked the wrong sort of holiday.

Room Tip: all rooms are good just depends what storey you wt
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank 255097Richard
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel was a disappointment for our last few days in Thailand prior to returning home to Australia after three fabulous weeks travelling about the country.

Kamala Beach Resort is an enormous sprawling hotel with an institution-like feel, long corridors and steep flights of stairs. I really pitied the poor man who had to carry our luggage up 3 steep flights of stairs to our room - there is no lift - not even a service lift.

Our room could be compared to a very average 70's style 3 star (if lucky) motel - (motel not hotel) in Australia. The shower was over the slippery and high bath without a hand rail and could be quite dangerous for older people. The basin tap leaked across the bench each time the tap was turned on, the towel rail was coming away from the wall and could not take the weight of the towels. Twice during our stay there was no water and although it wasn't for long periods it was quite disconcerting to turn on the taps/flush the toilet and - nothing!

The cleaning of the rooms left much to be desired as the same dirty patch that was on the bathroom floor when we arrived was still there when we left - I am not sure the floor was shown too much of the mop!

The restaurant also left a lot to be desired and was quite a strange experience. A wine list offering maybe 5 wines by the glass was really just a piece of paper as none of the wines were available! There was actually a choice of two wines - white or red - (don't ask for any more info than that cause you won't get any from the staff). The white wine was absolutely appalling with a nose of metho and an even worse taste - undrinkable! Now the bit I don't understand was that all the "unavailable" wines could be purchased at the "Fino" restaurant (part of the same resort) but unfortunately Fino is only open for lunch. Surely if they are operated by the same management they could share a bottle of wine or two??

We only ate at the restaurant one night as the experience of being presented with a dessert garnished with maraschino cherry with nibble tooth marks (I don't even want to know) was too much for me!

There were very few people staying at the resort when we were there and mostly we had the lovely beachfront pool to ourselves which was very nice.

Kamala Beach is a beautiful spot and apart from the fact that many of the restaurants and shops were shut for the low season, we really liked Kamala and found some great spots to eat and relax.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank midcoast
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We were a group of 8 friends (all ladies) who travelled to Thailand to celebrate our one friend's 50th birthday.
We had a wonderful 2 week stay at Kamala Beach Resort. Our rooms were big and spacious, situated on the ground floor overlooking 2 swimming pools (I think we conted 10 swimming pools in total). We thoroughly enjoyed the water aerobics that was given 4 days of the week and which had us in laughing fits most of the time as we were all so unfit!!

What really mad a huge difference is that the resort have special wing for families - which means that those without kids can have a lovely quiet time at one of the pools if you are not keen to go to the beach, which is a stone throw away. The beach front is for those who love the hustle & bustle - lots of stalls and people selling their different wares and a lovely warm sea to to swim in or just laze under an umbrella. There are lots and lots of stalls/little restaurants along the beach front- depending on your preferance and there is some very good food for very very reasonable prices. Not to forget all the massage areas where you can go and relax (at the hotel as well as beach front). The staff are all very friendly and helpful!!

We also found a little gem of a bar situated right at the end of the beach (and quite a far walk from where we stayed) but it is so worth while doing the trek! The view is amazing as it is build on stelts and the beer and fruitjuice ice cold! The guy managing it, Peak, was such a lovely person and he plays amazing 79's and 80's music.

So depending on your preference for a holiday - we had a truly wonderful time............and I suppose the place will never be the same again!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Annie H
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We only stayed one night as we were passing through from Phi Phi, but I wish we gave ourselves more time here. Just about everything was perfect or near perfect. Except for one incident (see below with the beach chairs), everything exceeded our expectations.

FYI, The complex is big, so expect to be escorted in a golf cart on arrival. Unfortunately for the bellboy, there are no elevators, and we were on the 3rd floor. Our room had views of the pools and the beach and ocean. They provide huge, luxurious beach towels in the room, which was convenient.

We got in around 5pm, but one look at the beach from our room, and I had to go in. Nice waves, no crowds, and an upcoming sunset... how could you not? We went to the beach, and experienced the only major flaw of the stay, and it's not entirely the hotel's fault. As we were grabbing some chairs on the beach, we hear some shouting. We look over, and a local merchant is screaming frantically and aggressively in our direction. I couldn't imagine we were doing anything so wrong to incur that reaction, and I looked behind me, and saw a dog on the beach. Ah, it did seem like he was yelling at an animal. No, I was wrong. He was yelling at us for taking those chairs. Those chairs did not belong to the hotel, but to a separate vendor. I have never been yelled at so rudely for something so minimal... I was shocked, and that doesn't happen often.

Apparently, the hotel provides chairs on the beach, but just in a different area. I told the front desk that a sign would be helpful, to save future guests from that type of treatment. Or they should develop better relations with the beach vendor.

Despite the vendor, the time in the ocean was AMAZING. Wonderful, warm water, rolling waves, soft sand. The best beach I've ever been to (at least in the last 20 years).

They provide free wifi in the lobby area, but neither of our phones (Android OS) could connect, though others could, so probably something with our phones. The hotel was nice enough to let us use a tablet computer to check in to our flight.

Meals and drinks were reasonably priced, even for a 5star resort. The pools were large and fun, with swim-up bars, but watch out for mosquitoes...

I highly recommend this resort. I definitely will return. I'll just make sure I pick the right beach chairs next time....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ravigoter
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Good, clean hotel. Repaired numbers, the green territory, an ideal parity of the price and quality is a lot of pools

• Stayed: April 2011